PDA

View Full Version : 2k First Empire List - Suggestions

b4d0m3n
03-01-2009, 08:51
Okay, this is my first Empire list. I've tried to keep it primarily a fluffy force, selecting mainly things I like rather than based on their performance. As for how this worked? I don't know. Which is why I need your help. What think you? What should I add to fill in the 19 pts left over. What should I get rid of?

Master Engineer on Mechanical Steed
Hochland Long Rifle
110pts

Wizard
Lvl2
2 x Dispel Scrolls
150 pts

Wizard
Lvl2
Rod of Power
Ring of Volans
150 pts

8 x Knights with Lances and Full Command - 224 pts
Banner of Valour - 30 pts

8 x Knights with Great Weapons and Full Command - 224 pts
Steel Standard - 20 pts

20 x Free Company + Command
5 x Handgunners
5 x Handgunners
200pts

20 x Free Company + Command
5 x Handgunners
5 x Handgunners
200pts

20 x Halberdiers + Command
5 x Handgunners
5 x Handgunners
200pts

5 x Outriders
Musician
Champion with Grenade Blunderbuss
129 pts

5 x Outriders
Musician
Champion with Grenade Blunderbuss
129 pts

Great Cannon 100 pts

Rocket Battery 115pts

Total: 1981

The Farmer
03-01-2009, 10:30
Free company can't take detachments. Onto the list you're a brave one for taking a robo horse, but you're highest leadership is seven, which is lower than a wizard lord's thus the first problem you'll encounter is panic + psychology.

Infantry blocks should at least be 25.

Knight units of 8 aren't used unless you want two as a meat shield.

If you do take the robo horse the engineer should take a move and shoot weapon not a move or shoot weapon.

Grenade launchers aren't the best option due to range restrictions and very few shots and were probably in the book because of "I'd take strength 4 any day man".

Great weapon knights should be inner circled if possible, though lance is generally more useful anyway.

But if you do keep this list 19 pts should be used to bulk out infantry, remove shooting detachments from free company and either form a parent unit of handgunners or use the points in investing combat detachments for your infantry. Somehow find a way of fitting an empire general in, even if you are going for an engineer theme an empire general is weak enough to be a scholar of sorts. Oh and pigeon bombs are the best on engineers, use to snipe characters + warmachines on hills.

b4d0m3n
03-01-2009, 11:03
Ah, there it is. Thanks for that, I missed that.

What's wrong with units of eight knights? Larger or smaller optimum? And, uh, ouch. You're right about the Leadership. Hadn't even considered it, having been away from WHFB for a few years. :P Captain/General it is. Well, I'll re-work this and get back.

The Farmer
04-01-2009, 05:58
In 7th ed you need 5 per rank so 8 knights should go 6-2. This is what I meant when the two become meat shields.

For knight unit sizes 5 with musician for support.
6 IC with warbanner for hammer or 10 knights for a big unit.

maze ironheart
04-01-2009, 11:15
I would suggest some swordsmen over helberdias and free company as they are better and are the same points.I would suggest a strong leader like a worrior priest or captain or a general of the empire cause low leadership will hurt you badly.I maybe would drop 1 unit of knights and reduce the second to unit strength 5 and get some greatswords just to have a unit which will hardly run away from a fight and would make a wonderful unit for your general.

The Farmer
04-01-2009, 22:52
Yes but real men take halberdiers, don't conform to the swordsman stereotype even if they are marginally better, then again I normally play for fun. If you do take greatswords a bsb is obligatory.

b4d0m3n
05-01-2009, 02:52
Yeah, I'm not too fond of Swordsmen. Halberds appeal to me visually a lot more.