PDA

View Full Version : Necromunda plastics - alternative uses

Griefbringer
27-11-2005, 21:51
I was going through my bits box today and noticed that I have not yet done anything to the 24 plastic models that came with the Necromunda boxed set I got a year or two ago. So I sat down and started thinking what else they could be used for (other than Necromunda):

Orlocks:

1.) WH40K Imperial guard: with the addition of some left over parts from the plastic guardsmen to add some variety, these should make for a decent squad of guardsmen. Should mix fine with Catachans.

2.) WH40K Chaos cultists or Genestealer cult brood brothers: just give them a suitable paint job and there you are.

Goliaths:

3.) Blood Bowl: just cut of the weapons and you have a bunch of rather nasty looking team members - though making a whole gang out of these might be getting a bit boring, since you only have one arm to pose. Might be better to mix them with somethign for variety.

4.) WHFB Chaos marauders: snip of the guns and give these guys big axes, shields and square bases and they will make a fine addition to any marauder unit.

5.) WH40K servitors: just give them some bits to give a more cybernetic feeling. In a similar vein, they could also be used for warrior henchmen for inquisitors.

6.) WH40K guardsmen: perhaps presenting a bunch of warriors from a rather feral world. If they were any bigger they could almost pass for Ogryns.

7.) WH40K chaos cultists: most likely Khornates. Or mix in strange bits to make them into a band of mutants.

8.) WH40K ork wannabes: just paint them green, tell them that they are humies that want to be orks, and play them as they were orks (yes, there used to be entry for such wanna-be ork humie mercenaries in the RT-era ork books).

Anybody got more ideas? Personally I am currently converting my Orlocks to make them bolster up the ranks of my Catachans with one squad.

TWB
27-11-2005, 21:57
The orlocks could be extremely useful as LatD traitors. Actually, the Goliaths would make a good basis for some muties.

I wish I had a bucket full of those guys . . . . :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries:

*prays hard for GW to bring them back out . . . *

Grimlaw
28-11-2005, 02:16
Mine serve in my Genestealer Cult army.

boogle
28-11-2005, 02:35
the Goliaths are good for filling you Bin up, and nothing more, they are one of the worst Plastic sculpts that GW have ever done

Griefbringer
28-11-2005, 08:52
I wish I had a bucket full of those guys . . . . :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries:

*prays hard for GW to bring them back out . . . *

Nostalgy aside, I do not really think there would be any need to bring these back. Though it is a pity they keep binning some of the old metal ones.

Now, a proper multi-part plastic Necromunda ganger set would be really neat (and 40K IG players would be probably be buying boatloads of it), but I very much doubt we will ever see that.

Jo Bennett
28-11-2005, 09:10
goliaths are surely more like slaaneshi cultists than khornate ones.

Tyra_Nid
28-11-2005, 09:35
yep, I bought some orlocks for use in my planned GS cult, but im not sure where theyve got to.

geoffkemp
28-11-2005, 10:28
What about Gang miltia from the Armagedon codex for the Armageddon PDF alternative list :P

Serpent
28-11-2005, 12:03
I've cut off the old Goliath shotguns for use on my Jamaican Veterans. About as much good use as it could be...

Serpent

Griefbringer
28-11-2005, 12:43
Hey, I also found that I have three of the old metal Orlock juves - nice figs, got to think some use for them. And I also have an Escher heavy stubber and one of the bounty hunters (really armed to teeth with guns).

PetrusRegulus
28-11-2005, 19:42
I actually have used the plastic Orlocks as "living cover" for my Necromundan IG army based on Catachans since 2nd ed. That's no. 1.

And I plan to use my Goliath plastics as servitors. No. 5 down.

I also have used both types for my pit slave gang.

Barbarossa
29-11-2005, 09:40
Well here (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/StBarbarossa/Ordo%20Malleus/KampfservitorI.jpg) and here (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/StBarbarossa/Ordo%20Malleus/KampfservitorII.jpg) is the servitor.
Other than that, I use all my various 80+ gangers as Zealots in my WH army. Local gangs stirred up and led by gifted preachers.

Grimlaw
29-11-2005, 09:48
the Goliaths are good for filling you Bin up, and nothing more, they are one of the worst Plastic sculpts that GW have ever done

Well, if you are willing to sell them at a reasonable price, feel free to PM me.

Granted, they aren't great miniatures, but they are certainly good enough to do their job.

Griefbringer
30-11-2005, 11:46
Barbarossa, nice idea for a servitor conversion - what bits were used?

As for my Orlocks, they will end up enlisted to IG all, though I am still undecided on what to do with the Goliaths (perhaps I should take into Blood Bowl just for to convert them into BB team)?

Of course, there is always the final option:

9.) Sell them away on ebay as overpriced "Ultra-rare Special Edition OOP Collector Warhammer Citadel GW Miniatures CHECK HERE!!!!!" - and if there is any paint on them, remember to list them as "pro-painted".

Grimlaw
01-12-2005, 10:10
Isn't that embarrasing.

Miniatures listed as Pro-Painted, and they haven't even been shaded or given highlights.

What reality are these people from?

Griefbringer
01-12-2005, 10:52
What reality are these people from?

Perhaps they have watched too many advertisements in TV (you know, the ones where everything is the best, cheapest, coolest, neatest, most superlative etc.)?

d4m0s4n
01-12-2005, 11:26
There are several 40k lists which use "unorganized rabble" as an entry. I find that the Necromunda plastics are great for this.

Sai-Lauren
01-12-2005, 13:47
goliaths are surely more like slaaneshi cultists than khornate ones.
That's what I'm going to use some as - Slaaneshi LaTD. Couldn't really thing of anything else for them.

Orlocks are the main part of a hive recruited guard army I'm slowly working on - along with some Van Saars and Delaques.

TheOTHERmaninblack
06-12-2005, 01:34
The mess of Goliaths I got hold of mostly went into my LoTD army. Pop off the static looking arm and replace with a mutant sprue arm and instant mutie. My orlocks do pinch duty in my I.G. as conscripts, my LoTD as traitor guard, and my Genestealer cult as brood brothers (the last two beside the goliaths). I also occasionally use them in Necromunda. My Delaque gangers got repaints and are now my armored fist squad. The juvie holding the knife and pointing the autopistol at arm's length got a greenstuffed "2nd lieutenant" mustache and he's now the sergeant. Oddly, my actual orlock gang is mostly catachans and void militia minis.