PDA

View Full Version : 2k magic heavy Lizrdmen List

slannm
27-11-2005, 18:35
Please post any comments or suggestions! Thank you!

2nd Gen Slann Mage-Priest @ 585 Pts
Battle Standard
Plaque of Tepok
Diadem of Power
Plaque of Dominion

1 Skink Priest @ 150 Pts
Magic Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

20 Saurus Warriors @ 258 Pts
Standard; Musician

Standard; Musician

20 Saurus Warriors @ 260 Pts
Tlazcotl

10 Skink Skirmishers @ 60 Pts
Javelin; Shield

Blowpipe

Blowpipe

3 Kroxigors @ 174 Pts

2 Salamander Hunting Packs @ 130 Pts

Casting Pool: 9
Dispel Pool: 6
Models in Army: 103

Total Army Cost: 1995

shadowprince
27-11-2005, 21:33
Actually I like this a lot as it eptimizes what I think a Lizardmen army should look like, maby drop 1 sauros unit for another kroxigor unit and sink priest, but overal good

TheDrugLordX
27-11-2005, 22:21
Nice list, though, some suggestions:

1) Your slann is very powerful I must admit, though, beware of cannons and such, as such weaponry fast can cripple his wounds (as he only has a ward save of 4+). You should consider upping this to 2+, though, that indeed takes away some of his magic potential.

2) With 6DD and +1 to dispell I simply think that 2 scrolls are overkill. If you want some extra magic protection, I'd go for the Cube of Darkness + Spawning of the Old Ones on your priest. This will with 75% chance shut down your opponents magic phase for a whole turn, thus making sure your slann can store those 2 DD, making them power dice and unleash hell!

3) Considering as your slann is very vulnerble to small fast units, such as light cav, tunnerlers, skrimishers etc. You'd like to fit him in a unit. I would recommend a unit of Temple Guard as they have the possibility to hold if charged by a totaly overwhelming unit, which saurus will not. This means however that you probably will have to drop 2 of the saurus units.

4) What ya got for warmachines/mages? I think a unit of 4 terradons would do better than the salamanders, also, upping 1-2 of the skink units to scouts means that the'll be able to harass 'en masse!

Good Luck m8;)

slannm
28-11-2005, 00:45
Here is my new list, I plan to switch my Plaque of Dominion for a different one depending on the enemy.

2nd Gen Slann Mage-Priest @ 585 Pts
Battle Standard
Plaque of Tepok
Diadem of Power
Plaque of Dominion

1 Skink Priest @ 140 Pts
Magic Level 2
Cube of Darkness

Standard; Musician

Standard; Musician

20 Saurus Warriors @ 260 Pts
Tlazcotl

12 Skink Skirmishers @ 72 Pts
Javelin; Shield

10 Skink Skirmishers @ 70 Pts
Scouts Blowpipe

10 Skink Skirmishers @ 70 Pts
Scouts Blowpipe

3 Kroxigors @ 174 Pts

3 Terredons @ 105 Pts

Casting Pool: 9
Dispel Pool: 6
Models in Army: 100

Total Army Cost: 1998

Flypaper
28-11-2005, 03:23
Note that the Cube isn't all that hot without the Mark of the Old Ones reroll. :cool:

Don't forget that your Tepok boys have the Slann boosting their US by five (and taking up four models' slots) - you may as well drop them back down to 16.

TheDrugLordX
28-11-2005, 15:48
Note that the Cube isn't all that hot without the Mark of the Old Ones reroll. :cool:
Indeed.

Don't forget that your Tepok boys have the Slann boosting their US by five (and taking up four models' slots) - you may as well drop them back down to 16.
Though keeping them at 20 makes for a nicer unit look! (6 modells wide, 4 modells deep).

MarcoPollo
04-12-2005, 02:10
The mark of the old ones is pretty important on that skink priest. But I think an army like Khorne Beasts will rip you army to shreds. It is not so well balanced. If you plan on staying back and pounding your enemy this list will do just fine.

Your skink scouts will help stop march moves on the flanks, but your center, with lots of slow meaty saurus will be vulnerable to cavalry, and shooting.

That being said, this list really does rip things up in the magic phase. I like your slann configuration alot, but prefer to go 3rd gen with 6 salamanders myself.