PDA

View Full Version : Two questions from last battle

stashman
30-12-2008, 22:03
We play DE and O&G vs. Dwarf.

There is some things I need to get clarified.

1. A giant stuffed Thorek (special character) in a bag* :D and it state that he is counted as a casualty but you don't get victory points. The giant died by the anvil guards and then it says that the "stuffed man" is unharmed at the end of the battle. Is that the end of the whole battle or just that turn? And while Thorek is in the bag, do the dwarf player get the benefits from anvil and dispel dice from Thorek? I guess not, but I ask.

2. Moriati was forced to charge the dwarf lord general. The dwarf lord general was on shieldbearers and is US3. Can I still Killing Blow him? I guess not, but I ask.

3. When a dwarf lord general is in a unit of Hammerers, the become Stubborn, but at what Leadership, 9 or 10?

4. A charoit was charge by a gyrocopter and it was fleeing. We rolled the dice for distance and rolled 9, the gyrocopter run down the chariot and move it's full move 20". The question is when the chariot flees, do it get a chance to "really" move it's 9" and maybe get in touch with an enemy unit and if its bellow 5 US still gets a chance to do Impact hits, or do you just take away the chariot becuse it was run down, and it won't even get to move any inch.

Thanks for all answers.

* The dwarf player wasn't that amused when Thorek was stuffed into the bag in turn 3 :evilgrin:

theunwantedbeing
30-12-2008, 22:12
1. No VP awarded if the giant dies. Its in the rules for stuff into bag for giants.

2. Only us1 and 2 can be killing blowed. A dwarf standing on a sheild helld aloft by 2 dwarves becomes immune to killing blow (normally killing blow anyway...a few things can still killing blow him as they have special rules that allow it).

3. The Hammerers are stubborn, not the lord. So they are stubborn on their own leadership. (unless the rule is the dwarf lord becomes stubborn when joined by hammerers, in which case you get to use his leadership as the stubborn one).

4. When a unit flee's they move their flee distance before the hargers are moved. Then the charger is moved and if their charge move catches the fleeing enemy, then they move their full charge distance. Fliers must move their full 20" anway, even if the charge is failed.
A fleeing chariot does no impact hits to the unit that catches it, it only causes impact hits to units it flee's though.(freind and foe)

PeG
30-12-2008, 22:41
Thorek in a bag :D

As loing as he is in there he cant do anything and does not generate any dice. He is dead for all purposes except for victory points.

Anton
31-12-2008, 00:08
Serves him right. :p

stripsteak
31-12-2008, 00:37
3. When a dwarf lord general is in a unit of Hammerers, the become Stubborn, but at what Leadership, 9 or 10?

he doesn't get stubborn, so he is affected by the CR modifiers. but the unit uses the highest available leadership...so in the case of hammerers they will always do breaktests on a 9, since the best they can lose by is 1 and that would bring the lords Ld down to 9 for the test anyway. in the situation where the lossi s by more then 1, they use their unmodifed Ld of 9 since it will be higher then the lords. see the characters and psychology section on pg 78 of the BRB.

4. A charoit was charge by a gyrocopter and it was fleeing. We rolled the dice for distance and rolled 9, the gyrocopter run down the chariot and move it's full move 20". The question is when the chariot flees, do it get a chance to "really" move it's 9" and maybe get in touch with an enemy unit and if its bellow 5 US still gets a chance to do Impact hits, or do you just take away the chariot becuse it was run down, and it won't even get to move any inch.

the chariot would first move the distance rolled and resolve any effects of that. then if it would be caught by the copter it is removed. the only time a unit is not moved the distance rolled is on pursuit checks.

stashman
31-12-2008, 01:17
Thanks alot

TheDarkDaff
31-12-2008, 03:47
Just so you know you can "loose" by 0 (the roll off or Musicain test if you are drawn) but it is very rare.

The Flee thing is entirely correct unless you are breaking from combat in which case it is a straight die roll comparison and if the pursuers roll higher they kill the fleeing enemy where they stand.

stripsteak
31-12-2008, 04:01
Just so you know you can "loose" by 0 (the roll off or Musicain test if you are drawn) but it is very rare.

what? If you draw you draw and no one has to do any break test the combat just continues next combat phase. if you draw and one person has a musician, and the other does not, they win by 1.

Goruax
31-12-2008, 04:03
@TheDarkDaff;
If you're referring to one unit havaing a musician, then that unit wins the combat by 1. There isn't a 'lose by 0'.
If both units have a musician, the combat is entirely a draw and neither side takes a break test. There is no roll-off.

WLBjork
31-12-2008, 08:44
3. Hammerers are always stubborn in the new book.

They will test on the Lord's Leadership if he has 1 specific Master Rune (which is pretty pointless IMO as it uses most of his points allowance.)

Neckutter
31-12-2008, 09:57
the unwantedbeing is correct on all his answers except the chariot running down thing. the chariot WILL do impact hits on units, and then be caught dead.

stubborn works ONLY on their own leadership. for example lizardman temple guard are stubborn LD8 when the slann joins them. lets say they lose by 3, they test on an unmodified leadership 8, OR they could choose to test on the slann's effective leadership of 6.

sigvald gets around this, because he is leadership 10 AND stubborn. so when his unit loses, they get to use his leadership, which is ALWAYs 10

Kalandros
31-12-2008, 16:22
4. When a unit flee's they move their flee distance before the hargers are moved. Then the charger is moved and if their charge move catches the fleeing enemy, then they move their full charge distance. Fliers must move their full 20" anway, even if the charge is failed.
A fleeing chariot does no impact hits to the unit that catches it, it only causes impact hits to units it flee's though.(freind and foe)

True, if the unit catches it when pursuing, but just remember if it is destroyed by going into a US5+ enemy unit, it does impact and is then removed (pg64)

Chicago Slim
31-12-2008, 17:33
One more clarification on how musicians work: if the combat resolution is a tie, then musicians add one to their side's CR. So, musicians only come into play on CR if the combat is a draw (before considering musicians). If both sides have a musician, then each side gets a point, and it's back to being a draw.

Each side may count at most one musician per combat.

So, under 7th ed rules, it is NOT possible to "lose by zero", since musicians currently ADD a point of combat resolution (but only in the case of a draw). This IS different from how musicians worked under 6th ed, but really, it's been what? 3 years since 6th ed?

theunwantedbeing
31-12-2008, 19:22
Ah..I misread the chariot question.
The chariot does impact hits to anything it runs into, freind or foe while fleeing. But it'll be destroyed if it runs into something us5+, bt still does the impact hits of course.

*grumbles about losing 3 whole units to my own chariot after it fled...*

Neckutter
31-12-2008, 20:24
many a time my tzeentch chariots have fled through my chaos warriors in my old HoC army. luckily they didnt lose many models to chaos chariots, as warriors are quite hardy. its was always funny when your tzeentch lord who rerolls to hit, to wound, and all saves with a greatweapon would pwn units by himself. im kinda sad that spell is gone. :P