PDA

View Full Version : dark elf help

mightymconeshot
06-01-2009, 02:54
I have started a dark elf list. It is themed toward cosair raider list.

I got 10 last edition cold ones at half price at gamesday. I am planning a 2k list. How many would you advise I take and also how to outfit them.

Freenut
06-01-2009, 03:28
I use 2 units of five. Put lord and BSB in one and give them the ASF banner and Ring of Hotek to champ. Other unit gets Standard of Slaughter and Deathpiearcer for Champ. Both can easily carve up most anything you put in fornt of them.

mightymconeshot
06-01-2009, 04:03
thanks should i use more then 10 however

Freenut
06-01-2009, 04:10
No, as that gets to bit costly points wise (and 10 knights fully kitted out will cost plenty as it is) not to mention the more you take the more stupidity could become an issue. You want to have enough points for surport units to help take out threats to you knights. Also save some special slots for shades.

Neckutter
06-01-2009, 07:23
i use two units of 6 CO knights, but i add in a prince so for a total of 7 elves. i usually lose one or two do to shooting, and im looking at charging into combat with 4 knights, and a character.

null talismans are nice too. i give 2 to my BSB, because i dont feel like paying 250 points for a fully kitted out prince with hydra banner cold one and armor and stuffs.

anyways, my army is themed in that it has a lot of "reptile" things in it.(karond kar army?)

my crossbowmen are actually corsairs with handbows(they have scaley cloaks), the bulk of my army is the aformentioned cold one knights, i bring two hydras, and a lord on dragon(HE version i made into a sea serpent)