PDA

View Full Version : Cold One Knights

adreal
27-11-2005, 23:17
Ok here is my idea, instead of using the actual cold ones (the models don't fit into my army fluff) i take the Empire steed body and put a silver helm horse head on it, then place the COK riders on that. i'de use all the same rules (ie the movement and stupidity), i'de just be useing a different model.

How would you feel playing against that? I'de explain of coarse, but would you look down you're nose at me and walk away in disgust, would you say 'neat idea' then hit me with a frying pan, or would you shrug and play the game?

Griefbringer
27-11-2005, 23:30
I wouldn't mind - actually it would remind me of back in the 3rd edition, when the dark elves could have heavy cavalry mounted also on horses.

SlaaneshSlave
28-11-2005, 01:46
I love this stuff.

Only rule is it should be very clear to your opponent what they are fighting. I use harpie models for furies in my slaaneshy demon legion army. I don't take them in my SoC Cult of Slaanesh army. Demon Legion army only has 1 flyer choice; but using DE models as demons in a DE army can be confusing.

So... There is no horse cav choice in a DE army. Take them as Cold Ones. Who could complain?

Trunks
28-11-2005, 03:47
There is a horse cav choice in the DE army, they are called Dark Riders :)

I personally don't like Cold Ones knights conceptually or aesthetically anyway these days (agile thin fast people stuck on slow fat dumbass creatures), so I'd have no problem with you using knights on horseback. I would much rather Dark Elves drop the dumb cold ones and have horses myself. I don't even care that it get things closer to the "Dark Elves and High Elves are the same" thing.

SlaaneshSlave
28-11-2005, 04:08
Good point. Don't know how I forgot Dark Riders...

As long as its clear what's a Dark Rider & what's a Cold One Knight all is good. And it should be very clear; not some "they have purple cloaks & they have dark blue cloaks."

adreal
28-11-2005, 05:00
Oh no it wont be like that at all, dark rider models will be dark rider models (mayby with the wood elf horse) and the 'cold one knights' will be the barded horse with the actual knight models....so I'll have like 10 left over dinos...hmm ebay here I come

Gorbad Ironclaw
28-11-2005, 07:14
Should be fine. They wouldn't be at all similar to Dark Riders, and as long as it's not confusing I can't see why anyone would complain.

That aside I agree with Trunks, keep those cold ones away from me. Big, slow, dumb lizards, no thanks.

Kerill
28-11-2005, 07:19
Would be cool but remember cold ones cause fear so you will need to convert them to look particularly spiky and nasty to convey that.

And maybe add some lolling tongues to the horses to represent their stupidity :p

Griefbringer
28-11-2005, 10:35
For inspiration, take a look at the old Marauder heavy dark elf cavalry:

http://www.solegends.com/marauder/mm71darkelfcavalry.htm

adreal
28-11-2005, 10:46
Thanks for the link griefbringer, atleast it shows pressident