PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Warriors of Chaos all-rounder.

bluey
29-12-2008, 13:26
Yo.
Some help on this list would be appreciated.
Feel free to make any changes you see fit (magic items, banners, marks, troop choices/numbers- anything) and please choose between the 'OR' options.

Exalted w/ Chaos Runesword, Shield on Barded steed (181)

Lv2 Sorcerer w/ Spell Familiar in a Chariot (235)

15 Warriors w/ Halberds, Shields and Command (285)

15 Warriors w/ Halberds, Shields and Command (285)

20 Marauders w/ Light Armour, Shields and Command (140)

5 Warhounds (30)

5 Warhounds (30)

5 Marauder Horsemen w/ Shields and Throwing Axes (80)

5 Marauder Horsemen w/ Shields and Throwing Axes (80)

5 Knights w/ Lances and Command (275)

10 Chosen w/ Halberds, Shields and Command
OR
3 Dragon Ogres with 2 hand weapons OR Great Weapons
OR
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth

I have about 120-odd points left- What should they be spent on?

Thanks for the help.

Count Demandred
29-12-2008, 13:32
Honestly I'd have thought for 2000 point battles you'd need more than two characters.

The Exalted Champions are fantastic in combat, and the Sorcerers have access to some kick-**** magic, but with just ONE champion and ONE Sorcerer you wont really be dominating either, especially not magic. If you were going for just one Sorcerer he'd probably have to be a scroll caddy (also on a side note I think the Book of Secrets is a must have for a Chaos Sorcerer).

I think the Sorcerer on a Chariot's got to change. No point in tying up your Sorcerer in combat, and that's exactly where you want your Chariot to be thundering into - combat.

And I'd say the Knights wouldn't really need a command at all, as they do enough damage as it is. You'd better off getting rid of the Champion and Standard (unless you want to take a magic banner) and lumping for an extra Knight. Probably could even take out the musician too, I don't see the Knights fleeing (with the Exalted Champion) anytime soon.

Also, 10 Chosen seems a little small to me. I'd try and blast them early, that's a hell of a lot of points there. Probably better off getting normal Warriors, they'd seem slightly more inauspicious.

Though I have to say if you get most of that up close and personal, you should eventually smash down your opponent - 30 strength 5 basic troops.... There's a bit to worry about!

(BTW, being a VC player I have to say mark of Slaanesh is the way to go for your Warriors/Knights. Not too sure about their magic though)

Heckus
30-12-2008, 17:01
The Slaanesh mark is fairly cheap. You could squeeze in several MoS and have a nice themed army. It'd look something like:

Exalted w/ Chaos Runesword, Shield, MoS (170)

Exalted (BSB) w/ Banner of Rage, Barded Steed (186) banner eliminates the need for the MoS

Lv2 Sorcerer w/ Spell Familiar, Dispell Scroll, MoS, Steed of Slaanesh (200) for maneuverability

14 Warriors w/ MoS, Halberds, Shields and Command (278) Exalted on foot goes here

15 Warriors w/ MoS, Halberds, Shields and Command (295)

20 Marauders w/ Light Armour, Shields and Command (140)

5 Warhounds (30)

5 Warhounds (30)

5 Marauder Horsemen w/ MoS, Shields and Throwing Axes (90) can still flee per mark wording.

5 Marauder Horsemen w/ MoS, Spears and Throwing Axes (90) can still flee per mark wording. Also, changed one unit to spears for charge punch

5 Knights w/ Lances (225) BSB goes here. removed Command, the BSB will sub as standard and champion.

Giant w/ MoS for ASF (265)

should be about 1999.

The Mark will help against fear causing units (like undead, Daemons, ogres, trolls, etc) or spells/artillery that make you panic. In fact you won't have to worry about panic at all, pretty much. The Knights won't need the mark as the banner of rage that the BSB carries will render them immune to psychology anyway.

How's that?