PDA

View Full Version : ideas new lizarmen

Lotl Botl
30-12-2008, 05:28
well while we dont know everything yet about the new army we can make some speculations and come up with ideas for the army we are planning on creating and playing which is always fun
so becuase my old list is kinda obsolete now no jsod or krox charging through skinks
so here my plan for my new army

Old-blood: carnosaur, and probably the scimitar + maiming shield combo (thinnking i i have the multiple high strength attacks from the carno so just add a bunch of attacks to allow him to handle larger units)

skink chief with war-lance (mounted on ancinet steg)
2 magic defense oriented priests
(depend on point and whether the diadiam is the same)

3x 21(7x3) saurus: spears, full command

3 terradons: brave (challenging wizard in a unit)
5 chameleon skinks: sorr i love these guys so underated (also i cant do any other form of scouts so)

3 barbed razordons
1 Ancinet Steg

well this should leave me with a few poinnts left, not sure where they should go do think the list needs more punch or should the OB/Carno and the C/AS do enough

SabaLoth
30-12-2008, 06:51
i would change the saurus blocks to 3*20 or 3*15. static resolution helps, a lot

i think i would invest the spare points in 2*50 pnt skink RnF units. They will be 10 men strong and ideal for flanking. Or as a poor man's warhound unit, which will give your saurus a possibility to charge.

Nicha11
30-12-2008, 07:28
I personnaly plan to run my spear Saurus at 7x3 this should generate and obscene amount of attacks!.

Lotl Botl
31-12-2008, 03:33
MMMM...29 attacks
thats a good idea ill probably have the points for that three 7x3 saurus units with spears

Chiungalla
31-12-2008, 06:36
I would drop the skink chief for a regular stegadon and a Saurus BSB.
With that many saurus blocks and 2 stegadons, you will love to reroll break tests.

Especially since no one will take a charge from a ancient stegadon with a chief on top. ;-)

Airmaniac
31-12-2008, 09:37
I was think about a magic heavy army myself. Something a long the lines of this:

LORD
Slann Mage Priest (joins the Temple Guard)

HERO
Skink Priest on Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the Gods

CORE
Saurus Warrior Block
Saurus Warrior Block
Saurus Warrior Block

SPECIAL
Temple Guard Block

Mullitron
31-12-2008, 11:41
Got to get the new temple guard, they just look soo cool!

inq.serge
31-12-2008, 11:52
LORD
Slann Mage Priest (joins the Temple Guard)

HERO

3k or 2k? Slann takes 1 slot, skink on EOTG takes 2 hero slots. That's a total of 5 slots for your example.

I myself as thinking of 1 slann, 1 skink priest on terradon, 1 skink priest with steg war lance on an EOTG (Tank unit #1), 2 blocks of sauruses, 1 swarm, maybe 1 sallie, and a lot of skinks (50-70).

(And 1 additional slann (maybe kroak) or a SoS*, and a priest with cloak of feathers)

* Sword of Sotek: Oldblood on Carnie with sun-sword and maiming shield and a lot off attacks.

Airmaniac
31-12-2008, 14:27
Hmm, too bad. Somehow I thought it was max 1 lord, max 4 heroes, max 5 characters. Shows me for playing too much 40k instead of fantasy.

That's a shame though, I really would've liked to play an army like that, with a lot of magic. Especially since our Slann Mage Priests will become a lot less dominant than they have been.

inq.serge
31-12-2008, 15:05
Slann are still dominant. Some heroes with powerstones and a slann with a powerstone or 2 (Or enough to be able to still have the miscast reflector) and 1 EotG, and use the +3 to heavens, and you can cast a storm of comets and lightning strikes.

I still like my skinks. I'd love an all skink army, but the rest of lizardmen units are awesome.

Warriors of Chaos: Too little range, Dwarves: Too slow, Orcs and gobbos: too disorganized, High elves: too weak, Lizardmen: too awesome.

Staurikosaurus
01-01-2009, 05:36
I think you guys will like Tetto'Eko. He's like a Slann's mini-me

Lotl Botl
01-01-2009, 18:28
chuingalla good point but im confused how i'd get the points for that?

Chiungalla
01-01-2009, 20:44
I would make one or two of those saurus warrior units smaler, to get those points. Or drop one for some skink skirmishers to shield your units.

And maybe you even get the points for an additional terradon and an additional chameleon skink.

Lotl Botl
02-01-2009, 15:12
aight so depending on the cost of AS here's the new list
Old-Blood: light armor, Scimitar of the Sun, Maiming Shield, some protection item, and a Carnosaur
*Scar-Vetren: light armor, Battle Standard Bearer
2 magic Defense skink priest: dispel scrolls, diadem etc.

*20 Saurus (7x3 with SC): Spears, Full Command
2x 12 Saurus: Spears, Full Command

Stegadonn
3 Terradons: Brave
5 Chameleon Skinks

Ancient Stegadon
3 Barbed Razordons

THis wil take up all my points so what do u think better than the first

inq.serge
02-01-2009, 15:58
I think the banner of making enemy wizards stupid is a good banner. War drums seem to be good, especially on one of the skink priests.

Lotl Botl
04-01-2009, 05:03
hmm so after finding out saurus are a little more expensive than i thought they were im modifying the list by necesity
Old-Blood: light armor, Maiming Shield, Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent, Carnosaur:
*Scar-Veteran: Battle Standard Bearer, light armor:
Priest: Lv. 2, Diadem of Power, Dispel Scroll:
Priest: Staff of Sorcery:

*20 Saurus: Spears, Full Command:
12 Saurus: Spears, Full Command:
10 Skinks:
10 Skinks: 1 Kroxigor:

Stegadon:
5 Chameleon Skinks:
3 Terradons: Brave:

Ancient Stegadon:
3 Barbed Razordons:

Protect one flank with razordons and some march blocking chamo
hammer other flank with dino's
Hunt war machines lone wizards with Terradons
than have two saurus blocks hold the center
Um im not sure how the single krox unit will work but i'm thinking as using it almost as a detachment for the big saurus unit: basically a fast unit that causes fear and can negate rank bonuses for my opponent that also has a little range (poison javelins) and a little punch (3 str 6 attacks)