PDA

View Full Version : Greenskin power! Or are they weak?

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
04-01-2009, 19:03
Hello guys,

Well I'm the whining about OnG tired. So this year my goal is to prove that OnG can still be competive, so I'm gonna try to win as much games as possible. And I'm gonna try to get a top 5 place in a big tourny this year. The top 5 place is going to be the hardest part I suppose cause I don't know if I will attend many tournies this year. Anyway in my club there is some tough competion. In the gaming groups I'm member almost the entire top 10 from the dutch ranking is represented.

The list I'm going to use is this one for the moment, later on I will field a savage heavy list to see if that works out

Lords
Black orc warboss, wyvern, shaga's, kickin' heavy armour, shield 434

Heroes
Black orc bsb, boar, heavy armour, spirit totem 180pts
Night Gobbo shaman, lv1, 2 scrolls 100pts
Gobbo big boss, wollopa's, tricksy trinket, chariot 135pts

Core
24 Orc boyz, shield, full command 176pts
21 Night goblins, mu, 2 fanatic 117pts
21 Night goblins, mu, 2 fanatic 117

5 wolfriders, spears, mu 71pts

Special
20 Black orcs, fc, shields, waaagh banner 348pts
1 Wolfchariot, extra crew 63pts
2 spear chukka's 70pts
2 spear chukka's 70pts

Rare
1 Giant, 205pts
1 Doom diver 80pts

Yesterday I played with this list against an empire gunline with the popemobile, because of the all the shooting my wyvern hide the entire game. But because smarter movement, I outmanouverd the popemobile and knights and the got killed, I was also lucky enough that one of the hellblasters did explode. In the end it was a massacre for the greenskins.

So that means
Wins:1 ( from which 1 massacre)
Draws:0
Losses: 0

Next time I will write bigger reports with some pic's:)

WAAAAGH

Malorian
05-01-2009, 02:18
Hurray!!! I've noticed your record in your sig many times and hoped you'd start making reports :)

Stuffburger
05-01-2009, 02:47
How is the big unit of black orcs working out for you? Warseer seems to uniformly agree they aren't worth it, and especially not in big units like that.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
05-01-2009, 05:05
Well in this came the minched a knight unit completly after that I placed them behind scenery:), so my opponent couldn't get half points for it:). They aren't the greatest unit around, I prefer savage big'uns instead but in such a small army it is good to have almost no annimosity.

Greetz
G

Nicha11
05-01-2009, 08:30
look i'll get this out of the way early. I really like the fact that you and many others are trying to prove OnG are competive. Reading Malorians battle reports is always interesting ect ect.

But now comes the negative part, do we really need another thread asking the question? We already have several which go something like:
"Orcs and Goblins aren't weak!"
"Yes they are look at tournament statistics!"
"(Several reasons why tournaments don't count)"
"(Several reasons why they do)"

Of course this leads to an almighty bitch fest, with lots of the actual content going down the drain.

So when you write this thread, please don't let it go down the drain, ignore the doubters don't listen to them. If you do then neither side will win and everyone will end up hating eachother.

On that cheery note let the battles commence (your ratio is impressive).

GuyLeCheval
05-01-2009, 11:54
look i'll get this out of the way early. I really like the fact that you and many others are trying to prove OnG are competive. Reading Malorians battle reports is always interesting ect ect.

But now comes the negative part, do we really need another thread asking the question? We already have several which go something like:
"Orcs and Goblins aren't weak!"
"Yes they are look at tournament statistics!"
"(Several reasons why tournaments don't count)"
"(Several reasons why they do)"

Of course this leads to an almighty bitch fest, with lots of the actual content going down the drain.

So when you write this thread, please don't let it go down the drain, ignore the doubters don't listen to them. If you do then neither side will win and everyone will end up hating eachother.

On that cheery note let the battles commence (your ratio is impressive).

Well, it's more like 1 tread: Malorians battle reports, where Storak is fighting against all others.

SevenSins
05-01-2009, 12:32
Looking forward to some "proper" reports then ;)
Your list is interesting as well (although far to few squigs for my tastes)

theunwantedbeing
05-01-2009, 12:44
No doubt you'll get flattened by a high end tournament list from VC, Daemons or Bretonnians. But that's just what happens at tournaments.

Decent enough list though, nice flexibility.
Quite similar infact to the 2k orcs&goblin list the local player brings (that my dark elves routinely stomp all over...but thats beside the point, he's still learning).

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
05-01-2009, 17:54
No doubt you'll get flattened by a high end tournament list from VC, Daemons or Bretonnians. But that's just what happens at tournaments.

Decent enough list though, nice flexibility.
Quite similar infact to the 2k orcs&goblin list the local player brings (that my dark elves routinely stomp all over...but thats beside the point, he's still learning).

brettonians? Those do not belong in the list of feared opponents. My biggest problems I had far is a raising undeath horde, and the dark elf army with 2 hydras and dragon. But anyway we see what the future will bring.

Also this is just one of the list I will use this year, I also have my other lists. Now it is a matter of trying out which one works best as all comers list.

Greetz
G

GodlessM
05-01-2009, 19:22
I think this is a good thread to have. You give me hope for my Goblin Miners yet.

airhunter_m
05-01-2009, 19:24
will you attend full tilt then on 1 feb

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
05-01-2009, 19:34
will you attend full tilt then on 1 feb

Unfortunatly I can't, well I can but I would end on the bottom anyway:p the day before full tilt it is reverze and I can't miss that party, especialy now I got my hands on VIP tickets :evilgrin:, but I'll do my best to enter as much tournies as possible and in the dutch ranking we have plenty of tournies:) so no worries.

Greetz
G

Felworth
06-01-2009, 02:44
Lords
Black orc warboss, wyvern, shaga's, kickin' heavy armour, shield 434

Heroes
Black orc bsb, boar, heavy armour, spirit totem 180pts
Night Gobbo shaman, lv1, 2 scrolls 100pts
Gobbo big boss, wollopa's, tricksy trinket, chariot 135pts

Core
24 Orc boyz, shield, full command 176pts
21 Night goblins, mu, 2 fanatic 117pts
21 Night goblins, mu, 2 fanatic 117

Special
20 Black orcs, fc, shields, waaagh banner 348pts
2 spear chukka's 70pts
2 spear chukka's 70pts

Rare
1 Giant, 205pts
1 Doom diver 80pts

Hrm. I dunno.

I'll take your word about the army's effectiveness but it seems so dang small and vulnerable to me. With the general fluttering about on his winged lizard the boyz are left to their awful leadership to keep them advancing under enemy gunfire and magic.

I suppose the purpose of the wyvern is to sort out things like enemy artillery of course but one cannon ball and thats the end of that...

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
16-01-2009, 08:41
Hello

@felworth, actually the normal boar boyz also have a ld8 beacause my bsb mostly is with them in the unit. So only the night goblins are stuck with bad leadership but those are expendable and I don't think that opponents will shoot at my night goblins if there is a giant and a wyvern around:p.

Normally I have a game against warriors of chaos tommorow, altough I'm not sure if I take the wyvern list or my army with 15 boar boyz:p

Greetz
G

Embalmed
16-01-2009, 09:13
Interesting, I've long been of the opinion that OnG, like OK, is an army that does well in a non-competitive environment, simply because they are both very balanced books with no brokenness to them.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
23-01-2009, 11:38
Tommorow a game against deamons, psychology is a real pain for greenskins so why not take some savage orcs. I said I was going to use my wyvern list against him but ah well it will be some frenzied orcs. My opponent cast 5 times a turn flickering flames of tzeentch so I think that I will be save with 9dispell dice. Also he used the siren song to get close to his thirster. So I will certainly have to watch out for the herald of slaanesh. My opponent will be bjorc(aka the gray orc) and he is ranked 1st on the dutch ranking, and next week he get his throphy and the title from general from the netherlands.

So any bets on who will win?

Lords
Orc great shaman, lv4, scroll 240pts

Heroes
Black orc bsb, heavy armour, boar, spirit totem 180pts
Night goblin shaman, lv2, itty ring 105pts
Night goblins shaman,lv2, scroll 110pts

Core
20 Savage orc's, additional handweapon, full command 230pts
20 Savage orc's, additional handweapon, full command 230pts

30 Night goblins, full command, netters 145pts
21 Night goblins, short bows, musician, 1 fanatic 89pts
21 Night goblins, short bows, musician, 1 fanatic 89pts

5 Wolfriders, spears, musician 71pts
5 Spider riders, musician 71pts

Special
6 Savage boar big'uns, spears&shield, banner, banner of butchery 237
1 Boar chariot 80pts
2 spear chukka's 70pts
2 spear chukka's 70pts

Rare
1 Doomdiver 80pts
2 Pumpwagons 80pts

total points: 2248
Models:157pts
Powerdice: 10+1 boundspell
Dispell dice:6+3from banner+2 scrolls

Greetz
G

Malorian
23-01-2009, 12:02
I hope to god you win :)

Gharof von Carstein
23-01-2009, 13:48
me 2 as this would be a big step to a good poke vs the naysayers. i do think you have little chance do. if he is big on the tzeentch your in for flamer fun and a lot of running away afterwards.

airhunter_m
24-01-2009, 05:17
i would bet my money on bjorn
i think he only lost 2 times last year with his deamons

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
24-01-2009, 07:53
i would bet my money on bjorn
i think he only lost 2 times last year with his deamons

yup 2 times, well it is time to give him a third loss right:p.

Greetz
G

Golden Lion
24-01-2009, 10:07
Good luck - and do post the report! I'm looking forward to see how you do.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
24-01-2009, 19:35
well I did face deamons.

My opponent brought

Bloodthirster, with infinite hatred, spellbreaker, and mr3
Herald of slaanesh, siren song
Herald of tzeentch, spell breaker

3*10 horros
2*5 furies
3*5 fleshhounds of khorne
2*6 flamers

Well I must say it went rather badly. My opponent did deploy his army on the 2 flanks with only a horror unit in the middle. I spread my army over the entire battle line. A stupid mistake from me, I should also have focussed on the flank so that I could support my troops more. He took first out my units from 21 and the pumpwagons and then he took on the units from savages. My lv4 took2 wounds from fleshhounds, and then the fleshhounds poofed since I had my bsb and a full ranked unit against it. But in the turn after that my lv4 blowed up his head :).

In the end I only had a bsb left, my unit from 30 goblins and that was it, I killed a the herald of slaanesh, a unit furies and a unit fleshounds. So a massacre loss.

Well I learned that I need to keep my troops more together against deamons or at least put all my heavy troops on on flank so that I have a chance. Anyway even I did that the odds where against me cause my opponent is a really good player.

The 28th I will play against the vampires, with the same list but 2 savage orcs more and a fanatic less.

Bets on who will win?

Results so far
Wins:1
Draws:0
Losses:1

Greetz
G

warlord hack'a
29-01-2009, 22:05
here is how I play my orcs and I tell you it's scary when you first do it:

In my 2250 force I have 17 deployment choices (2 pump wagons, 2 snot blocks, 3 units of fast cav, 2 nightgobbo units, 2 chariots, some warmachines, 3 svg orc units and one normal orc unit and my characters). I especially invested in deployment choices as I know that orc elites are not as elite as enemy elites, meaning I have to choose where I want to fight.

Now the biggest challenge is to actually stick to my plan during deployment. Too often do I far outdeploy my enemy, only then to still put my heavy units exactly opposite his heavy units. Wrong move.. I should look at his entire battleline once he is done deploying (most opponents do not get further than 10 deployment choices meaning they will be facing 3 fast cav units, 2 pumpwagons, my warmachines, 2 snot blocks and some night gobbo's and then it's my turn to put down unit number 10) and then put all heavy hitters (chariots, orcs and characters) opposite his weakest point.

so basically it is seldom wise to spread your force from table edge to table edge, O&G units need each other to win, so keep them together.

warlord hack'a
29-01-2009, 22:07
and wow what a win record, I do not play that often and did not keep track, but my win-draw-loss ratio is in favor of winning, but NOT CLOSE to your achievement!

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
30-01-2009, 05:56
The win record in my sig is only with my gobbo army:p but those are collecting dust right now. The game against the vampires was cancelled so I will see what will be the next battle.

Greetz

macd
30-01-2009, 09:45
Tough luck against the demons, but then they're always difficult with orcs and goblins. and I have to say, you're win record is impressive.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
14-02-2009, 17:43
So today we had the last tournament for the clubranking, before the start of the tourny I was ranked 5th but if I played good I could make the 3th place in the end ranking.

Lords
Orc great shaman, lv4, scroll 240pts

Heroes
Black orc bsb, heavy armour, boar, spirit totem 180pts
Night goblin shaman, lv2, itty ring 105pts
Night goblins shaman,lv2, scroll 110pts

Core
21 Savage orc's, additional handweapon, full command 240pts
21 Savage orc's, additional handweapon, full command 240pts

30 Night goblins, full command, netters 145pts
21 Night goblins, short bows, musician 64pts
21 Night goblins, short bows, musician, 1 fanatic 92pts

5 Spider riders, musician 71pts

Special
6 Savage boar big'uns, spears&shield, banner, banner of butchery 237
1 Boar chariot 80pts
2 spear chukka's 70pts
2 spear chukka's 70pts

Rare
1 Doomdiver 80pts
2 Pumpwagons 80pts

total points: 2248
Models:157pts
Powerdice: 10+1 boundspell
Dispell dice:6+3from banner+2 scrolls

My first game was against deamons with a keeper of secrets, but my opponent didn't use his siren songs wisely, and 2 WAAAGH spells didn't help him either. I butchered the deamons completly.

The second game was against ogres who massacred greenskins in his first battle :o. But 3 foot of gork/ warpaths are not healthy for ogres. In the end only his tyrant, a maneater, 3 ogres and 10 gnobalrs survived so a solid for the greenskins :yarr!:.

And the final battle saw me against the new lizardmen. My opponent rolled bad for his magic, but i couldn't get down those 2 stegadons. So in the end it was a draw.

This result for the tourny from today was a 4th place, and with this 4th place it placed me on the 3rd place on the ranking. GO GREENSKINS :D. The 2 guys for me in the club ranking are ranked 1 and 2 on the dutch ranking so it is not a shame for being behind those.

I got a paper with my name on it and a box of leadbelchers as price for the 3rd place.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/476WGG/P1290010.jpg

Wins:3
Draws:1

Greetz
G

Golden Lion
15-02-2009, 14:20
That looks like a very solid list Ghazak. Well done on the wins and draw! Congratulations, but it would be nice to see a fuller report now and then.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
15-02-2009, 16:55
That looks like a very solid list Ghazak. Well done on the wins and draw! Congratulations, but it would be nice to see a fuller report now and then.

I will make a fuller report but I need to take some notes then, so I'll do my best next time:)

Greetz

Gharof von Carstein
16-02-2009, 09:42
if you had to tone that list down to 2000 points, what would you change?

i think the small goblins units in comparison to the 20 strong savage orc units are kinda iffy. Dont you have any trouble keeping those boyz from autobreaking due to fear?

how are those pumpwagons working out for you? would you possibly substitute them for something else?

id really like to pick your brain on the matter of 2k O&G going full magic, isnt it hard to keep your leadership up? Is that great shaman not outfitted with extra magic stuff? it looks like your selling him short. So many questions aaahhhggg!!!!

:)

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
16-02-2009, 15:35
@ Gharof: we don't play 2000pts anymore around here:p, I really don't know what I would take in 2000pts. I had a list that was quite succesfull but that was before the release of the deamon book.

The units from 21 are cannonfodder, or are used to claim a table corner so I don't care about breaking them.

The pumpwagons work great, the 2d6 impact hits are great. Most people do fear them because they move 360 degrees. If iI have to replace the pumpwagons I would take a doomdiver, I used last year a list with 4 chukka's and 2 doomdivers with great succes.

If you go with a heavy magic list I would opt for a orc lv4 and two goblin lv2 and a bsb with the spirit totem. Then you have a decent ld8 and you also have a re roll break test if things go badly. I don't spend many points on magic items cause I find it wasted points in a greenskin army. We can better spend those points on more troops.

If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Greetz

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
26-02-2009, 06:54
@gharof you have luck, I played 2000pts yesterday. I will post the list later today.

Yesterday I played against deamons :). 2000pts

My opponent had
Keeper of secrets,siren song, spell breaker
Herald of slaanesh, steed of slaanesh, siren song
Herald of tzeentch, bsb, banner -2 ld

2*10 horrors
1*10 deamonettes, with banner
1*5 furies

2*6 hounds

1*5 hounds

My opponents gets the first turn and move a little and I dispell al his spells. IN my turn 1 he tries to siren song my snotlings but they can't reach his greater deamon, so the deamon is ready to feel al my shooting on him. With brain bursta I kill 3 flamers, he dispells gorks warpath from my lv4 and scrolls the one from my lv2. My shooting does 4 wounds on his keeper.

In his turn his keeper charges my savage orc unit with my 2 orc mages. His deamonettes with herald charge my snotlings, but they must run trough a fanatic and the kill 5 of them:p. In combat he kills the snotlings and his deamonnetes reach also the big orc unit. in that combat he manages to win only with 2 and with his bsb nearby that means I need to test on -4ld. I roll the dice. A 1 and a 3, the orcs hold.

My turn 2 I make my terror test with my goblins nearby. I move my army close to his army so if I cast the WAAAGH spell that I can charge the rest of his army. Brain bursta kills the 3 other horrors. But then the roll that would decide the fate of both armies. I pick up 4 dice for my level4 and declare I'm going to cast waaagh. I roll 4 dice and I roll 5, 5, 5, 6 a total of 21! He takes up five dispell dice and roll 3 sixes and .... a double 1 :lol:. I shout a very loud WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH and the other guys in the club where looking what was happening and laughed when they say that my entire army moved into combat with deamons. Only 1 deamon unit isn't in combat. So wolfchariot kill his bsb. Pumpwagons kills greater deamon on impact. The deamonnetes and herald that are also in combat with my orcs got charged in the flank, they manage to kill a goblin and a orc, in return I kill 3 deamonettes and the herald says poof. Wolfriders kill a horror unit. Spider riders and another pumpwagon kills his fleshounds. My savage Pig'uns kill of his other unit fleshounds and overrun into his last unit which is killed in his turn3.

Game over. Deamons chrushed in 3 turn.

I have 2700vp's( his army 2000pts, general death, 4 table corners, bsb and a banner).
He has 80pt. He killed only 2 snotling units.

One thing I must say is that my opponent rolled crappy, I made more ward saves with my savages on 6+ then he did on 5+ :).

I'm out with a very loud WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

Wins:4

Greetz
G

Foegnasher
26-02-2009, 12:10
dont believe the hyp on greenskins. they can be effective in the hands of a good general, they are just very unforgiving of mistakes.

it's hard to mess up when you entire army is unbreakable, ITP an has a 5+ ward save.

good luck, noble greenskin. come near me and i'll torch ya.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
26-02-2009, 12:37
dont believe the hyp on greenskins. they can be effective in the hands of a good general, they are just very unforgiving of mistakes.

it's hard to mess up when you entire army is unbreakable, ITP an has a 5+ ward save.

good luck, noble greenskin. come near me and i'll torch ya.

I agree with the fact that can be effective in the hands of a good general, but if you face a player with the same skill with deamons I place my money on deamons. The guy I faced yesterday is a better player then me but if lady luck isn't on your side there is not much you can do about it.

Greetz
G

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
21-03-2009, 19:14
Hi guys,

today I had a 750pts tourny, it was the first tourny for the new clubranking. My list I used was the following:

Heroes
Savage orc big boss, light armour, shield, spear, ironback boar 116pts

Core
12 Savage orc's, additional choppa, boss 135
11 Savage orc's, additional choppa, boss 125

2 snotling swarms 40pts
2 snotling swarms 40pts

Special
6 Squiq hoppers 90pts

Rare
2 Pumpwagons 80pts

Models: 38
Pd:2
Dd: 2

I was planning to take pic's but I was not completly awake this morning so I forgot it. So it was early and sunny. My first game was against high elves and my opponent had Noble on foot, 2*10 archers, 6 dragonprinces, 1*5 swordmasters, 1 bolt thrower. The player was quite new to the game and in my second turn my 2 wolfchariots combo charges his dragon princes. My squiqhoppers kill his bolt thrower, and my general kills his swordmasters with general. The game was done in 30 minutes or so and it was a massacre for greenskins.

20-0

Second battle was against DoW and it was a special scenario( Messengers),my opponent had 1 lv2, paymaster on horse, 2*8 deulist, 2 leadbelchers, 3 maneaters with handguns, 1 cannon.

In this game we had to get a messenger across the boar and the messengers where the only thing that counted for vp's where the messengers.

In turn 2 my opponent forgets that I can call a waaagh and my savages on foot with general roll a 6 and can charge his maneaters together with a chariot. I do 8 wounds so one maneater survives with 1 wound and passes his stubborn test. So his messengers move and are behind my lines and the only unit that can stop them from getting off the table where snotlings. Not good I suppose but in my turn I charge the messenger with my snotlings and I manage to do 2 wounds. My opponent picks up 2 dice and fails both saves. Snotlings kill something in combat :). So I overrun into the second messenger and they also kill them. Meanwhile I got my messengers of the table and killed of most of the dogs of war army. So massacre number two for the greenskins.

20-0

Third battle is against the new lizards, the list contains of ancient stegadon with a mage, and 4*11 skinks. An ancient stegadon is pretty nasty. In his first turn he moved a little and in my turn I move even less. In his turn 2 he moves forward with his stegadon. And in my turn I call a waaagh so my general charges his stegadon and challenges the wizard and my general kills it. Then the stegadon kills my general but he did his job, during the following turns pumpwagons and hoppers kill the skinks. But the stegadon killed quite a lot. So a minor victory for the greenskins.

15-5

After 3 battles I'm ranked first and there where still 2 battles to go.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
21-03-2009, 19:44
My fourth battle was against empire, his list was, 1 captain on barded horse, 10 handgunners, 5 Knights, 2*5 pistoliers, 2*5 outriders. And once again it was a scenario, capture objectives, we all placed 2 markers and 1 marker was placed in the middle. The markers I placed scattered in my deployment zone. So I just placed 2 units that could contest the markers near them. My opponent was completly shooting my army but my general was in a killing mood and killed the handgunners, outriders. And my hoppers killed his other unit pistoliers, so in the end he captured 2 objectives and I got 3 so so 500pts difference so greenskins win once again.

20-0

so after 4 games I have 75vp's and the second one has 65vp's. Anyway I had to play against the guy that was ranked 3rd with 57vp's cause I already played against the guy on the second place( the lizard guy).

Final battle was against high elves, the list consisted of Noble on horse with reaver bow, 10 archers, 5 dragon princes, 1 tiranoc chariot, 2 bolt throwers. This was a boring game my oppent just sat there and shot me down and when my units didn't for a threat anymore he charged them with his knights or chariot. So in the end I loose my entire army so I loose the game.

0-20

The top 3 of the day consisted of

Lizardmen with 85vp's
High elves with 77vp's ( the one I played in the last game).
Orc's and goblins with 75vp's (me)

So because of the loss I fall back to the 3rd place. It isn't a bad place for greenskins and it give me a pretty good start for the new club ranking. My goal this year is to get at least on the 3rd spot( the place I had last year).

Wins: 8
Losses:2

Greetz
G

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
16-04-2009, 08:22
Hi,

well I played 2 battles last night and I will make a short summary cause I don't know the details anymore. For the first battle we choose to play 1900pts.

My list was
Savage big boss, ironback boar, light armour, shield, spear
Black orc bsb, boar, heavy armour, spirit totem
Goblin big boss, chariots, kickin bootz, wollopa's, light armour shield

21 Savage orc's, additional choppa, full command
25 Orc big'uns, shields, full command

21 Night goblins, short bows, musician, fanatic
21 Night goblins, short bows, musician, fanatic
21 Night goblins, short bows, musician

3 Snotling swarms
3 Snotling swarms

5 Wolfriders, spears, mu
5 Wolfriders, spears, mu

7 Squiq hoppers
1 Wolfchariot, extra crew
2 Spear chukka's

4 Trolls

The 1900 game was against empire and he brought a steam tank. Anyway I have the first turn and move a little forward with my troops, my trolls move their full move in the direction of the steam tank, but stay in range from my general. I pick up 2 dice to shoot with my chukka's. I roll 2 5's to hit, then I pick 2 other dice and I roll 2 6's to wound and then I pick up 2 other dice and roll a total of 5 wounds on the steam tank well there we have a nice piece of junk. At least my chukka's have some target to shoot on.

In his turn he manages to get of doom and darkness and he manages to panic a unit night gobbos that where screening my Big'uns. The night gobbos fail to rally.

Then in my 2nd turn I fail no annimosity and my trolls go stupid. A unit with night goblins moves to his knights with warrior priest and the release their fanatic. He goes trough, I roll 6 hits and they all wound. He fails 4 saves and the unit panic's and runs of table.

My squiq hoppers have charged his archers and chew trough them and they overrun in his unit huntsmen. Chukka's do 2 more wounds on his tank.

In his second turn he moves backwards cause my savages are coming quite close and he don't want to receive a charge from them. His shooting kills a troll and they flee and fail to rally since they are out of range of the general. My squiqhoppers eat his huntsmen and overrun in flaggelants.

In my turn I move forward but savages fail annimosity. Snotlings are in front of his cannon, my archers turn to shoot at the steam tank and they manage to kill it . My chukka's then go on and kill 2 handgunners. My squiqhoppers, kill 5flagelants and their champion, I lose none. I win combat but he is unbreakable.

His turn 3, he aims with his cannon for the chariot but the cannonball is not so accurate. His outriders kill 3 Orc big'uns. Oh my hoppers killed 6 flaggelants.

In my turn 4 I declare a waaagh, my archers charge his handgunners, my generals unit move 1", my big'uns move 6" and they go on and charge his outriders who flee and run of table. And my snotling swarms charge his cannon.

Archers win combat and break handgunners but don't catch them, snotlings kill the cannon crew, and hoppers kill 5 more.

My opponents turn 4 saw my opponent rally his handgunners. And his pistoliers kill my snotlings. And in combat I kill 5 more flaggelants, 1 remains know.

In my turn 5 annimosity strikes. My savages with general fail and the archers in front of the handgunners fail also. So I set my big'uns for a flank charge in his swordsmen. And I kill the last flagelant.

In his turn 5 he panic's the archers who run of table. In my turn 6 my savages and big'uns both can't charge. In his turn 6 he miscast and does a wound on his mage and there is no shooting.

So minor victory for the greenskins

Battle 2

The second battle was a 2000pts battle against lizardmen

My opponent had
Priest, EoTG
Priest, EoTG
Skink chief bsb, Ancient stegadon

3*10 skinks
5 Chameleon skinks
2*4 terradons
1*3 Razordons and that's it.

My spells where
Lv4: Gaze, eadbutt, gork's warpath, waaagh
Lv2: Warpath and waaagh
Lv2: Brain bursta, foot of gork
Lv2: Brain bursta, Gork will fix it

I can be short about this game, I really rolled insane. By his turn 4 all his characters where death and most of the stegadons had several wounds, he had 1 remaining razordon, and a unit of terradons. So I first cast a few spells and kill of another stegadon. And then my lv2 eats his powerstone and casts a waaagh all his units are in combat and during the remaining turns they all get slowly killed( especially the stegadons).

Also in my 3rd turn my savage pig'un banner charged his bsb on stegadon and killed it, but then the orc got killed :(.

The game was rather boring for my opponent since I rolled insane, I have never rolled so many 6's in one game I believe and I rolled 5 total power spells. If I roll like that saturday I'm sure I will win that tourny. And this game was a massacre for the greenskins

Wins: 10
Losses:2

Greetz
G

Nuada
16-04-2009, 10:53
Good shooting. Great work against that steam tank, your archers must have rolled well.

Sounds you butchered the lizzies as well. :D

selone
16-04-2009, 14:00
Thats some fairly outrageous luck you have there :D

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
16-04-2009, 14:05
Thats some fairly outrageous luck you have there :D

Yeah the lizards where also butchered

In my club it is called Gentesrolls:p, mostly because I roll most of the games above average:D

Greetz

Malorian
16-04-2009, 14:17
Hey don't knock the win. People often dismiss games they won due to amazing luck and yet are hard on them selves when they lose die to bad luck.

A win is a win and in the world of ying and yang it either means this made up for previous bad luck :D or you have some bad luck coming your way :eek:

selone
16-04-2009, 16:17
I'm not dismissing the win merely mentioning the rolls :) Winning a game or losing because of very good/bad luck is the same to me :)

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
17-04-2009, 08:46
A win is a win and in the world of ying and yang it either means this made up for previous bad luck :D or you have some bad luck coming your way :eek:

Previous bad luck, never had it much in a game. Ah well lets hope it is for after saturday because I have a tourny then:p

Greetz
G

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
18-04-2009, 19:44
I played today a tournament, but I'm rather tired to make a decent write up but I did quite decently with my greenskins. I faced dwarves and I got a draw, then I faced Warriors of chaos who inferal gatewayed my big block with lv4 but I got I minor victory, last battle was against dark elves and I got a minor victory. I was 15th on 60 people.

Greetz
G

Dexter099
19-04-2009, 21:19
16th? Geez, I guess that means O&G are very underpowered. Kinda like how everyone claims Ogres are underpowered.

i hurd dat thur wepun skil iz 1, and thae rnt vary gud.

selone
19-04-2009, 22:15
Yes because a tournament placing setting out to prove a point makes the argument :D

kormas
20-04-2009, 03:41
it is looking good, ths is giving me hope for my gobbos
:p

Malorian
20-04-2009, 05:31
Looking forward to the reports :)

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
20-04-2009, 06:36
It was 15th:p I miscounted, orcs and counting are not a good combination. And I'm quite proud of my result, there where 11 deamon players and 7 vampire players. And the other greenskins that attended where on a 31th and a 59th place. The suprise from the day was probably that an ogre player got the 8th place.

I will maybe write up a report tonight. Next week we have a 1900pts tournament for our club ranking where I'm ranked 3rd after the 1 tournament, my goal is to get to the 1st place on saturday.

Greetz
G

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
23-04-2009, 15:32
Heroes

Savage Orc big boss, ironback boar, light armour, spear, shield 116
Black orc big boss Bsb, heavy armour, boar, Mork's spirit totem 180
Savage orc big boss,light armour, additional choppa, Maad's map 104

Core
21 Savage orc's, full command, additional choppa's 240pts
25 Orc Big'uns, full command,additional choppa warbanner 330pts

21 Night goblins,short bows,2 fanatic's 117
21 Night goblins,short bows, fanatic 92pts

2 Snot swarms 40pts
2 Snot swarms 40pts
2 Snot swarms 40pts

5 Wolfriders, spears,mu, short bows 76pts
5 Wolfriders, spears,mu, short bows 76pts
5 Spider riders, musician, 71pts

Special
2 Spear chukka's 70pts
8 squiq hoppers 120pts
7 squiq hoppers 105pts

Rare
2 Pump wagons 80pts

1898pts
Models: 138

Well saturday we have a 1900 tourny for our club ranking, I really find it a weird number of points but I did find a decent list our at least it is decent. Also I want to try out maad's map on one of my characters, he has 5 s5 attacks so he should be able to take out fast cavalry and warmachines. The plan is for him to hold up the enemy a little( by either march blocking or charging some of his units and I will use one unit of hoppers to support him as soon as possible. I have not played with this list so I will figure out how it works on saturday. Any ideas?

Greetz
G

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
27-04-2009, 07:07
I played saturday for the clubranking but it seemed that I wasn't in a good day or either my list wasn't so good. It was 1900pts.

First game was against other OnG, but there was lots of scenery so our block didn't do much. My scouting lured out his fanatic's and then charged into his big'uns since there where no other targets, he died :unsure:.

This game ended in a hard fought draw.

Second game against high elves, I had a disadvantage since he fielded lots of shooting with one combat block and 2 units dragonprinces, once again my savage orc could scout and was placed in a forest. I was just trying to control the damage since I had not a good chance winning anyway. My savage orc charged his dragon princes with bsb and killed the bsb, next round he died.

The difference in vp's was 404pts in my opponents favour, why didn't rally my gobbos on ld9 in the last turn. This was a minor loss.

Third game was against a new guy who was using a part of my army. I made his list, he didn't know the dirty OnG tricks yet so I can be short I completly butchered him.

Well not really good but except the elf player nobody from the last ranking tourny did well so I'm now ranked 2nd in our club ranking, the elf player is 1st with 3points more then me.

Wins: 11
Draws:2
Losses:3

Greetz
G

selone
27-04-2009, 10:28
Thanks for the update matey :)

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
21-05-2009, 10:09
Hi guys,

saturday we have a 2500pts tourny and I deciced to bring out my full goblin army once again, the goblins will have a tough time since special characters are allowed but there are no deamons or vampire counts. The list isn't set in stone yet it could be that I change some things in the list on the last moment. I will also try to make a report with pic's but not everything is finished in the army, mostly because the 7ed kicked in when I was working on all this stuff.

Lords:
Grom the paunch 255pts

Heroes
Goblin big boss, gigantic spider, light armour, shield 124pts
=>Kickin boots, Martog's best basha

Goblin shaman lv2, chariot 195pts
=>itty ring, scroll

Goblin shaman lv2, chariot 200pts
=>scroll, scroll

Core
36 Red Guard( common goblins, light armour shield), full command 164
36 Red Guard( common goblins, light armour shield), full command 164
36 Night Goblins, netters, full command, 2 fanatic's 213pts
21 Night goblins, short bows, musician, fanatic 92
21 Night goblins, short bows, musician 64pts

2 Snotling swarms 40pts
2 Snotling swarms 40pts
2 Snotling swarms 40pts

5 Spider riders, musician, short bows 76pts
5 Spider riders, musician, short bows 76pts

Special
7 Squiq hoppers 105pts
7 Squiq hoppers 105pts
2 Spear chukka's 70pts
2 Spear chukka's 70pts

Rare
4 Trolls 160pts
1 Doom diver 80pts

Models: 221
Pd: 6+1 boundspell
Dd: 4+3 scrolls

Morituri te salutant ( the goblins say this:p)

Greetz
G

Nuada
21-05-2009, 10:58
Looks like a fun list. I've never seen grom in an army before, should be good. I like your style, 221 models for 2.5K is impressive. Love to see some pics!!! :D

Good luck, hope you do well

BrazenSix
21-05-2009, 22:02
I've never played OnG before, and am just getting back into things... can I ask why you take 21 archers in each unit? Is it just to fill points up to the limit or is there an underlying reason that I don't know about? :D

rtunian
21-05-2009, 22:29
21 is for panic protection. at 20 you panic on 5 deaths, at 21 you panic on 6. so for three more points, you can make the unit a fair bit more reliable.

selone
21-05-2009, 22:30
Indeed as rtunian says thats why all my archers are 21 not 20. 3 points really is worth it.

Malorian
21-05-2009, 22:49
Looks like a fun list:)

I hope it goes well.

BrazenSix
22-05-2009, 00:14
21 is for panic protection. at 20 you panic on 5 deaths, at 21 you panic on 6. so for three more points, you can make the unit a fair bit more reliable.

Ahh, that makes sense. Thank you very much. :)

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
22-05-2009, 06:31
It is indeed for panic protection:), the 3 points are worth it. Sometimes people waste shooting when they are trying to kill the 6th goblin.

Tommorow it is D-day for the goblins, if they do well I will return to my full goblin army after I finished painting my current 2000pts army( or at least painting the orcs from that list).

Greetz
G

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
23-05-2009, 18:44
Hello,

well today was the tourny and special characters where allowed so I was expecting death stars and multiple kairos'es. And there was a guy who was foolish enough to bring a full goblin army to this small event, namely me :D.

The first game was against Khorne deamons

his list was

Skarbrand( yuuy my entire army has hatred,his also but that is a detail)
Herald of khorne on juggernaught, bsb with banner -2ld
Herald of khorne on juggernaught

16 Bloodletters, full command +d6 charge banner
16 Bloodletters, full command
10 Bloodletters
7 Furies
7 Furies

6 Fleshounds
6 Fleshounds
6 Fleshounds

Zap had brain bursta and hand of gork
Kebabi had foot of gork and gork 'ill fix it

My biggest advantage was that I had so many units, he had set up his entire army and I was still deploying cheap stuff, do I still need to say that all my opponent had the +1 to begin.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/476WGG/KopievanP5060001.jpg
This was how the field looked after deploying. My opponnent has the ***** i'm f*cked look on his face. I was going to take more pictures but the batteries died

I had the first turn and I moved forward. I killed 3 Furies with brain bursta, and 2 with the short bows from a spider unit. My foot of gork did nothing, my doom diver did 3 wounds on fleshounds. And a 2 wounds on his bloodthirster. Good first turn.

In his first turn his 2 furies charged my spiders, no idea why. And his other Furies my snotlings in the centre, the rest of his army advanced except his thirster that did went in the forest. His 2 furies died, and his other furies managed to do only 2 wounds on my snotlings. My snotling killed 2 in return and the combat was wound but his furies hold.

In my second turn my wolves on the left positioned to flank the hounds, the spiders went around to rear charge the bloodletters, my trolls advanced a little. Also my hoppers charged in the furies that where locked in combat with the snotlings. Magic sees the wolves charging in the flank of the hounds, and foot of gork does 2 wounds on the thirster. And shooting is once again succesfull for gobbos the doomdiver scatters onto the thirster and does one more wound, my shortbows and chukka's kill 6 bloodletters.

So in combat I need to do 2 wounds against the hounds to be safe, 8 attacks with hatred, what could go wrong. Well everything I fluffed completly and the hound killed 2 gobbos in return, the poor goblins fled in terror as did the spiders in their neigbourhood.

In his turn he moves his fleshounds forward and lures out a fanatic who kill another fleshound. His thirster moves and out the forest and stand in front of my goblin archers. His fleshounds in the center charge my squiqhoppers, his unit from bloodletters with the normal juggernaught charge snotlings and show their flank to my troll and grom.He whipes out both units his fleshound overrun into one of my ard grot mobs. His bloodletters kill the poor snotlings but the get stuck in rocks.

My turn sees the troll charging in his bloodletters, a mage on chariot charges in his fleshounds on my left flank together with my hoppers. Grom turns around to charge the fleshounds that are against my ard grots, my remaining spiders charge his 10 man bloodletter unit in the flank. And my gigantic spider charges the fleshounds in the flank.

My archers aim for the greater deamon, 21 shots, 11 hits and now I need 6's to wound, I pick up my dice and I roll 4 6's, my opponent fails 1 ward save and the might deamons dies.

In combat lots of deamons die( I win all the combats, and only the unit with juggernaught isn't completly whiped out and the unit against the ard grots loses nothing).

In his turn he moves his bsb his unit into safety and once again his hounds hold. The trolls whipe out the bloodletters they are fighting. His fleshounds break the ard grots and the fleshounds overrun into my big night goblin unit.

My turn 5 sees grom charging into his fleshounds and he whipes them out. And this is where the games end cause we run out of times.

My opponent had 671vp's, I had 2336vp's so a massacre for the goblins.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
23-05-2009, 20:28
Second battle was against empire, he played against my other goblin lists and never managed to get a win, the only win he had against me was when I was fielding my wyvern list for the first time. Would he get a chance to get a second win or would he get beaten by the goblins once more.

He was fielding

Karl franz on dragon( boo his take deathclaw :P).
Luthor huss
Warrior priest on horse
Captain on pegasus with some boundspell

11 Handgunners with hochland longrifle
6 Empire knights with full command
11 Empire knight with full command and fear causing banner
5 Pistoliers
5 Pistoliers
5 Outriders
1 Cannon

1 Hellblaster
10 Huntsmen

My opponent got the first turn and he did hide franz and his cannon took out my doomdiver. In my first turn I charge my spiders into his pistoliers but the spiders got shot to pieces. So I deciced to play safe and cast a little and play more safely. My magic killed 2 knights and did a wound on luthor huss. Shooting did nothing.

In his second turn his knights with luthor huss did charge my night goblin archers, and the fanatic killed one more, his other knights did charge my swarms . Luthor and his knights didn't kill enough goblins and the combat ended in a draw. The other knight killed the snotlings and overrun 11" and stopped on one inch from my big night goblin unit and 2 fanatics kill 5 knights.

In my turn the trolls flank charge his knight with luthor huss, and my hoppers charge his other knights, my big block of ard grots charges his pistoliers.

My chukka's kil franz his dragon and franz stands alone in front off grom the paunch. The trolls kill his knights by vomiting on them and they break. My squiqhoppers kill the warrior priest in his knight unit and 3 knights, and the unit breaks and gets run down. My ard grots break his pistoliers and his entire line panic's.

My opponent concedes here, but we resolve what would have happend with franz against grom. Grom did kill franz with killing blow.

So another massacre for the greenskins.

I was on the first spot so what would happen next battle?

Last battle was against high elves, so grom took a ride to Uthlan would history repeat and would grom be beaten by the high elves or would he get his revenge.

His list
Teclis
Noble bsb, horse, and +d6 combat resolution
Noble with reaver bow
Mage lv2, 2 scrolls

10 archers
10 archers
6 dragon princes, with banner that they move trough scenery
6 dragon princes, full command
10 White lions, full command
10 Phoenix guard, full command

3 bolt throwers
1 eagle

He gets the first turn, and his magic kils only 8 goblins shooting kills a bit more. In my first turn my foot of gork kills his eagle, shooting kills 2 dragon princces.

In his second turn teclis kills the wolfriders in front of his unit with magic, and shooting kills a chariot from my mages. His dragon princess without bsb, get a fail charge on my spiders and they show a nice flank to my trolls that are having company from my gigantic spider.

In my second turn grom, and my mage charge into his phoenix guard with teclis. hoppers charge on of his bolt throwers and my troll flank charge his dragon princes.

My shooting is awesome and I whipe out his bsb his unit. His dragon prince doesn't kill a thing so my trolls vomit and kill 3 dragon princes and he breaks and runs into a snotling unit so he is death. My chariots do 12 impact hits and kill 8 elves, his attacks do nothing and grom kills teclis. and my remaining attacks kill the elves. Grom overruns and flank charge his white loins, grom does 7 impact hits and kills 7 elves and 3 more die from grom so the are all death.

The rest is just mopping up.

This game also ended in a massacre. I was the only one with 3 massacres so the goblins win the 3rd club tourny.

Because of the win today I'm ranked first in our clubranking, I'm 2 points ahead of the second player.

Wins: 14

I'm out now and remember goblins are da best.

Greetz
G

rtunian
24-05-2009, 01:04
congratulations!!!
fear the might from the goblins indeed!!!!!

Nuada
24-05-2009, 09:59
Hey great results, especially against those daemons.

That's a good army you've got there :D

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
25-05-2009, 14:47
Hey great results, especially against those daemons.

That's a good army you've got there :D

Yeah all my opponents where suprised by how good goblins could be when they are used on the right way.

Greetz
G

Malorian
25-05-2009, 17:09
First time I've seen Skarbrand :)

Glad your list worked out, and really well too. Those were three big victories there aginst deamons/Franz/Telis :D

And also congrats on being ranked 1st now! :)

Once Bitten
25-05-2009, 17:45
Wow! Great job with the greenskins. Those were some tough lists you were facing.

selone
25-05-2009, 18:00
Skarbrand in a khorne army seems a great idea.. until you realise the khorne heralds give hatred and you're giving the entire opposition hatred. Funny against dark elves though !

Malorian
25-05-2009, 18:22
Skarbrand in a khorne army seems a great idea.. until you realise the khorne heralds give hatred and you're giving the entire opposition hatred. Funny against dark elves though !

Ya, as unfluffy as it is Skarbrand belongs in an army full of deamonettes.

selone
25-05-2009, 18:27
Yeah its weird isn't it, the god he works best with being his mortal enemy.

stonetroll
25-05-2009, 21:36
Ya, as unfluffy as it is Skarbrand belongs in an army full of deamonettes.

That would just be brutal :(.

Nice reports though and big grats on taking the gooblins to #1!

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
25-05-2009, 22:05

hehe:p, well it give the fleshounds hatred and that is something I don't like:), and goblins and snotlings with hatred are fun, my snotlings actually managed to kill something in that game:wtf:.

Also I found it rather lame from my second opponent that he stopped with playing after I killed his big knight unit and franz his dragon.

Up to the next tournament, or to test games with the gobbos. Thursday I have to give in my thesis and after that plenty of time to play games and to paint/ convert the army, then I can finnaly pick up a paint brush again and can I update my painting blog to;).

Greetz
G

Gaargod
26-05-2009, 10:50
Very well done on the tournament. I have to admit, when i saw Teclis in the elves at the top i thought 'this isn't going to end well' but it went remarkably well for you.

By the way, the quote is 'We who are about to die salute you', so wouldn't the latin be 'Morituri te salutamus', even putting it in shortened form?

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
26-05-2009, 12:55
Very well done on the tournament. I have to admit, when i saw Teclis in the elves at the top i thought 'this isn't going to end well' but it went remarkably well for you.

By the way, the quote is 'We who are about to die salute you', so wouldn't the latin be 'Morituri te salutamus', even putting it in shortened form?

My latin is rusty so I don't know, and the quote is wrong anyway cause the goblins didn't die with to many:evilgrin:.

Greetz

Ancre
26-05-2009, 17:30
I think "moritori te salutant" is right because the phrase it is "those who are about to die" and not we, hence the third person. But my latin is rusty too (but I'm pretty sure I read "salutant" in Asterix so I'm confident :) )

And I like the battle reports ! Go gobbos !

Gaargod
26-05-2009, 17:46
well technically, if its 'we who are about to die salute you' it would be

qui morituri essent te salutamus

Or salutant if its 3rd person.

By the way, how the hell do you manage to get your trolls to do what you want so much? They tend to do whatever they want whenever i use them

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
27-05-2009, 09:05
well technically, if its 'we who are about to die salute you' it would be

qui morituri essent te salutamus

Or salutant if its 3rd person.

By the way, how the hell do you manage to get your trolls to do what you want so much? They tend to do whatever they want whenever i use them

I keep my trolls close to the general, or if they are not in range I keep my big spider in their unit so that they still have ld7, when they are out on a flank. It is a gamble but it isn't worse then annimosity, I believe that I failed stupidity once or 2 in that tourny.

Saturday I will try to get in another game with the gobbos.

Greetz
G

BooMeRLiNSKi
27-05-2009, 10:11
Keep up the good work on your fantastic reports :)

Cor blimey it's hard giving everybody the credit for these reports they deserve!

Maldred2
27-05-2009, 19:40
I think "moritori te salutant" is right because the phrase it is "those who are about to die" and not we, hence the third person. But my latin is rusty too (but I'm pretty sure I read "salutant" in Asterix so I'm confident :) )

correct! here's the wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ave_Caesar_morituri_te_salutant

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
23-06-2009, 13:50
Hello guys,

tommorow I have a battle against empire. It will be a 1500pts battle and I will use my list that I will use saturday in our 4th club tourny where I'm still ranked first after my victory with my all gobbo list. My opponent will probably field the feared steam tank.

centre part"

Black orc big boss, heavy armour, shield, Martog's best basha 106pts

25 Orc boyz, shields, full command 180pts

30 Common goblins, shield, full command 140pts

"weak flank"

21 Night goblins, short bows,musician, fanatic 92pts

2 Spear chukka's 70pts

1 Doomdiver 80pts

"hook"
Goblin big boss, chariot, light armour, shield, wollopa's one hit wunda, kickin boots 144pts

Goblin shaman lv1, 2 scrolls, chariot 165pts

6 Savage Pig'uns, spear,shield, musician 205pts

7 Squiq hoppers 105pts

Models: 117
Pd: 3
Dd:3+2 scrolls

Greetz
G

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
25-06-2009, 08:35
Hello guys,

so I played the game yesterday.

My opponent had

Warrior priest on horse
Captain on pegasus, full plate armour, pistol, lance, doomfire ring.
Lv2 wizard, power stone

20 Swordsmen, full command
10 Hangunners, hochland longrifle
5 Knights, full command

5 Out riders
5 Out riders
5 Pistoliers

1 Steam tank

My opponent won the roll to choose table, but I won the roll to have the first turn and of course I took it.

My turn one and I pass all my annimosity test, and my centre both rolls a 6 and move up both 6". I move my wolfriders forward and the rest of the army advances slowly. I skip magic. Then my shooting face, on of the people that was standing around the table said I couldn't do 5 wounds to the steam tank like last time that. I guess with my doomdiver 34" right on top of the steam tank, I roll a hit and I roll 6 hits, I take up my dice and I roll them. When I look to the dice I see that the tank has 5 wounds, again. My chukka's do 2 more wounds on the tank.

In his turn my opponent charges with his knights into the wolfriders, and the flee. And my opponent comes 1" short to hit the boar boyz just like I planned. He moves a little. his shooting kills the chariot from my shaman, and a unit wolfriders. The night goblins next to the wolfriders fail their panic test and run of table, there goes my weak flank.

My second turn and my orc boyz roll again a 6 and again a 6 to move and are now standing in front of the outriders. The big boss in chariot charges his captus but he flees My Pig'uns charge the knights and the orc boyz charge his outriders. I kill both units and his pistoliers panic and flee. My shooting does 3 more wounds on the tank.

Second turn from my opponent

In his turn he rallies his captus, and he shoot on my ard grotz with his handgunners, he kills one our 2 and his outriders kill my big boss in chariot.

3rd turn, my orcs roll again a 6 to move and made the wheel so that they can charge the handgunners, my ard grots also move 6inch and charge his swordsmen, I win both combats and I run both units down.

My opponent concedes since he only has left 5 outriders and 1 captus.

Wins: 15

Greetz
G

rtunian
25-06-2009, 19:07
owned!

1 question: why did you start/resume incorporating orcs in the list?

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
25-06-2009, 21:17
Well I don't know, I had the list lying on my desk but I never used it so it was time it got used for the first time:p

Greetz
G

Golden Lion
26-06-2009, 08:14
Thanks for the reports Ghazak! That was some animosity gone right, no question.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
28-06-2009, 20:22
Hi,

Yesterday I had the 4th tourny for our clubranking.

my first battle was against bretonnia, he was a new player which I had learned to play last saturday. I can be short about this game, he got surrounded by my army and I just hit his troops everywhere flanks, rears fronts. It was a complete massacre.

20-0

Second battle was against lizardmen with 20 terradons, 1 ancient stegadon with chief and warspear, and some stuff. I really tought I would lose this game but my opponent made a fatal mistake by not fleeing with his skinks when they charged them, cause now I could overrun in his terradons. And like always gork and mork smiled on me and I rolled enough to hit his terradon unit, the other unit paniced from a well placed doomdiver shot and they landed on my chariot so they died ( chariot with character). In the end it was a solid victory for the greenskins.

17-3

3rd battle was against the empire guy I tested my list against, and since I wanted to give him a fun battle I asked him to switch armies, he told me once he wanted to play with greenskins on a tourny, so why not give him a chance while they where on table one.

I must say if you play with a rather small army a horde is indeed impressive to see and it looks rather scary. When I was using the greenskins I found that my list was rather small but then with the empire I knew it was scary to face a horde.

I totally messed up the deployment with my outriders which meant they died early in the game, and the game was going his way till I had a good round of shooting which say his orc unit fleeing into my pistoliers, and the steam tank that crashed in the goblins sealed the fate of his army. In the end he only had a doomdiver left and the savage boar boyz that where chasing after a pegasus. In the end it was a minor victory. 15-5

So I won the tourny and I'm still ranked first on our clubranking with a gap of 7pts

Wins: 17

Greetz
G

Golden Lion
29-06-2009, 08:43
Congratulations then! Good to see you manage to win AGAINST your own army as well hehe. Some more pictures and more detailed reports would be cool as well though!

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
29-06-2009, 09:17
Congratulations then! Good to see you manage to win AGAINST your own army as well hehe. Some more pictures and more detailed reports would be cool as well though!

Yeah I will do my best to make once a decent report, but my memory is sometimes fuzzy:p

Greetz
G

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
16-07-2009, 07:35
Lords
Black orc warboss, wyvern, heavy armour, enchanted shield, best boss at, shag's screaming sword 446

Heroes
Orc shaman, lv2, staff of sorcery 130
Orc shaman, lv2, dispell scroll, dispell scroll 150
Goblin shaman, lv2, wolf, itty ring 122

Core
12 Savage big'uns, add choppa, boss 183pts
12 Savage orc's, add choppa, boss 135pts
12 Savage orc's, add choppa, boss 135pts

5 Spiders, short bows, musician 76
5 Spiders, short bows, musician 76
5 Wolf riders, spears,short bow musician 76

21 Night goblins, short bows musician 67pts
21 Night goblins, short bows musician 67pts
2 snotling swarms 40pts
2 snotling swarms 40pts

Special
6 Savage pig'uns, spears, shield, musician 205
4 squiq herds( 12 squiqs, 8 herders) 120
2 spear chukka's 70
2 spear chukka's 70

Rare
1 Giant 205pts
1 Doom diver 80pts

Models: 143
Power dice: 8+1 boundspell
Dispell dice: 5+2 scroll+ 1 on dispell atemps

I used the list against high elves yesterday and I massacred them completly. I was rather lucky, in turn 1 he lost his general and half a unit of dragon princes. In my second turn I failed to kill the star dragon, but he was down to one wound and in his second turn the star dragon charged a savage unit and unit champion killed it.

His second unit dragon princes had a fail charge since my goblins fled ( like all smart gobbos would do :P) and now he was in charge range of my giant and my giant to start jump up and down which saw 4 dragon princes dying. The two other ran into a bunch of spiders. His last unit dragon princes positioned to charge my savage big'uns. But my goblin shaman moved quickly around them an set him so that if he could cause a panic test on them that they fled from the table. I killed two and he rolled 12 for his panic test.

In the end he had 10 archer and an eagle left. And his bolt thrower crew killed my wyvern, after that they had done 4 wounds on it with shooting.

He had 1085 vp's and I had 2590vp's

Wins: 18
Losses:4

Malorian
17-07-2009, 03:55
6 Savage pig'uns, spears, shield, musician 205

I can see the conversions now... :p:D

Nice that you gave dem elves da smack down. They need it now and then ;)

Crazy that your champ killed a star dragon. That boy needs to be promoted something quick!

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
17-07-2009, 07:30
Well not so crazy if you consider that he only had 1 wound left, but indeed a good job from my champion.

Greetz
G