PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts Skaven (1st Attempt)

Coram_Boy
05-01-2009, 11:34
Heroes
Warlock Engineer, All gear but pistol, Storm Daemon (110)
Warlock Engineer, All gear but pistol, Dispel Scroll (110)
Chieftan, BSB, War Banner, Heavy armor (99)

Core
25 Clanrats, Full Command, Ratling Gun (210)
25 Clanrats, Full Command, Ratling Gun (210)
5 Night Runners (25)
5 Night Runners (25)
20 Slaves (40)
20 Slaves (40)
20 Clanrats, Standard Bearer (110)
Special
20 Plague Monks, Full Command, Additional Hand Weapon (185)
5 Jezzails (100)
5 Jezzails (100)
Rare
8 Plague Censer Bearers (136)
Total 1501 Pts

I am a bit worried that this is a bit SAD: advice/criticsm would be greatly appreciated. (note: 1st Edit)

==Me==
05-01-2009, 11:47
10 Jezzails together are begging to get scared off the board, Ld5 isn't so hot after all. I'd drop the Gutter Runners and get 2 units of 5 Jezzies.

If Ogre players don't like using Bulls, why should we? :p I'd rather have another unit of Clanrats. With the points saved from the GRs you could afford 25 more rats and 20 slaves. Any leftover points can go to some Poisoned Wind Globies or Giant Rats.

Some PCBs wouldn't hurt either.

Coram_Boy
05-01-2009, 12:08
The thing with the ogre bulls is that I need a hard hitting unit in my army, as aside from the plague monks, almost all my units rely on combat res to stick around and win. Can you suggest a unit to replace them? I dont want to use up the rare slot with PCB's.

==Me==
05-01-2009, 15:07
But Bulls suck, Ironguts are better in every way if you must use Ogres. For hammer units, Skaven don't have much, we win through outnumbering, holding the enemy in place with one block and flanking with another (or just shooting/magicking into combat :p). PCBs are probably one of the hardest hitting units in the list, much better in combat than Ogre Bulls and a WLC (awesome unit btw).

Coram_Boy
05-01-2009, 15:31
OK, I will try it out then.

fubukii
05-01-2009, 15:49
Well i would suggest a few things for the list overal, those being the following:
- Give the warpstone charm to the warlock with the storm daemon, the reroll is priceless to prevent a miscast, a bad warped lightning roll, or a 1 on a warpstone token.
- id try to fit a second scroll on the warlock if possible
- the bsb is ok, the only problem is you have 3 characters and only 2 units of clanrats to put them in. I guess you could put the bsb in the monks who are pretty weak in cc, and have no armor. Id suggest if you want a something hitty, take a plaguepriest with a plaguecenser and either warpstone amulet, foul pendant, or regeneration. Warpstone amulet bands of power is a good combo on the censer wielding plague priest. a 3rd warlock is also a better choice then the bsb.
- Give the plague monks a magic banner, either umbranner, or warbanner. Make the unit a little bigger if you insist on taking them
- drop the weapon teams, I have no idea why people insist on taking them. 1 unit on a hill or 1 magic spell will kill them off insanely fast, in addition you are spending 120 pts on 2 wounds that will die insanely easy, unless your enemy does not have much in the ways of shooting or magic.
- Gutter runners, drop slings, give them tunnel and posioned hand weapons, charge enemy wizards or warmachines.
-make the slaves 21-25 strong and give them a musician this will help reduce panic checks and help keep them on the table
- drop the ogres, take either a WLC, or plague censer bearers.
- drop 1 jezzail if needed