PDA

View Full Version : Bear's anger + wight blades

Harwammer
29-12-2008, 13:01
I have a question regarding bear's anger on wight kings:

Can a wight king score a killing blow with his 'bear' hands?

Normal weapons carried by wight kings have magical attacks and killing blow rule. Bear's anger forbids the target from using weapons or a shield.

I suppose integral to the debate is this question "Does the offensive benefit granted by the spell count as a weapon in itself?"

So, how deadly are a wights bare bear hands?

Goruax
29-12-2008, 13:06
No.

Bear's Anger, as you stated yourself, forbids the use of weapons. Only by using weapons does the Wight Blade rule take effect.
Therefore Bear's Anger isn't a weapon.

Necromancy Black
29-12-2008, 23:15
Agreed, with bear's anger they can't use their weapons, therefor they can not benifit from killing blow.

Same with Saurus heroes with Vemon of the Firefly, which makes all mundane weapons count as poisonous and magical attacks. If they're not using a weapon, they don't get the benifit.

Gazak Blacktoof
30-12-2008, 00:59
I suppose integral to the debate is this question "Does the offensive benefit granted by the spell count as a weapon in itself?"

This is probably the only instance where a model doesn't even count as using a hand weapon.

The wording is fairly comprehensive in not allowing for any weapons to be used so there's nothing to benefit from the wight special rule.

Bears can't wield wight blades.

Condottiere
30-12-2008, 03:54
The spell is specific. It's always been implied that "natual" weaponry count as hand weapons.

Cambion Daystar
30-12-2008, 12:26
I'd also says that bears anger would count as a hand weapon. Remember that a "hand weapon" isn't necessarily a weapon, but could also be claws, fangs,...
For example dryad claws, wolf fangs, ...

DeathlessDraich
30-12-2008, 12:38
Bears Anger cast (via Tzeentchian wizard) on a Herald of Khorne - KB would work then.

And that brings up an implication in KB rules - that it seems to be an ability of a model and not a weapon. - The usual mixing up of BRB and army book rules by rules writers.
The VC book writer should have stated that Wight blades are an exception to normal rules - just to be complete.

Cambion Daystar
30-12-2008, 12:40
Bears Anger cast (via Tzeentchian wizard) on a Herald of Khorne - KB would work then.

That just sounds pure evil....
(yes i dislike mixed tzeentch/khorne armies)

popisdead
04-01-2009, 16:35
No. Bears anger grands 3 stat boosts. That is 'all' it grants. You are unarmed when you fight as well.