PDA

View Full Version : Can a no magic defense, balanced(otherwise) and offensive WoC list win?

Irondragon
04-01-2009, 03:51
Yes or No?

blackjack
04-01-2009, 04:03
An all cav WOC might stand a chance with no Magic Deff. Get in with the enemy quick and break them on turn 2.

Irondragon
04-01-2009, 04:14
I've been toying around with a 2250pt list without magic defense because I recently went magic heavy and got aggravated with it. My style is more geared towards intimate close combat anyway. The list I've been messing with looks kinda like this..
- Lord on Manticore
- Battle Standard Bearer with warbanner in..
- Unit of Marauders with flails
- 2x5 MoK Flail horsemen
- 5 Chaos Knights
- 2x5 Hounds
- 20 man Warrior Unit
- Hellcannon
- 10 man chosen unit with MoK and Banner of Rage

The point of this post is too get some responses on what ppl think. I will post a finished list with the final decisions after enough feedback is received.

VVar
04-01-2009, 05:35
I don't see a no magic WoC list coming even close to working if you take Chaos Warriors...maybe all mounted with tons of marauder horsemen/hounds and then 3-4 units of knights with exalted/s, perhaps a lvl 1 on foot hiding in a wood somewhere with 2x scrolls....

Irondragon
04-01-2009, 05:43
I'll admit, I'm newly returning to fantasy from a couple years of 40K, and I never played much fantasy before that either. So a level 1 with 2 dispell scrolls is worth taking even though it can only stop 2 spells?

Lotl Botl
04-01-2009, 06:04
turn the chosen, warriors, and maruaders into more knights add a another unit or two of horsemen/warhounds
add lv.1 scoll caddy
youll be fine in most battles unless you go against some of those wack lists, in which no ammount magic defense will save you

Neckutter
04-01-2009, 10:27
if you like extremely killy things a slaanesh giant works wonders. i hear 2 of them works even better.

but yeah, if you dont have much magic, then you need a TON of cav to make up for it. you need to pounce quickly. honestly i dont see ANY WoC doing well against daemons/vc/we/he without a magic-heavy list.

for the love of god WoC need some type of skirmisher, or flier unit.