PDA

View Full Version : Soft Slaanesh 2k

jahorin
06-01-2009, 01:18
This is the list I'm thinking of running at a local tournament, is it viable? Is it too soft? Does a mono-slaanesh list need a Keeper of secrets? Thanks for reading and please comment.

Herald of Slaanesh, General; Level 1 Wizard;
Allure of Slaanesh; Siren Song

Herald of Slaanesh (Battle Standard Bearer)
Great Icon of Despair
Allure of Slaanesh

Herald of Slaanesh; Level 1 Wizard;
Chariot of Slaanesh
Etherblade

17 Daemonettes of Slaanesh, full command
Banner of Ecstasy
(general goes here)

17 Daemonettes of Slaanesh, full command

10 Daemonettes of Slaanesh

10 Daemonettes of Slaanesh

6 Seekers of Slaanesh; musician, standard
Siren Standard

6 Seekers of Slaanesh; musician, standard
Siren Standard

2 Fiends of Slaanesh

2 Fiends of Slaanesh

Total Cost: 1997

PD : 4 DP : 4 Model Count :74

==Me==
06-01-2009, 02:40
I'd say too soft, you don't have much magic defense, negligible offense, and no real way of dealing with armor. I'd swap out for the Standard of Sundering for some extra protection and kit your Heralds out with Etherblades and/or chariots to go after the big stuff. Use those unit with the Banner of Ecstasy to hold them in place, then come in with chariots and mess them up with 4 S4 attacks ignoring armor and D6 S5 attacks.

blackjack
06-01-2009, 02:42
Try and find rooom for a KOS, your army desperatly needs some high str attacks.

jahorin
06-01-2009, 13:36
Thanks for the comments. I could try to put the general on a chariot with etherblade. Give siren song to the bsb, and put the standard of sundering to boost my magic defense.

I know that the Keeper would add the much needed punch in the army but I wanted to try to field a competitive list without a greater deamon. More comments would be appreciated, if I have no other choice I will field a greater deamon, to be competitive.