PDA

View Full Version : What's in digganob?

ArtificerArmour
03-01-2009, 09:43
Simple question really, what is in the digganob expansion?

stompy
03-01-2009, 09:46
I used to have it, as i remember, it has rules for grot revolutionaries, muties, and digga mobz, then a few extra scenarios, some extra background, and perhaps a couple of extra things like rare trade charts? Also came with a big cardboard scenery piece of a bit of the hulk. Can anyone else confirm this?

ArtificerArmour
03-01-2009, 19:48
Any further rules and weapon otpions?

stompy
04-01-2009, 15:55
I don't think there were further rules, except for new mob lists. There were new weapons, but they were only for the new mobs- muties got some crazy lightning jezzails and stuff as I remember, but no new weapons that orks could use.

BigRob
04-01-2009, 16:14
The box came with the very glossy Digganob book, a large cardboard hulk section, 4 small cardboard Mutie tents, a pulsa template (used for one of the diggas archeotech weapons) and 10-12 "hidden setup" counters.

The book had full rules for Diggas, Muties and Rebel Grots, new scenarios which include rules for the new terrain (like what happens when you drive through a tent etc) and a special characters section with some hired guns for Ork mobs like The scrap prospector(wierdboy), mad dok, krusher (an ork with all the bioniks), Dregmek Blitzkart and the original Dethcopta and the Red Gobbo for the Rebel Grot mob. Mostly the characters are rubbish, but it adds a bit of flavour amd the models were quite good

The original ork warbands could hire diggas and a shamen but suffer mockery by the other orks and penalties/higher charges on jobs in town. The Diggas have a range of archeotech they can dig up after a game, like snazzy guns, armour and random tech. However they suffer alot of penalties when it comes to trading in mektown and maintaining their vehicles.

The muties ride steeds and have super guns. They typically only have 5-6 models but their good weapons and stats make them rock in early campaign. They can also get extra equipment, something lacking in the game as a whole. Their backstory is quite good as well, but sadly there are no rules for mutations included.

Rebel Grots are numerous and have poor guns and terrible vehicles but they are great fun. The Big Lugga calls out for a conversion and they have special rules for ganging up on a single opponent (called Pilin' On).

It really adds to Gorkamorka, grab it if you can. There has long been hope it will be published along side the other Gorkamorka books (it may have been, but if thats the case, no one told me!)

tassiewargamer
12-01-2009, 06:31
Someone should email GW and see if they wouldn't mind someone scanning the book and putting it on here or they're site.

great_wolf_1283
13-01-2009, 06:16
When Gorkamorka was originally rereleased, there was various people requesting the Digganob supplement to be rereleased as well - however, we were told that, as the models that were made for the Digganob mobs (Diggas, Muties & Rebel Grots) were no longer in production, and with no intention of them being in production, then the supplement would remain OOP.

They did of course say that were someone to come up with instructions on how to convert the mobs in the supplement, then they would obviously rerelease it.

BigRob
13-01-2009, 06:57
Umm,

Crapachans, Chaos Marauders, Orks can all be used to make Diggas

Chaos spawn, mutation sprues, possessed sprues, cold ones and green stuff can all be used to make Muties

Grots, Orks and various fantasy ork and goblin minatures plus plenty of plasticard/greenstuff/bits box gubbinz can be used to make Rebel Grots. In fact a large number of the rebel grot miniatures are still sold as regular grots.

There you go GW.

ArtificerArmour
13-01-2009, 08:09
Well, I can't really convert them if I don't know what weapons and options they can take can I? :p

BigRob
13-01-2009, 10:55
LOL, good point.

I was making the point that, as said above, GW wont release a book they cannot support with miniatures. Now if they did release the book it could easily be supported using conversions with the parts I listed and probably many more. I can't see anyone playing Gorkamorka who doesnt like converting, since that was originally one fo the games key concepts. For 4-5 months after release WD often featured several pages an issue of Gorkamorka conversions.

wilycoyote
13-01-2009, 11:49
Well,

Given that the new plastic grots are direct copies of the "red grots" that solves that angle.

But as for availability that excuse is a little lame. Dark Future was a 20mm range given a pdf and its models are not available apart from overpriced auctions- albeit most of us did and still do kitbash matchbox cars or pay a visit to Stan Johansenn's great shop.

Its a shame GW has such a back catalogue of rulesets that could be scanned and put on site as PDF's, that many would be happy to scratch build, convert for. Man o War springs to mind, as Uncharted Seas is very similar and does offer some lovely fantasy ships.

wilyc

Revolushun Gobbo
21-01-2009, 07:34
They did of course say that were someone to come up with instructions on how to convert the mobs in the supplement, then they would obviously rerelease it.

Hello there! [yoof here]
is that literal?
If I can make a list from all we need to create/convert to cover the whole digganob range, make some sort of "guide/article/book" with all that and e-mail it to SG/GW would they put digganob online?

Tell me your opinion.

BigRob
21-01-2009, 08:11
Its worth a try but I doubt they will.

We waited years for them to put Warhammer Quest up on the web after they released a PDF type thing of the floorplans for use in Dungeonbowl but they never did, claiming they had "lost" the originals when they moved offices. The same with spacehulk, a PDF of the rules, tokens and floorplans would probably sell a few more boxes of genestealers and terminators, but no, they can't be bothered. After all that might be something that supports veteran players.

chromedog
21-01-2009, 09:52
@BigRob: Try boardgamegeek for pdfs of the spacehulk stuff (or they could just be .jpgs - I lose track of what I pdf to keep and sort) - all of the tiles, counters, etc are there somewhere.

I've still got the tiles (and the METAL terminators - the plastic ones from SH 1.0 were crap) but lost the genestealers moving house some 14 years ago (had about 40 of them).

Revolushun Gobbo
23-01-2009, 14:23
Its worth a try but I doubt they will.

We waited years for them to put Warhammer Quest up on the web after they released a PDF type thing of the floorplans for use in Dungeonbowl but they never did, claiming they had "lost" the originals when they moved offices. The same with spacehulk, a PDF of the rules, tokens and floorplans would probably sell a few more boxes of genestealers and terminators, but no, they can't be bothered. After all that might be something that supports veteran players.

anyway, if they lost the originals I've saw plenty online versions [I can even scan mine]

I can have the complete list, but I will need people to get over the project seriously. I can work in my local GW store, but I think here there is an excellent level of work, so I wanted to try here first.

tell me your opinion!

Revolushun Gobbo
27-01-2009, 16:40
Ok who's up for the "Digging Digganob Project"?

there are MIN 16 models and 5 vehicles to cover the minimum model range of DIGGANOB [edited].

I can open a thread with the list of what we need here, and care to arrange all the material at the end.
also we can open a thread for models and another for the vehicles on M, P&T Project Logs.

Big Rob already did a step on what we need to convert all these things. now we need to get over the x-acto and green stuff!

da scrap is not waiting fer ya foreva!

isn't this the best way to honor the year of the orks?
fully reviving the most orky game ever?