PDA

View Full Version : 2250 WoC For Locals

Cobrak
28-12-2008, 13:26
Ok so this list is intended to be used at my local Turny. the armies brought out most often are Dwarfs, DE, Empire, Orcs&Gobo, HE, TK, WE. some times somone decides to use something random. I have had so much trouble picking between Skaven(my first and Favoret army) and WoC (my 3rd most active army). please rate, Crit, i am open and sense my games have changed from 3turn losses to 6 turn draws/mv/losses new rec-3/1/5 i figure i would get some oppinions on my new list to get a better looking record.

Heroes=460

Sorc-230
Scroll, Power Fam, MoT, Deamonic Mount, Lv2

Sorc-230
Scroll, Book, MoT, Deamonic Mount, Lv2

Core-874

Hounds-120
4x units of 5

Warriors-534
2x units of 15 w/ Shields, Hailberds, Stand, Mus

Horsmen-220
2x units of 5 w/ LA, Flails, Mok

Special-910

Knights-700
2x units of 8 w/ Stand, Mus

Ogres-210
unit of 4 w/ CA, AHW, MoK

Totals-2244

The goal was to go for enough hard hitting units that my opponets wouldn't be able to just shoot them down or magic them dead befor I could reach Combat. so is the list good, bad, WTF am I doing. All advice is well come

sephiroth87
28-12-2008, 16:08
First off, the list looks pretty good.

Second, the only thing I notice is that the sorcerers shouldn't be in combat. Furthermore, with only 2 level 2 casters, you'll find that they won't get many spells off in 2250 points. At that level, you'd better be prepared to make a significant investment if you want a magic phase. Otherwise, drop them down to level one casters with dispel scrolls. Also, consider dropping one of the mounts and putting a sorcerer in a chariot. Give him an enchanted shield and a dispel scroll. That way, you don't have dead space in your list with sorcerers doing nothing and you still have magic defense. And it's a great way to get an extra special choice.

GodlessM
28-12-2008, 16:14
It's good list, but you have thrown away so many points idly.

The Sorcerers should be on Chaos Steeds which are cheaper and give a better armour save. You do not want these Sorcerers getting into a tussle. The Knights need only be in units of 6, 8 will just take up room, and they won't all get to attack. That will all save you 228pts. With that, you should get a third spell caster.

A few tidbits:
- Horsemen would be better off if you gave up Khorne and LA, for Slaanesh and Musicians.
- Dragon Ogres would be better with GWs.
- Get some Spawn to protect the Warriors' flanks.

Cobrak
28-12-2008, 17:15
OK so after reviewing messages and posts i tinkerd with the list and this is what i have come up with. Thanks every one who posted and replied it has helped

Heroes-595

Sorc-200
Lv2, MoT, Disc, Scroll, Power fam

Sorc-200
Lv2, MoT, Disc, Scroll, Book

Sorc-195
Lv2, MoT, Disc, ES, ToP, Spell Fam

Core-874

Hounds-120
4 units of 5

Horsemen-210
2 units of 5 w/ Flails, Mok

Warriors-534
2 units of 15 w/ Shields, Hailberd, stand, mus

Special-790

Knights-580
2 units of 6 w/ stand, MoK(can be swapped for MoN)

Ogres-210
unit of 4 w/ AHW, CA, MoK

10pd
5dd+2scrolls
79 models

GodlessM
28-12-2008, 17:19
Looking much better mate. Be careful not to get your disk riders blown up or shot down though.