PDA

View Full Version : The new Dr Who

Brimstone
18-03-2005, 20:15
A few days ago I watched the first episode of the new Dr Who series - Rose.

It's pretty damn good IMO and well up to today's standards while still holding true to the Dr Who's of the past, it really reminded me of Shaun of the Dead in some ways.

Christopher Eccleston is superb as the new Dr "all planets have a north" and Billy Piper makes a good start as the new companion.

We even get a Gestalt consciousness in the form of the Nestene.

I'm really looking forward to the start of the series on March 26th (April 5th Canada, unknown for the US at the moment). Of course if you know where to look you can see the first one now. Wink

Marsekay
18-03-2005, 20:45
Excellent.
Ever since I heard the rumours that Eddie Izzard was going to be the new doctoer when they announced the new series I was looking forward to it.
UK next saturday at 7pm yes?
I saw the pictures of Chris (the new doctor ) in his outfit and i thought thats a very conservative costume, it looks like hes headed to the pub! but its probably a better more contemporary feel.
Billie piper has worried me as a new companion, but i heard good things about her from the part she played in one of those tales (canterbury?) shown a while ago.
I was tempted to watch the leaked version, but i think i will wait. I will get annoyed if theres poor sound quality or poor visual quality etc.

Gestalt conciousness eh? sounds like a spoiler to me!

I was even tempted to do a doctor who themed Daemon hunters force. but with a doctor as the inquisitor, K9 and a few others Ace? maybe as the retinue. but how would you get away with the tardis??

Hows the theme tune Brim? they funked it up and messed it up? or does it still hold true?

salty
18-03-2005, 20:50
I reckon it could be cool, but no-one will ever top Tom Baker (I watched some of the old episodes on my dads tapes). That man is crazy!

Salty :)

Brimstone
18-03-2005, 20:53
I saw the pictures of Chris (the new doctor ) in his outfit and i thought thats a very conservative costume, it looks like hes headed to the pub! but its probably a better more contemporary feel.

I can imagine him in a pub :D, he spends a lot of time running and grinning but he is a really really good doctor and makes me want to watch more.

Billie piper has worried me as a new companion, but i heard good things about her from the part she played in one of those tales (canterbury?) shown a while ago.

She is pretty good in this, not outstanding but not brainless and she can act so that's good thing.

I was tempted to watch the leaked version, but i think i will wait. I will get annoyed if theres poor sound quality or poor visual quality etc.

The quality is very good ;) but you might as well wait.

Gestalt conciousness eh? sounds like a spoiler to me!

Not really the Autons have been in at least two stories before.

Hows the theme tune Brim? they funked it up and messed it up? or does it still hold true?

A shiver ran through me, it's perfect. :cool:

Compyraptor
18-03-2005, 20:53
I've never seen Dr. Who so I might watch it to see what all the fuss is about. Apparently lots of scenes from the new one was filmed in here in my home town of Cardiff. I wonder if I'll see any recognisable places, like our GW.

Bubble Ghost
18-03-2005, 21:38
I was a bit worried, but I agree that it does look as though it could be pretty good, and ol' Billie isn't necessarily a liability. It certainly looks as though they've thought it all through, and wild horses won't be able to get me away from the TV that night.

Even so, I reckon they should have done it like this:

Spider
18-03-2005, 22:25
I am looking forward to it very much...it could well be very good.

Although i am now saddened that Dr Wu won't be appearing. :)

Marsekay
19-03-2005, 00:15
I was a bit worried, but I agree that it does look as though it could be pretty good, and ol' Billie isn't necessarily a liability. It certainly looks as though they've thought it all through, and wild horses won't be able to get me away from the TV that night.

Even so, I reckon they should have done it like this:

I actually like the look of this. Is it just a pic? or did they make a spoof?

Lt Cmdr Blade
19-03-2005, 02:36
I didn't think i'd be too bothered about it but after seeing the little BBC teasers for it I cant wait :D .

Tom
19-03-2005, 02:41
I didn't think i'd be too bothered about it but after seeing the little BBC teasers for it I cant wait :D .

It's because they destroy Big Ben, isn't it? (It's in the advert, it's hardly a bloody spoiler)

Lt Cmdr Blade
19-03-2005, 03:01
It's because they destroy Big Ben, isn't it? (It's in the advert, it's hardly a bloody spoiler)

Nah, I wasn't sure that Chris Eccelston would make a good doctor, but after hearing him deliver a few lines i really think i'ts gonna be good.

Ethereal Alpaca
19-03-2005, 23:35
I thought it'd be a real let-down at first, but after watching the doctor who night earlier, and reading this thread, I'm now very excited. In my younger days I was fanatical about Dr Who. I think I might dig out that old book of monsters I had...

Still, BBC had better hope the show's a hit, since I heard it cost them around 10 mil :eek: .

Rabid Bunny 666
19-03-2005, 23:42
looks cool, i won a dr who tape at a school raffle when i was 6, but my dad has it, along with the glory....

i am looking forwards to it, there was a fair thing when i was a kid, ioffered the fat controller a crisp and burst into tears in front of a dalek, slightly off topic, but i need to start somewhere :D

Bubble Ghost
20-03-2005, 11:27
I actually like the look of this. Is it just a pic? or did they make a spoof?

It's one of my own little Photoshop projects - it's some random Shaolin monk's face on Tom Baker's body, a pagoda-shaped lamp instead of the TARDIS. I just get a kick out of stupid stuff like this.

Baggers
20-03-2005, 13:17
I was one of the first to see Rose when it was leaked onto the internet. Mainly because I was in the right spot when the idiot posted it. From what I have read this series is going to be good and Chris Ecclestone is going to get even better as a Doctor and comes out on his own when he meets the Dalek in the sixth episode.

BTW if you want to ask any questions please do as I am a bit of a Whovian and managed to get over half the questions right on the Doctor Who Mastermind thing including Carrot Juice

Still, BBC had better hope the show's a hit, since I heard it cost them around 10 mil :eek: .

That is a lie, if you look at the type of video camera they are using which is a digibeta btw then you can tell that the budget is nowhere near as it has been rumoured. One rumour was a million per episode but it is not that. Because they would have shot it onto a high definition camera like aSony HDW-F900 CineAlta if your intrested and they would not have to convert it to give a film apperance like they have done.

boogle
20-03-2005, 13:24
is each episode just going to be one off?, thats a shame because i was used to the serial way that they were brought out.

Brimstone, how did you manage to see Dr Who so early?

Bob the destroyer
20-03-2005, 13:53
I hope this series is good I loved the old doctor. (well tom baker largly) anyone know anything about it coming to the states?

Burnthem
20-03-2005, 13:56
I was dreading it before i saw the adverts, but im really looking forward to it now, just please PLEASE let it be good.....

Baggers
20-03-2005, 14:30
Boogle, Episodes 1,2,3,6,7,8,11,12,13 I belive are all a single story in a 45 minute time slot. They are self contained stories. Episodes 4 and 5 and episodes 9 and 10 are two part stories. Which will obviously run over two weeks.

Boogle the reason Brimstone and myself have been able to see Rose early is becuase (and I can't go into the specifics) it has been released on to the internet three weeks before the first broadcast date.

There is no news on a state side release though I belvie Canada and New Zealand have bought the rights.

Just to let you know if anyone remembers Ultraviolet that was on Channel 4 about six years ago, well the director/creator of that show Joe Ahearne has directed that episode and about half of the series all told.

Bob the destroyer
20-03-2005, 15:35
anyone have any knowledge of when/if it will come to the states?

Pikachu
21-03-2005, 00:07
anyone have any knowledge of when/if it will come to the states?

at the moment...never.

BBC worldwide approached several US tv networks with tapes of episodes with a view to selling them for syndication, and every single network turned them down, even the SCIfi channel.
so, unless any of you yankee doodles have access to BBC worldwide on satellite, you wont be getting to see them any time soon.

anyways, having seen the first episode (lololloll, i r t3h l337), i can say that it looks good, but i have some reservations about making the stories self contained 45 minute episodes, rather than keeping the original "weekly serial" format, but russell t davis is a pretty good sci fi writer, so they shouldnt be too bad.

Sojourner
21-03-2005, 10:43
Autons are in. Good. Cybermen are in. Good. Big-Giant-Head baddies are in. Erm...

Anyway, no Daleks as far as I've seen. I'm most disappointed about this. Could be wrong though.

Lt Cmdr Blade
21-03-2005, 12:24
Autons are in. Good. Cybermen are in. Good. Big-Giant-Head baddies are in. Erm...

Anyway, no Daleks as far as I've seen. I'm most disappointed about this. Could be wrong though.

Yep you are :D. Episode six will have Daleks in, so i've heard.

glimli
21-03-2005, 12:41
and apparently they have worked out a way to go up stairs!! i cant wait untill our ABC (australian broadcasting corporation) again rembersthey have no pogramming talent and adds it to their collection of britsh television it depends on.

Charax
21-03-2005, 12:41
What gave it away? the fact the title's "Dalek"?

Where is the leaked episode? I'm assuming it's doing the rounds on P2P networks, anywhere else?

Lt Cmdr Blade
21-03-2005, 13:04
What gave it away? the fact the title's "Dalek"?

Where is the leaked episode? I'm assuming it's doing the rounds on P2P networks, anywhere else?

Actually i don't know the episode titles. I saw an interview with Christopher Eccleston where he said the Daleks would be in episode six.

Charax
21-03-2005, 13:13
Well, here are the episodes in order (condensing the 2-parters into one)
Havent heard about the cybermen being in it, though.

Rose
The End of the World
The Unquiet Dead
Aliens of London
10 Downing Street
Dalek
The Long Game
#8: Untitled
The Empty Child
The Doctor Dances
Boom Town
#12: Untitled
The Parting of the Ways

Paddy
21-03-2005, 18:56
very excited about this :D

*notices*

13 Episodes to a season, 52 required for US syndication I believe - guess you've got to wait for 3 more series' over there. :(

Baggers
22-03-2005, 20:33
Charax that is an incorrect episode list not all of those stories will be called that. Yes a single Dalek will appear in episode 6. There were rumours that the last two epiosdes were containing a Dalek army. However these are unconfirmed and still are unconfirmed.

BTW watch Rememberance of the Daleks if you want to see a Dalek go upstairs.

Oh Sojurrner the Cybermen are not in the new season of Doctor Who if it is a succes then maybe the next one but nothing so far.

Stouty
22-03-2005, 20:48
I'm quite ashamed to say I'm qquite a big Dr. Who fan, but i do think that daleks suck.
I really hope the series doesn't try just to be a tribute to the old series, but tries to a program of it's own right. The writters and producers of the show were saying that they didnt want to include any Daleks but the BBC made them because "everyone will know where they stand"
You know if they mess this up they've got reserved seats under-neath my pattio :mad:

Baggers
22-03-2005, 20:56
I r. The writters and producers of the show were saying that they didnt want to include any Daleks but the BBC made them because "everyone will know where they stand"
You know if they mess this up they've got reserved seats under-neath my pattio :mad:

Actually its the other way round the writers and producers wanted the Daleks but could not agree a deal with the Nation Estate and so the series was started without a dalek stroy, however things changed and now there is a Dalek story.

Anyway it would not be Doctor Who if there were not a Dalek story to boost ratings.

Charax
22-03-2005, 21:18
Charax that is an incorrect episode list not all of those stories will be called that

Well, in that case, what will they be called?

Baggers
25-03-2005, 09:58
Well, in that case, what will they be called?

Well if I knew that (and I hasten to add that I don't) then I would be either A) be telling you that or B) Not telling you the titles as I would be under contract to the BBC. However I come under option A

Just to let you know the person who leaked the episdoe has had his contract terminated.

return of teh 13bells!
28-03-2005, 19:10
Saw the new series of Dr Who this weekend and it gets the thumbs up from me :)
Finally, some good saturday evening tv

Inquisitor Engel
30-03-2005, 16:20
even the SCIfi channel.
Sci-Fi doesn't need it at the moment. With the final Season of SG-1 starting in July, Season 2 of both Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica (Also really impressed by this update) they've got the three most popular Sci-Fi shows on TV.

WHen SG-1 ends, they'll need something to fill that spot, so we'll see if they don't pick it up then. Sci-Fi tries to avoid showing stuff in seasons unless they're making it (as is the case of all the above) so they usually wait until they can show plenty in one running. (They're showing all of The X-Files at 4pm on Weekdays, in order for instance right now, but waited till it was done to do so)

We'll see next year I suppose.

so, unless any of you yankee doodles have access to BBC worldwide on satellite, you wont be getting to see them any time soon.

The correct term over here is BBC America (spot the contracdictory irony!) and yes, I do. :D Yay!

plasmadaemon
30-03-2005, 16:47
meh, too much action and show of from the company who did the graphic effects for Gladiator.

Baggers
30-03-2005, 20:47
meh, too much action and show of from the company who did the graphic effects for Gladiator.

Don't forget they did the whomping willow in Harry Potter. Anyway news guys Seires 2 is now offically on. 13 more episodes and a christmas special coming to our screens within the next year.

Sprue Rubbles
31-03-2005, 03:17
... and Eccleston is no longer Dr. Who. :( :mad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4395849.stm

Inquisitor Engel
31-03-2005, 04:12
... and Eccleston is no longer Dr. Who. :( :mad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4395849.stm
Already?!

*Reads*

From Ninth to Tenth already. And David Tennet looks FAR too young for the role. I'm disappointed.

Sprue Rubbles
31-03-2005, 04:27
You know I always thought Dr. Who was a bit hoaky and Eccleston was one of the reasons I actually wanted to give it a try (I loved him in 28 Days Later). It's not surprising though since he is probably too well known or "big" for it (no offense to Dr. Who).

ah well...

worldshatterer
01-04-2005, 11:32
So who do we all think should be the next Doctor? I'm torn between Richard E.Grant[Withnail and I] and David Thewlis[Professor Lupin in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban] . Definitely against David Tennet, Doctor Who should not be so pretty that he looks like a girl!

Sai-Lauren
01-04-2005, 12:00
Don't know, I think Anthony Head might be a good doctor, but it might be considered too close to Rupert Giles in Buffy.

Odin
01-04-2005, 12:10
Bill Nighy would get my vote, although Anthony Stewart Head would be good too. The Casanova bloke is at least 10 years too young.

Richard E Grant did a radio version of Dr Who. I didn't hear it, but I suspect he'd be pretty well suited to the role as well.

The boyz
01-04-2005, 13:32
Yeah the new Doctor Who was pretty dam good. But Cristopher Eccelston is ment to be leaving after just the first series.

Bubble Ghost
01-04-2005, 13:44
I think Bill Bailey would be pretty amusing.*

*Joke.**

**Sort of.

athamas
01-04-2005, 13:56
i liked it... bar the stupid fight scene at the end...

Baggers
01-04-2005, 17:50
Well it does look like that David Tennant is going to be the new Doctor, however I have the faith in Russel T Davis and Julie Garland to pick correctly, they did with Chris Ecclestone, it was just that he felt he had to leave now or be typedcast. Which is fine.

worldshatterer
01-04-2005, 19:01
But surely if you take on an iconic cult role such as the Doctor you expect to get typecast . Fair enough you might want to disassociate yourself from an unexpected sucess the you personally hate[like Sir Alec McGuiness and the role of ObiWan] . But to give up on a signature role like that after a single series, strikes me as a severe lack of comitment .

Thalisahis
02-04-2005, 08:17
Does anybody know if or when it will be out in the states? I think it's great, I've seen the fist episode but I'm moving to the states on Wedesday so I won't be able to see the rest.

Baggers
02-04-2005, 12:43
Does anybody know if or when it will be out in the states? I think it's great, I've seen the fist episode but I'm moving to the states on Wedesday so I won't be able to see the rest.

All of the states channels failed to pick up on it, unlike thier brother Canada, and unless it is on BBC America then you probably wont see it.

Ethereal Alpaca
02-04-2005, 19:03
Anyone but me less than impressed by the End of the World? It was crap.

I'm quite glad Chris Ecclestone is leaving now. After seeing him in the second episode, he's not right for the roll. I hope the other episodes will be better, or this is going to be the let down I thought it was going to be in the first place...

Baggers
02-04-2005, 20:30
I think what let the End of the World down is the writing more than anything, it felt a little to much on showing the monsters than the actual story, which felt rather rushed. However Mark Gatisis (SP?) story next week with the gelf should be good.

Kohhna
02-04-2005, 21:52
Looking forwards to the Paul Cornell scrited episode as well. I used to enjoy his colums in SFX.

Frankly, I dunno, the 2 eps so far have just lacked something. They just had no real substance or something. Billie Piper is quite good as the assistant but Eccelston and the rest of the cast just don't have the oomph to carry the thing off. Some of the acting has been really dire as well. "Doctor, I'm made of wood", you and everyone else round here love.

Marsekay
02-04-2005, 22:20
I like the look of next weeks episode!
In the end of the world i just didnt like the rubber aliens.
Apart from that i am still liking it.

plasmadaemon
03-04-2005, 11:19
eugh, i thought that skin was michael jackson.
Too much stuff in a 40 minute episode.

Marsekay
04-04-2005, 01:53
Whats the name of The doctors planet?
I am sure its old news but i forgot it.

Paddy
04-04-2005, 02:00
Its Gallifrey

Baggers
04-04-2005, 17:42
Yes it is Gallifrey in the constalation of casterovourus if I remeber corectly, and I am sure it is not spelt like that.

Wintermute
04-04-2005, 18:11
Yes it is Gallifrey in the constalation of casterovourus if I remeber corectly, and I am sure it is not spelt like that.

Technically that should read "was" Gallifrey as the planet was destroyed...

...by the eighth Doctor :eek:

Marsekay
04-04-2005, 18:44
Hang on isnt Ecclestone the 8th doctor?

Wintermute
04-04-2005, 18:48
Hang on isnt Ecclestone the 8th doctor?

No, he's the ninth.

Paul McGann was the eighth.

Marsekay
04-04-2005, 18:49
Ahh yes i forgot about him.
How was Gallifrey destroyed, all i remember from that one was The master getting sucked into something in the cloister room.
And is The Master really gone?

TheSonOfAbbadon
04-04-2005, 19:00
My dad said that Time Lords only get 12 resurrecions then they're gone! Is this true?

Marsekay
04-04-2005, 19:17
My dad said that Time Lords only get 12 resurrecions then they're gone! Is this true?

I read the same last night,
I am sure if the series goes well and caries on for some time, i am sure they will get around this somehow.

Baggers
04-04-2005, 19:33
Each Time Lord has 13 lives, which me has 12 regenerations. However the Master a rivial Time Lord of the Doctor, once lived past his alloted regenerations, by taking over the control of Counsellor Tremas of Traken. Who coincedentily was the farther of the fifth Doctor's compaion Nyssa.

The Master was appaerently sucked into the Eye of Harmony in the TV movie, however I can not remember off hand if he has featured in any of the BBC Books based on Paul Mcgann's Eight Doctor.

I have yet to read the book with the destruction of Gallifrey, its on my to read list, and was a long way down. Not any more though, so it was a big shock when I learnt of it being blown up. Damn BBC spoiling everythign for me.

Wintermute
04-04-2005, 19:42
The Master was appaerently sucked into the Eye of Harmony in the TV movie, however I can not remember off hand if he has featured in any of the BBC Books based on Paul Mcgann's Eight Doctor.

I have yet to read the book with the destruction of Gallifrey, its on my to read list, and was a long way down. Not any more though, so it was a big shock when I learnt of it being blown up. Damn BBC spoiling everythign for me.

I believe that The Master does appear in the later books featuring the Eighth Doctor, as does Romana.

Baggers
04-04-2005, 19:53
I believe that The Master does appear in the later books featuring the Eighth Doctor, as does Romana.

I knew about Romana as she becomes the High President of Gallifrey,which means she manages to break out of E Space somehow. I really should read more of the Paul Mcgann books.

Sai-Lauren
05-04-2005, 09:05
They originally only got 11 - 12 different incarnations.
However, the Valeyard in the last Colin Baker story "Trial Of A Time Lord" was revealed to be the 13th incarnation of the doctor.
However, the Master got around this by body-stealing, and I'm sure there'll be some Deus Ex Machina answer when the actor playing Doctor 12 decides to move on.

And is The Master really gone?
Only one thing can kill the Master - bad ratings :p

Although Anthony Ainley (the Master from Tom Baker through to Sylvester McCoy) passed away at the back end of last year (I believe pretty much the last thing he did was record a commentary for the Keeper Of Traken DVD). He himself replaced Roger Delgado, who died in the early 70s, having established the role against Jon Pertwee.

Sojourner
05-04-2005, 12:57
I get the impression that Gallifrey was erased from existence rather than merely being destroyed.

I have my own little theory about Time Lords, though. I consider the TARDIS to be an 'existence support device' for a Gallifreyan who uses one. To prevent themselves from being erased from the timeline, a Time Lord is actually in a kind of stasis in a higher dimension - as humans exist in four and can theoretically be put into stasis in the fourth, so Time Lords naturally exist in five and are restricted to four. This gives a nice little tragic element - the kind of existence that a Time Lord is forced to accept is about the same as expecting a human to be happy with being put in stasis forever.

Baggers
05-04-2005, 19:40
Although Anthony Ainley (the Master from Tom Baker through to Sylvester McCoy) passed away at the back end of last year (I believe pretty much the last thing he did was record a commentary for the Keeper Of Traken DVD). He himself replaced Roger Delgado, who died in the early 70s, having established the role against Jon Pertwee.

Yeah he did record a commetory for the Keeper of Traken, but dont expect to see it released on DVD this year.

The Valeyard admits his identity as a distillation of the dark side of the Doctor's nature, somewhere between his twelfth and thirteenth incarnations, out to take control over his remaining lives. Taken from the Beeb's website.

Oh and did you know before Rodger Delgardo dies, he was going to be in one alst Doctor Who when it was to have been revealed that he was the Doctor's brother.

Spider
05-04-2005, 22:25
The Master was just about the best villain that the Doctor was pitted against.

That "shrinking gun" thing he had was truly (to my young mind) a scary contraption.

As to the new look control room..i am not sure i like it, very Farscape indeed. Although as i remember from much older stories the Tardis is truly immense in size, and had at least two (now we presume three) control rooms.

But frankly the Tardid just isn't right without the doodad that goes up and down in the centre of the console. :)

Sai-Lauren
06-04-2005, 08:42
Yeah he did record a commetory for the Keeper of Traken, but dont expect to see it released on DVD this year.

The Valeyard admits his identity as a distillation of the dark side of the Doctor's nature, somewhere between his twelfth and thirteenth incarnations, out to take control over his remaining lives. Taken from the Beeb's website.

Oh and did you know before Rodger Delgardo dies, he was going to be in one alst Doctor Who when it was to have been revealed that he was the Doctor's brother.
I know, it's City Of Death for November though - with allegations of Tom Baker doing some extras for it :cool:

Although I wish they'd release the Key To Time season for region 2. How come the americans get it before we do?

Didn't know that, bit too soap opera-ish for my liking, but there you go.

Wintermute
06-04-2005, 17:52
As to the new look control room..i am not sure i like it, very Farscape indeed. Although as i remember from much older stories the Tardis is truly immense in size, and had at least two (now we presume three) control rooms.

But frankly the Tardid just isn't right without the doodad that goes up and down in the centre of the console. :)

BTW the current Tardis is a different model to that owned/used by the Doctor in the original tv show.

Pikachu
06-04-2005, 18:04
Re: Gallifrey being destroyed

oh dear, plot hole alert!1!!!1!

you see, if gallifrey was destroyed, then the tardis would no longer work, as the eye of harmony would collapse in on itself.

you see, the eye of harmony is actually a black hole in the gallifrey star system, which was stabilised and harnessed by a time lord called Rassilon. the equipment used for stabilising the black hole is located on gallifrey, therefore if gallifrey was destroyed, the eye of harmony would de stabilise and destroy the entire star system.
All the Tardis's use the eye of harmony as a source of power, connecting themselves to it via an interdimensional bridge, in much the same way as the outside of a tardis is connected to the inside by one.
The interior of the tardis is described as being "dimensionally transendental <sp?>", meaning that it exists in a different place to the point of observation, in reality, the tardis doesnt actually go anywhere, but the police box entrance can move to any point or time in any known plane of existance, as it is simply a doorway to the inside, which exists outside of time.

Baggers
06-04-2005, 22:01
I know, it's City Of Death for November though - with allegations of Tom Baker doing some extras for it :cool:

Although I wish they'd release the Key To Time season for region 2. How come the americans get it before we do?

Didn't know that, bit too soap opera-ish for my liking, but there you go.

Yes City of Death is going to be released in November, though you should not know about that, as the Beeb announced it far to early, yes i know what the other two release for the year are. But No I am not saying.

Oh and the Americans did the Key to Time boxset not the Reteration Team and is apprently quite rubbish. Its best to wait till the Resteration team deal with the stories.

Deaf_Peter
07-04-2005, 17:00
I was really looking forward to the new Dr Who....... that was until I saw it. None of them can act particularly well, (the dr was alright...) But the dr was well, WRONG, he just didn't come across as how he should and he was young and unmysterious and annoying. Infact even the fun tackiness of days gone was ruined with the attempt of high-tech tack. just WRONG.... and rubbish taboot.

Marsekay
07-04-2005, 17:05
I think its gonna get better, i still wiol be watching it. i hope it carrys on for ages!

Deaf_Peter
07-04-2005, 17:06
Even if they get that little man that looks like a chick to do it... the weedy gimp from casanova...??

Marsekay
07-04-2005, 17:22
I think they should let me have a go.
I reckon i would be ace as the doctor.

EDIT:
Hows about we all send the BBc e mails asking for me to be the doctor? see if we can get a result.

Dear BBC,
I am a little upset to hear of christpher ecclestones departure after just one series, but this is perhaps a blessing in disguise. the perfect candidate to be the doctor has been found, his name is Marcel Kinrade. he has appeared in many home movies, and is possibly THE Doctor incarnate.

Deaf_Peter
07-04-2005, 18:45
Well, a dead rat would probably give a better show than that pathetic casanova ladyboy.

Spider
07-04-2005, 22:51
BTW the current Tardis is a different model to that owned/used by the Doctor in the original tv show.

Interesting.

Speaking as someone completely ignorant of the written adventures of the good Dr, when/how did this happen?

Wintermute
08-04-2005, 07:17
Interesting.

Speaking as someone completely ignorant of the written adventures of the good Dr, when/how did this happen?

In the Doctor Who novels.