PDA

View Full Version : Can a Blood Knight Kastellan have the Gem of Blood?

ArghaBlargh
29-12-2008, 06:00
In the VC rule book it is stated on page 95 that a "Kastellan may be given [sic!] magic weapon worth up to... 25 pts"

Crystal clear, right? Magic weapon.

But on the GW web page where the battlereport "The Fields of Death" is (badly) presented, the list includes a unit of Blood Knights where the Kastellan has a Gem of Blood, a most excellent magic item for him to have.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=cat1300181&pIndex=2&aId=11100010&start=3

So, does GW not know their own rules, or can the Kastellan have the Gem of Blood?

Guanyin
29-12-2008, 10:33
GW is as clueless as you can possibly be. No, he cant have gem of blood. Not according to the rules anyway. Wouldnt mind if they released an errate making him able too, since there aint many weapons that wouls be good on him.

nosferatu1001
29-12-2008, 11:18
In the VC book they also give him the Book of Arkhan

GW often do all the BR and what not while the rules in development; they probably decided that it was too unbalanced to allow any magic item, so restricted it.

SO not, by RAW the Kastellan can only have Magic Weapons.

ArghaBlargh
29-12-2008, 16:33
The Book of Arkhan? But that's even an arcane item! Sigh...

Kalandros
29-12-2008, 19:10
they gave the Cursed Book, not the book of arkhan.

What happened, I think, is that they had that armylist for example and the ruling changed between that army list and the final rules, instant error in their own book~

the usual for a GWShop army book.

nosferatu1001
29-12-2008, 20:13
Ah ok, I remember it was a book and they werent allowed it, curse me for not being bothered to look at it :D

They normally play with the "in progress" ruleset, and forget to notice things like this. Instant error but not a major one!

DeathlessDraich
30-12-2008, 13:05
This problem is probably due to the sequence of playtesting and editing.
During the playtesting stage, the Kastellan probably could have magic items and not just weapons.

Jagosaja
30-12-2008, 13:26
But if he could have any magic item, what would you give him?

I'd too go with the Gem of Blood. Maybe Dispel Scroll :)

Lordmonkey
30-12-2008, 13:33
GW is as clueless as you can possibly be.

Possibly the most accurate statement I have ever seen on Warseer. :D