PDA

View Full Version : Serious first attempt a new Lizards 2k.

blackjack
04-01-2009, 21:43
Ok, here is my frist serious attempt at new Lizzies. Competitive as I can make it with no named characters.

Slann
1extra power die per spell cast
Knows entire lore
Re roll miscasts
Power Stonex3
Diadem
BSB

Skink Priest
Level 2
Engine of the Gods

Skink Priest
Level 2
Extra Spell
Engine of the Gods

Scar vet
Armor
Shield
Great Weapon
Frog Poison

3 Teradons
3 Teradons

15 Temple Guard
Full Command

10 ranked Skinks

10 ranked Skinks

10 Ranked Skinks

1997pts

Slann and Scar vet go with the Temple guard. Terradons kill warmachines and march block. Skinks redirect, claim table quarters and fill core requirements.

12 power dice, 8 dispel dice, but the diadem, 3 power stones, +1 die per spell for the slann, in additionn to -1 to cast lore of heavens and the lore the slann chooses increases this alot.

Suggestions welcome.

weirdo2590
04-01-2009, 21:50
well given that the rest of us, (and you?) as of yet have no access to the lizardmen army book we cant realy help you can we. *sigh*

From what I can tell you I worry you've maxed out magic too much aside from your 1 temple guard block (who are realy just to shield the slann) your only other combat comes from your stegadons that mount the engines of the gods and if we assume those to be anicnets (as they'll probably have to be) it means they loose combat prowess from what we've seen.

As another point you seem to be trying to bring back the JSoD with your scarvet. Dont. It doesnt work without the crazy movement given by the charm of the jaguar so useless as he is there (well not useless but pretty doomed unsuported as he seems to be).

blackjack
04-01-2009, 23:12
well given that the rest of us, (and you?) as of yet have no access to the lizardmen army book we cant realy help you can we. *sigh*

It is available to anyone who wanders into a GW store. It's been on display for over a week.

Guanyin
04-01-2009, 23:37
Closest GW store 200+ miles away :(

But surely the EotG takes up an extra hero slot? no?

blackjack
05-01-2009, 02:06
I may be missing something but I think not.

EOTG is a skink priest hero mount and nothing more.

Airmaniac
05-01-2009, 09:15
According to the rumour round up page here, yes the Engine of the Gods takes up an additional hero slot, which makes this list illegal. You can't get a Slann Mage Priest and 2 Skink Priests on Engines of the Gods in games lower than 3k points. :(

mossel
05-01-2009, 12:32
if blackjack has read the new army book, I think he'll know what he's doing.

I fear your list will lack any combat ability. The only real hitting power is in the temple guard and the stegadons. but these are the 3 units that contain your casters (if I'm not mistaken).

Maybe give it a try and then try to get rid of any minor problems you might have with the list?

Goruax
05-01-2009, 19:52
It is available to anyone who wanders into a GW store. It's been on display for over a week.

Yours maybe, but I know mine doesn't.