PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2K Linebreaker

Buddha777
05-01-2009, 20:54
Meanwhile my Calvary herds them into a corner, my warriors and remaining marauders form the anvil. Should have enough magic protection but I'm counting on my anvil section to survive long enough to corral an enemy. Tell me what you think.

Heroes: 590
Sorcerer of Chaos (220): Disk, Lvl 2, MoT, Infernal Puppet, Third Eye of Tzeentch

Sorcerer of Chaos (185): Disk, Lvl 2, MoT, Book of Secrets

Sorcerer of Chaos (185): Disk, Lvl 2, MoT, Power Familiar

Core: 622
20 Marauders (150): MoS, Light Armor, Shields, Full Command

20 Marauders (150): MoS, Light Armor, Shields, Full Command

12 Warriors (232): MoS, Shields, Full Command

5 Warhounds (30)

5 Warhounds (30)

5 Warhounds (30)

Special: 780
5 Chaos Knights (260): MoN, Musician, Standard Bearer

Total: 1992
10PD/5DD

bork da basher
05-01-2009, 21:06
without giving offense i dont think this is a linebreaker list at all. wulfrick and his marauders although nasty arnt as easy to deploy as you might think and especially against gunlines who naturually castle themselves up in corners you will be hardpressed to get in behind them unless your opponant makes a mistake with his deployment. dont forget you will have to suffer a turn of close range firing too before you can get at the enemy, a vollygun or organ gun or whatever will shred you, be careful with this unit.

your cavalry again i dont believe there is enough of it to survive enough intact to break through. id forget the chaos warriors entirely and go for knights, 4 units of knights will easily make it accross the table and lay waste to the gunline. i know because ive tried it, you get punished for a turn but then its curtains for him.

it can work but its a bit too touch and go to be an effective linebreaker.

id also seriously recommend putting those sorcerers on discs to get into range and add some magical support to your knights. drop the puppet and get a power familiar and if possible a book of secrets for the extra PD otherwise your two mages arnt going to be getting many spells off. what you really want is pandemonium combined with your knight charges against lower LD troops and often as not the typically small units of missile troops will just run off.

Buddha777
06-01-2009, 01:03
Thank you for the reply. I edited my list above and tried to make as many of the suggested changes as possible.

I suppose you're right on wulfric but my thinking was also psychological for my opponent in determining how and where they deployed.

With the new list I focused on my Knights and mages as the main hitters. My playstlye and army taste really won't let me drop the infantry (even if they aren't as effective on the field) and go all Calvary.