PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Combat Squad Boo Hiss

boogle
28-04-2005, 22:02
http://fr.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.fr?do=Individual&code=99120101024&orignav=10 10 for 5 Marines, wowee, gues that won't sell anytime soon, so glad ebay, Bartertown and here are good for bulking out my marine army, what a crappy set

t-tauri
28-04-2005, 22:09
Might be a little more reasonable if it comes with the missile launcher/special weapon sprue but if it's just five marines and the UK price is 10 then it's a bit of a rip off.

Cypher
28-04-2005, 22:13
I heard a rumour that it was going to include the devastator sprue. Not sure if that's true or not.

Im guessing either way these wont be on the shelves too long: kind of like the single IG heavy weapon team.

boogle
28-04-2005, 22:20
has the single weapon team been removed?, it doesn't look like the devastator sprue is included as surely they would show it on the official release pic

philbrad2
28-04-2005, 22:28
No heavy or at least a special wepaon??? At least the old set you got what you paid for. For a tenner you just get 5 basic SM's - that is pretty crappy. :mad:

:cool:

the spook
28-04-2005, 22:36
is it me, or do those look a lot like the Battle for Macrage Marines?

Sgt John Keel
28-04-2005, 23:09
is it me, or do those look a lot like the Battle for Macrage Marines?

No. Beaky head and extra Purity Seals. Why is everyone seeing BfM marines everywhere?

/Adrian

Gabekun
28-04-2005, 23:31
No. Beaky head and extra Purity Seals. Why is everyone seeing BfM marines everywhere?

/Adrian

No... he's right actually.. well, partially right anyways.

Check out the marine in the upper right corner.. notice his bolter casing is different from the others? That's the marine from the "painting your models" section of the "Read this first" booklet from the Battle for Macragge boxset. Also, the one in the middle, top row is from the same booklet, it doesn't have page numbers, but it's the first page for Mission 4.

Interesting, but I highly doubt that the box only contains the BfM marines. This is probably just a quickly cobbled together picture.

*edit* doing some chopping in photoshop.. the top left marine is actually the same as the middle marine, with some things edited out (the arrow on the left shoulder, some eye lens changes)... heh.

astrocortex
29-04-2005, 00:29
ten quid a box?

I wonder if we'd get a free tattoo of the word MUG! written on our foreheads after buying them?

I know no-one has to buy them but a tenner is a bit steep!

ferrus
29-04-2005, 01:07
Whats funny is when I started the GW stuff 7 years ago when the new plastic marines were just released, you could get a whole tactical squad for the same price!

Cypher
29-04-2005, 08:34
Once upon a time a box of three Rhinos cost less than what one does now. Funny isnt it?

As for the dev sprue: you'd think they would, but then again there was no indication it was in the battleforce, nor any indication (that I've seen) that it is actually in the Devastator box (you'll notice the lack of a kneeling Marine in the box cover photo).

charlie_c67
29-04-2005, 09:57
Sheesh, why's the french site always seem to be more up to date than the UK one?

lostitgotit72
29-04-2005, 10:14
becuase they pay more, probably.........

10? whoa, rip-off....

shutupSHUTUP!!!
29-04-2005, 11:59
I do hope there's some justification for that, if it just contain 5 space marines with bolters I'm going to be getting worried about the near future.

philbrad2
29-04-2005, 12:05
Actually had another thought on this... I had a look at the Rumour Round-up (http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37&page=2&pp=10) and it shows the SM new sprues with parts for 5 men on each sprue. So I guess it will be a single one of these in the combat squad, 2 in the full tactical box. You will get more for your money but unless GW are also going to add the accessory sprue (m.launcher, special wea,ps purity seals and whatever) then the additional 4 for these guys is a real rip off. Ifthe accessory sprue is in there that's a different matter as you'll end up with lots of bits for spares.

My 2 penneth (revised)

:cool:

charlie_c67
29-04-2005, 12:18
Looking at the size of the sprue I'd say maybe not. Don't forget the old tac sprue (with just legs, body, head and two extra bits) was 12 pounds for a sprue which looks to be similar in size. I could be wrong about that but it does look similar.

Edit: And it's 2 quid a guy not 4 ;)

boogle
29-04-2005, 15:46
it really make the Razorback squad look a good deal currently (saves 6)

Flame Boy
29-04-2005, 18:34
Well, I too was going to point out you could happily buy a 10-man marine squad for 10 once. I'm not sure what 5 bolter-armed marines are useful for, other than padding out a Devastator squad if you bought the Devastator boxed set. I guess if you want to litter your terrain/model bases with dead space marines, this is the way to do it.

Sgt John Keel
29-04-2005, 18:34
No... he's right actually.. well, partially right anyways.

Sigh. IIRC, the BfM marines are ten to a sprue. There, problem solved.

/Adrian

Urza
29-04-2005, 19:17
Well, I too was going to point out you could happily buy a 10-man marine squad for 10 once.

Thats nothing, the original RBT01 plastic Space Marines box was only 9.99 and it contained THIRTY Space Marines!!!! :eek:

Hows that for value??

Gabekun
29-04-2005, 19:24
Sigh. IIRC, the BfM marines are ten to a sprue. There, problem solved.

/Adrian

I was not saying the actual marines in the box were the BfM marines.. just that some of the marines in the picture on the storefront were BfM marines... that's all :)

Garoth
01-05-2005, 21:55
As for the dev sprue: you'd think they would, but then again there was no indication it was in the battleforce, nor any indication (that I've seen) that it is actually in the Devastator box (you'll notice the lack of a kneeling Marine in the box cover photo).

Here (http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=302206&orignav=300866&ParentID=255013&GameNav=10) is a pic fron US Online Store where you can see the kneeling legs used.