PDA

View Full Version : could some one help

ginger gobbo
29-12-2008, 20:40
yo
im not sure if this is the right place for it to go but hey

im not the best fantasy player in the world but i would like an army which i would be able to win a llot of games with. the fantasy army bit does'nt mean that it is the army i am thinking about.

so i was thinking if you guys would be able to help me write a descent tournament wining army lol.

ginger

Mozzamanx
29-12-2008, 20:42
You want a tourney army?

Well, even powergamers have a look at their army. How do you want to crush your opponent? Popemobile/Stanks? Star Dragons? Daemons?

ginger gobbo
29-12-2008, 20:45
to be honest i want it to be an army that will do well against any army not just one tooled up army to kill 1 army

GodlessM
29-12-2008, 20:54
Daemons. Either all Nurgle, all Tzeentch, or Khorne/Tzeentch mix. You only mentioned wanting to win against any army so this is what I suggest, though it won't be much fun.

Makarion
29-12-2008, 20:59
That kind of all-comers, WAAC army isn't so much winning, as making everyone else lose - at least two hours of their life per game. Before too long, people will flat-out refuse to play against you, and where are you then?

ginger gobbo
29-12-2008, 21:03
it'll be fun because im supposedly the worst player in my local area and i want to prove that im not

also my mate is doing an army with a unit of 45 shades all with great weapons a master with bsb making them magic resistance 3 a master with something just literally kicking the living snot out of everything and an asassin as well. this is a unit which is battering every player at fantasy mainly me
which is very depressing

so as you might be able to see i really want to have a hard army so i can do well in store and tournaments

ginger gobbo
29-12-2008, 21:04
birmingham england

Mozzamanx
29-12-2008, 21:13
No offence, but winning with a 'broken' army list will just highlight the player's problems, not dispel them.

Incidentally, I think he meant what would you do without an opponent, rather than where you live.

ginger gobbo
29-12-2008, 21:15
o ok
with out an opponent lots i can paint then lol because everyone asks me for a game because im not that good at playing

Lennart.nevanoja
29-12-2008, 23:15
deamons of chaos or a properly played empire, vc, dark elfs army is good. the problem will not solve because you play an broken army list. You need to know the rules to play effectively! but i doesn't matter if you are the worst in your area, we are in the hobby to have fun right? so you win nothing at WAACing. you like paining? perhaps you should do what you like and don't give a **** what every thinks and dose. The game should be a social thing for two individuals to enjoy not one! considering what army to get get one you like and learn it well and kick *** with it. the beast way to learn how to play is buy playing and there are no shortcuts to that!

fubukii
30-12-2008, 01:10
even using a supposeably broken list like daemons or vc you will still get trampled by someone who knows what they are doing, learn the rules play a army you like then when you get better make effective decisions with your army for example:

Man those stormvermin i have been taking have not been worth the 300 + pts i spend on them i sure wish i had a clanrat block and a slave block instead, and i would sitll have points leftover to add a support unit!

Play games edit your list as you go, eventually you will find something that works

Mr3 shades can be a problem but if you want a army that will beat him every game use dwarves and take thorek, you will kill his whole army by turn 2ish every game, and he will hate you.

Brother J
30-12-2008, 04:53
I've been hearing Daemons, Vampire Counts and Dark Elves are fairing well tourny wise the past bit.

However, just because you get an army that seems godly, it won't make you not the worst player in your gaming group. In fact, if you pull an "indestructible" army out, and don't know how to use them, or general warfare tactics, you'll lose and it'll further highlight it all.

So, I suggest you pick an army you like, and not an army meant for power players. Everything has it's downside, and lists like the Shades Deathstar are only fun to play against every so often, not all the time.

ginger gobbo
30-12-2008, 09:36
i know near enough all the rules so the rules really arent a problem

so the broken armys are vampires daemons or dark elves any others or it that just it

maze ironheart
30-12-2008, 10:31
i know near enough all the rules so the rules really arent a problem

so the broken armys are vampires daemons or dark elves any others or it that just it

Worriors of chaos are very nasty espeacialy with valkarie.

Makarion
30-12-2008, 13:54
Every army has broken lists (although I struggle to think of one for OK to be honest) - some just are easier to accomplish, and some are certainly much easier to actually win with.

For instance, wood elves have some seriously nasty list options, but they require guile and skill, or you'll get hammered every game.

Pick an army you like, flavour-wise, that you enjoy the models of, wouldn't mind painting either, and we'll be happy to help you write a rugged list. But in the end you'll need to live with the face in the mirror, so there's no point in taking overripe cheese.

ginger gobbo
30-12-2008, 15:48
i wouldn't mind an ubber cheese army

so has anyone got an army that would work

Godswildcard
30-12-2008, 18:00
Well, ubber cheese would be the Settra/Tomb Prince/TONS of chariots of doom list from the tomb kings.

The High Elves Elite Cav list works well (D.Princes, Silver Helms, Swordmasters supported by archers and a Prince on Star Dragon) also works well.

Hell, just pick out something that you think looks pretty (for me, it was Tomb Kings and warriors of Chaos) and then just take it from there. EVERY army has a cheese list. When I played Empire back in the day, I ran a Knight army supported by cannons. Very nasty. Just find an army YOU want to play, buy some stuff, then tell everyone what you bought and people on the forums will tell you how to play it to be disgusting. Thats how I started winning with Tomb Kings. Warseer is a great place to learn neat little tricks about any army.

ginger gobbo
30-12-2008, 18:40
kk
well i have choosen the armys which i like athe look of: skaven, high elves and tomb kings

Makarion
30-12-2008, 19:58
High Elves are probably the simplest to cheese out.

Teclis
mage, level 1, dispel scroll *2
dragonmage, level 2, guardian phoenix

10 archers
10 archers

14 swordmasters (7*2 formation)
14 phoenix guard, full command (with Teclis, 5*3 formation)
5 dragon princes, FC, banner of sorcery

2 eagles
2 RBT

Since I don't have the HE book, I am not sure how many points that actually is, but it looks like it should be under 2k. I am sure that proper HE players can improve or expand upon it.