PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 2000pts, something a little different

Nicha11
31-12-2008, 00:28
I've been experimenting with multiple lists and this is the result, I'm going for magic domination.

Characters

Slann, Second Gen, Plaque of Protection, Plaque of Tepok, Bane Head, BSB
565pts

Skink Priest, lv2, Diadem
135pts

Scar Vet, Itzl, Quetzel, Cold One, lt armour, Enchanted Shield, Burning Blade
160pts

Core

10 skinks
60pts

10 skinks
60pts

10 skinks
60pts

10 skinks
60pts

10 skinks
60pts

Special

5 Saurus Cavalry, Full command, Sun Standard
265pts

5 Chameleon Skinks

Rare

3 Salamanders
195pts

4 Leadbelchers Full Command
240pts

Overall total 1995pts

It's a close range shooting lists with two units that pack a big cc punch, and is very powerful in magic.

As always any tips hints and suggestions are much appreciated.

Dark14
31-12-2008, 07:29
Fail wait for the new book skinks dont scout and ogres in lizzies.... no saurus come on...

Nicha11
31-12-2008, 07:45
Fail wait for the new book skinks dont scout and ogres in lizzies.... no saurus come on...

:wtf:

Um this is a current list with the current book, numbskull:rolleyes:

Really if you don't have anything useful to do don't do anything at all.

Perhaps I should sig you and put "Worst Post Ever" as your heading.

Nicha11
31-12-2008, 16:18
So any advice??

Lotl Botl
31-12-2008, 16:57
first of all i like the leadbelcher addition that would be a nice surprise for anyone, seeing u put those puppies on the board
also now for a sugestion u may have already considered this but if not i'd get the huanci totem for the cav instead of the sun standard, its really good
final statement scew dwarven armour are liz can get -1+ AS :p

Minus67
01-01-2009, 01:47
boring list with no imagination. Why bother, stores will be getting their promo copies in two weeks.

BattleofLund
01-01-2009, 02:08
The Sun-thing: I feel it's a bit expensive and redundant. You will be throwing out a lot of hurt, and eliminating things that can shoot your Saurus Cav should be high on your list. Also, the banner doesn't help against magic.

The Skink Spam: aggravation for your opponent and quite possibly boredom for you. Don't like.

Leadbelchers as combined shooters and close combat unit: a nice idea. I like it, but not entirely sure they are good fighters really.

Sidorio
01-01-2009, 05:31
boring list with no imagination. Why bother, stores will be getting their promo copies in two weeks.

if your going to be rude, don't post, if you having something positive to say about his list then do so... otherwise shut you yap.

the list looks okay, i like the ogres.

bored1
01-01-2009, 17:48
2nd gen slann takes a rare slot. sallies take a rare slot. Don't the leadbelchers take up a rare slot as well?

Also, why would you ever bring leadbelchers when sallies are better in almost every way?

if your going to be rude, don't post, if you having something positive to say about his list then do so... otherwise shut you yap.

Um, he posted asking for opinions. Only positive opinions are allowed? The list is moderately terrible, and illegal if I'm right on top of that.

Lotl Botl
01-01-2009, 19:05
umm really...i agree it's a relatively unimaginative list but seriously there is absolutley no reason to be tools and there is a difference between critizism (or negative comments) which can actually be constructive and being a snob
sorry i'm just tired of seeing this time and time again on warseer
Now back on topic :p
i'd say u could drop 1 skink units becuase u dont really have anything for all those units to screen also becuase ur probably losing the lead-belchers because of the 2nd gen slann you will have enough points for some krox, but in general i'd probably put off buying this army becuase it will most likely be unplayable after the new army book comes out

Nicha11
01-01-2009, 22:43
Thanks to all the people who posted helpful criticism, and yes the list is illegal:cries:

Oh well;)

It's okay to post negatively and say "the list is boring" or some such, but please give a reason why.

That way i can edit my lists to make them fun for both players.

bored1
02-01-2009, 23:49
most effective armies are "boring". Why? Because most effective armies find a few good things and repeat as often as possible.

My problem with your list (beyond legality) is it just isn't that great. I don't think you'll win too many games against competent generals fielding good armies.