PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh + Tzeentch.

Kalandros
03-01-2009, 03:58
So I was wondering how such a list would fare, mainly against Nurgle + Thirster lists. Any changes I should do to the list?

[635] Keeper of Secrets - Army General, Level 3 Wizard, Temptator, Siren Song, Soul Hunger
[090] The Masque of Slaanesh
[165] Herald of Tzeentch - Master of Sorcery, Spell Breaker
[240] Herald of Slaanesh on Steed of Slaanesh - Army Standard Bearer: Great Icon of Despair, Allure of Slaanesh

[318] 24 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch - Musician, Iridescent Horror, Standard Bearer
[150] 12 Daemonettes
[150] 12 Daemonettes

[163] 5 Seekers of Slaanesh - Musician, Standard Bearer: Siren Standard, Alluress

[165] 2 Fiends of Slaanesh
[165] 2 Fiends of Slaanesh

*2241 Points
***61 Models
****6 Deployments
***10 Power
****7 Dispel + 1 Scroll

Kipper + LD Bomb combo has a pretty decent chance of killing a Thirster among other possibilities.

Fiends are prty much flank & warmachine hunters
Seekers combo with the Siren Standard to force something to stay put!

Enough fires from the Horrors and Herald to reduce Plaguebearers down.

Just not sure what to drop if I have to reduce to 2000 for tournaments O:

==Me==
03-01-2009, 04:50
You could put the Icon of Despair on a flying Herald of Tzeentch or drop the Horrors down to a smaller unit. The best way to get rid of PBs is to hit them from the flanks and rear so the Herald can't do anything and you'll beat them by combat res. Flamers will annihilate them at range too.

How about the Kipper (level 4, Siren Song, Allure), Masque, flying BSB, 2x 10 Horrors, 10 Daemonettes with the Banner of Ecstasy (anvil unit), Screamers/Seekers, and load up on Flamers. Whatever doesn't get Terror'd away will have to deal with flamers and the Kipper.

Kalandros
03-01-2009, 14:26
Hmm, going by your suggestions I came up with

2250 Points -

[530] Keeper of Secrets - Army General, Level 1 Wizard, Allure of Slaanesh, Siren Song, Torment Blade, Soul Hunger
[240] Herald of Tzeentch on Disc of Tzeentch - Army Standard Bearer: Great Icon of Despair, Spell Breaker
[165] Herald of Slaanesh on Steed of Slaanesh - Allure of Slaanesh, Siren Song

[270] 20 Daemonettes of Slaanesh - Musician, Standard Bearer, Alluress
[144] 12 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch
[144] 12 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch

[175] 5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

[175] 5 Flamers of Tzeentch
[140] 4 Flamers of Tzeentch

2248 Points
---67 Models
----7 Deployments
----8 Power
----7 Dispel + 1 Spell Breaker

~

2000 Points

[530] Keeper of Secrets - Army General, Level 1 Wizard, Allure of Slaanesh, Siren Song, Torment Blade, Soul Hunger
[240] Herald of Tzeentch on Disc of Tzeentch - Army Standard Bearer: Great Icon of Despair, Spell Breaker
[165] Herald of Slaanesh on Steed of Slaanesh - Allure of Slaanesh, Siren Song

[318] 24 Daemonettes of Slaanesh - Musician, Standard Bearer, Alluress
[120] 10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch
[120] 10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch
[060] 5 Chaos Furies

1993 Points
---62 Models
----6 Deployments
----8 Power
----7 Dispel + 1 Spell Breaker

Calious
03-01-2009, 14:50
I'd personally feel much stronger fielding the revised lists...

==Me==
03-01-2009, 15:18
Why put Flesh Hounds in? That ruins your theme.

I'd drop the hounds and bring your Kipper back to level 4. With the points leftover, get some Furies, give your Slaaneshi Herald an Etherblade and stick her with some Seekers. The Etherblade helps a lot against tougher troops while Seekers with the Siren Standard are amazing as always. If you have the points, some Screamers or magic for your Slaanesh Herald would also be nice.

thrawn
03-01-2009, 15:19
the revised list looks good. i'd try to take at least one solid unit of plaguebearers though. they are really tough in combat, especially with herald, and can form a bit of an anchor for your army.

try to boost the keepers magic abilities. if you take the masque, and icon of despair (i also take it) combined with slaanesh magic your opponent will start crying as you basically take control of his army. not to mention they'll fail alot of terror/fear tests and break test. you have the potential to make one unit -5 leadership! throw the keeper at them and watch even a dwarf lord run away!

Kalandros
03-01-2009, 16:41
Plaguebearers are the most boring unit in the game with a Herald, the models are boring and I've no plan on ever taking them.

Khorne Dogs are a great unit but it does somewhat break my theme o:
I'll think about it.. problem being - I can't find any Seekers of Slaanesh models anywhere.

thrawn
03-01-2009, 18:44
if your looking for seekers try these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_uqMhTfmTI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htAHVzKFczA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CjRBLZxI10&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXmlZwX5xas&feature=related

you can't use them at tournaments because GW won't let you use non GW models but they are better then GW models IMHO and you can use them anywhere else.

Kalandros
03-01-2009, 20:08
Those creatures are awful and the riders don't really match GWShop style so they'd just look out of place ;x and yeah, I participate in a lot of GWShop tournaments so... no outsiders for me!

Going to try the Glade Rider option I guess!

Returning to a pure Slaanesh/Tzeentch theme.. I could have the following at 2000 pts.

[565] Keeper of Secrets - Army General, Level 2 Wizard, Allure of Slaanesh, Siren Song, Torment Blade, Soul Hunger
[165] Herald of Slaanesh on Steed of Slaanesh - Etherblade

[270] 20 Daemonettes of Slaanesh - Musician, Standard Bearer, Alluress
[132] 11 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch
[132] 11 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch

[175] 5 Seekers of Slaanesh - Alluress, Standard Bearer: Siren Standard, Musician

[055] 1 Fiend of Slaanesh

As for 2250 Points I could add another unit of Seekers, add a Fiend and a Flamer... yeah I could work something out.

Using the 5 Seekers with the Etherblade Herald of Slaanesh and if needed bring in the Fiend of Slaanesh for a few extra kills.

Should be solid!