PDA

View Full Version : Are Khorne Juggernauts monstrous mounts?

CrownAxe
05-01-2009, 03:57
I'm asking because i want to know if you have to roll 5+ to hit the herald if he takes a Juggernaut

sulla
05-01-2009, 04:32
Nope, just a normal US2 cav mount on a bigger base. As well as extra attacks, it gives the rider +3 to his armour save instead of the usual +1 or 2.

Nurgling Chieftain
05-01-2009, 04:33
Note that this is determined by the fact that the mount only has one wound. (Well, that and their rules state it...)

Neckutter
05-01-2009, 07:23
read the chaos book for crying out loud. its in the section that talks about how big their base is, etc.

the WoC and DoC juggernaut is just a big horse.

nosferatu1001
05-01-2009, 10:53
All daemonic mounts are counted as single wound cavalry mounts, all of them - why single out jsut the Khornate one?

This isn't really a rules question, it's a I haven't read the rules at all question....

Morglum5780
05-01-2009, 20:09
he pretty clearly stated that he is not the one playing chaos. he came here and asked a question. either answer it or leave. i think you 2 guys that were rude should buy him the freaking book...

nosferatu1001
05-01-2009, 21:45
he pretty clearly stated that he is not the one playing chaos. he came here and asked a question. either answer it or leave. i think you 2 guys that were rude should buy him the freaking book...

Where? His post is just:

I'm asking because i want to know if you have to roll 5+ to hit the herald if he takes a Juggernaut

please show me where in there it says "I don't play Chaos". Grade school reading should suffice. How about you buy him the book for being a dumbass?

Brother Vyze
05-01-2009, 22:04

It seems someone is lacking the grade school reading they are advocating.

Lord Zarkov
05-01-2009, 22:27
He as in the Herald.

nosferatu1001
06-01-2009, 05:30
Exactly - "he" in this context means the herald.

So no, he pretty clearly didn't say he doesn't play Chaos.

Neckutter
06-01-2009, 06:08
the new rules mean that daemonic mounts(for both Daemons and WoC) are just large horses with US2. the old rules of 6th ed chaos should be ignored.

if i was rude, then im sorry. however helping yourself is always golden.

shredshredxx
06-01-2009, 10:16
if he played chaos, he quite obviously wouldn't be asking about whether or not he has to roll a 5+ to hit said chaos.

anyway, yea, they do indeed count as a cavalry base.

Neckutter
06-01-2009, 10:32
so youre saying that 100% of the people who play armies read their book through and through and arent lazy?

EVERY single dwarf player ive come across likes to give their characters great weapons with the rune of "i strike first". or the infamous "im using my runic weapon and another hand weapon"

blindingdark
07-01-2009, 15:24
It is not clear to me that he is asking as though he does not play Chaos, however being rude when someone asks a question is a bit mean. not everyone has a good memory for a start (im one of them!) and not everyone reads the books religiously every week, so they no the exact wording of a rule. I own, and have read all the books, but I coudlnt tell you how a screaming bell works, or how many units are in teh ogre book.

The books are for playing the game, not earning a degree. give the guy a break.
just because he missed something, doesnt mean he should get stick for it.

nosferatu1001
07-01-2009, 19:34
However asking a rule that is clearly written in your book isn't a great use for a rules forum - this should be about those rules that are less than clear. It invites understandable derision.

Neckutter
07-01-2009, 20:54
hey, i said i was sorry. if i also jumped down blinding's throat, then im sorry to you too. in the future i will temper my replies so i dont get into flame wars.

my point is that if he was the chaos player, it is an easy rule, and one of the new things that has changed. it also is featured in the WD where they talk about the mounts being one of the principle changes to the book.