PDA

View Full Version : chariot impact hits

mistermaster
29-12-2008, 09:37
Hi guys.

In a recent tournament iīve been told that if a chariot charges 2 units at the same time it inflicts 1d6 hits to each unit because in pag. 63 of the rulebook says in Spanish "Cuando un carro carga contra una unidad..." or "When a chariot charges to one unit..."

The thing is that the ruleslawyer says that if the chariot charges to one unit causes 1d6, if charges to 2 units 2d6...

How can i convince him itīs not true.

Thanks a lot for your help

narrativium
29-12-2008, 10:33
It would cause 1D6 hits to each unit it impacted with. If that means it impacted against two units, then it caused 1D6 hits each, i.e. a total of 2D6 hits - not 2D6 hits each.

Ask your rules lawyer to add one and one together, and hit him if he says four. Easy.

Condottiere
29-12-2008, 12:01
IIRC the chariot only can only charge one unit.

nosferatu1001
29-12-2008, 16:03
It can only declare against one unit, however can accidentally charge another.

Kalandros
29-12-2008, 19:11
if 2 units are on the same line (for exemple, because they defeated a unit on a turn no one charged, they would both be standing there, being on the same exact battleline) then you may charge them with a single unit and engage both at the same time, just gotta respect the "you have to engage as many models as possible"

Braad
29-12-2008, 21:16
If your opponents has, for example, 2 units next to each other, they are both 5 wide with 25 mm bases, and you have a unit of 6 wide with 25 mm bases and a chariot, and both charge one unit, your big unit has to maximize, and the chariot can clip the second opponent.

Like this:

x = opponent unit x
y = opponent unit y
C = chariot
z = friendly unit

xxxxx yyyyy
xxxxx yyyyy

....cc zzzzzz
....cc zzzzzz

would result in:

xxxxx yyyyy
xxxxx yyyyy
......cczzzzzz
......cczzzzzz

In this case, the chariot impacts 2 units. Each unit sustains 1D6 impact hits (in case of a standard chariot).

Is it me or am I right thinking here that I could do very nasty things with my pump wagon?

Mr.chair
30-12-2008, 03:17
You don't want to know what it makes me think when you put "nasty things" and "pump wagon" in the same sentence.

Condottiere
30-12-2008, 03:48
If your opponents has, for example, 2 units next to each other, they are both 5 wide with 25 mm bases, and you have a unit of 6 wide with 25 mm bases and a chariot, and both charge one unit, your big unit has to maximize, and the chariot can clip the second opponent.

Like this:

x = opponent unit x
y = opponent unit y
C = chariot
z = friendly unit

xxxxx yyyyy
xxxxx yyyyy

....cc zzzzzz
....cc zzzzzz

would result in:

xxxxx yyyyy
xxxxx yyyyy
......cczzzzzz
......cczzzzzz

In this case, the chariot impacts 2 units. Each unit sustains 1D6 impact hits (in case of a standard chariot).

Is it me or am I right thinking here that I could do very nasty things with my pump wagon?How about:

xxxxx yyyyy
xxxxx yyyyy
.......cczzzzz
.......cczzzzz

by which the chariot grazes the second regiment, and by grazes I mean its left base border is in line with the x regiment's right base border.

DeathlessDraich
30-12-2008, 13:01
The rules are slightly incoherent on how this should be resolved:

D6 hits on each unit has rules support from a single word in the Impact hits rules - "a unit"
But the next section - Pursuit Charges for Chariots clarifies this
- "each unit suffers D6" etc

N.B. Sometimes models *not* in btb with chariot will also suffer Impact hits - illogical but those are the rules!

Anton
31-12-2008, 00:18
The important thing to remember here, is that a charge can only be declared against one unit. So the only way to cause impact hits against a second unit is if the chariot somehow clips into it.