268pts

Special:
6 Knights of the Inner Circle, Musician, standard, 180pts

5 Pistoliers, Musician, Outrider w. repeater pistol, 114pts

Great Cannon, 100pts

Total: 1497pts
PD: 4 +1 bound
DD: 4

Some things i know will be pointed out. The choice of halberdiers fx. I know they are a lousy choise, but i like the models tons better than the swordsmen and they are the ones i have.
So i have three cavalry units to go on one flank and a few infantry units to hold the rest with a BSB, Wizard and a cannon.
Also thinking about switching the Van Horstmann on the warrior priest for another bound item?
Is it too spread out? What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading

erus04
29-12-2008, 08:39
Hi there... I don't think that your list is too spread out. I do believe that you are not taking full advantage of your magic items and placement of your characters. Two units of state troops need to be able to suck up that initial charge. Here are some recommendations for some changes. although you don't have to use them if you don't want to.

General: Warrior Priest, Icon of magnus, heavy armour w/shield

Captain, Full Plate, Battle standard, rod of command

Battle Wizard lvl2, Dispel Scroll x2

Core:
10 Knightly Orders, Full Command, Warbanner

20 Halberdiers, full command
Det: 10 Free Company
Det: 6 Handgunners

20 Swordsmen, Full Command
Det: 10 Halberdiers
Det: 6 Handgunners

Special:
5 Pistoliers, Musician, Outrider w. repeater pistol: 114pts

Great Cannon: 100pts

Great Cannon: 100pts

By giving your warrior priest the icon of magnus and putting him with the unit of state troops you have just made them immune to fear...meaning that you should be able to hold against undead especially with the warrior priests abilities.

Next, by taking away the magic banner off your BSB you can now give him the rod of command. Meaning that that unit will hold for at least one turn no matter what hits it. Plus if you put both units together you will be able to reroll all your break tests.

I suggest giving you wizard 2 scrolls as if will greatly help given all the magic heavy armies out there and the fact that your army if more anti magic then offensive magic.

By combining the two units of cav into one large unit with the war banner it will now be alot more effective and can take more damage.

And finally with all the points shaved from cutting down the unit sizes and molding the cav you can add in another cannon. Don't have my book on me right now but the points should come out at about the same.

Hope this helps.

Griffonclaw
29-12-2008, 11:46
Hi there,

Hope I can help you out here.
Your list looks pretty decent but as pointed out, your not taking full advantage of your characters.

General: Warrior Priest, Barded Warhorse, Van Horstmanns Speculum, 142pts

This guy is ok, but you will be taking him because;
1. You need a general since a bsb can't be one and the wizard is a lousy choice.
2.You want to throw out that prayer a turn so your wizard can actually cast some spells.
3. To give your unit hatred.

The keyword here is protection. He's in a cavalry unit so you probably won't get characters on your tail because you'll mostly outrun them or hit them first. So I say, away with van horstmann's and take dawn armour, rerollable AS so he'll stick around. Or throw in some unit protective items, or the doomfire ring to put more pressure on in the magic phase.

BSB, Full Plate, Griffon Standard, 138pts

Looks great, but if your opponent doesn't allocate attacks against him in the first round, he'll definetaly (spelling ;p?) will once you reveal that banner he's waving. Cut some points and give him Armour of meteoric item for that juicy save.

Battle Wizard lvl2, Dispel Scroll, Power stone, 145 pts

Basic setup here, it's all personal I guess. I like to use a wizard's staff as it's cheap as hell and gives that extra fling to your spells. The rod of power is a nice item as well. All personal choice here.

Core:
5 Knightly Orders, Full Command, Warbanner, 180pts

Looks good, it's all luck here if they'll actually use something else then rubber lances so - good luck!

25 Halberdiers, Musician, standard.
Det. 9 Free Company
Det. 6 Handgunners
230pts

Looks good, I like halberdiers for modelling reasons too so kudos!
Gamewise, they're not that good as you probably know - but give them shields and they're already better. Also - you MUST give them a sergeant. If he gets to attack - you finally get to use the halberd. He can make a difference or lead other champs and characters away from your characters.

25 Swordsmen, Full Command
Det. 9 Halberdiers
Det. 6 Handgunners
268pts

Good, good!

Special:
6 Knights of the Inner Circle, Musician, standard, 180pts

These look fine.

5 Pistoliers, Musician, Outrider w. repeater pistol, 114pts

I never seem to get the most out of musicians in these sort of units but excellent unit setup.

Great Cannon, 100pts

KABLAM. hehehe.

Total: 1497pts
PD: 4 +1 bound
DD: 4

Hoped I helped a bit here.
I sure hope you make another nice modelling log out of this one :D

Griff.

Makarion
29-12-2008, 12:13
The BSB cannot have magic items if he has a magic banner, so the only way to improve his survivability is to give him a barded warhorse. It's not good, but that's what you get for wanting the Griffon Banner.

Griffonclaw
29-12-2008, 15:20
The BSB cannot have magic items if he has a magic banner, so the only way to improve his survivability is to give him a barded warhorse. It's not good, but that's what you get for wanting the Griffon Banner.

Totally forgot about that one, kudos for pointing that out.