PDA

View Full Version : How Would you Comp this Orcs and Goblins list?

studderigdave
07-01-2009, 08:39
i am currently building the list detailed below, and im just curious how you would mark it if you played against it in a tourney. i dont intentionlly make power builds, i kinda just throw the stuff i like together. so tell me what you think:

OnG (2250)

Black Orc Warboss (general)

- Loaded to the Teef
- enchanted shield
- umm's best 'at
- kickin boots

Black Orc Big boss (BSB)

- Loaded to the Teef
- Heavy Armor
- Spirit Totem

Night Gobbo Shaman

- lvl 1
- dispell scroll

Night Gobbo Shaman

- lvl 1
- dispel scroll
- nibbla's itty ring

19 Orc Boyz (BSB goes here)

- Big uns
- HW
- Shield
- Full Command

29 Night Gobbos (shaman goes here)

- Spears
- Shields
- Nets
- 3 Fanatics
- Full Command

29 Night Gobbos (shaman goes here)

- Spears
- Shields
- Nets
- 3 Fanatics
- Full Command

10 Arrer Boyz

- Musician

10 Arrer Boyz

- Musician

5 Spider Riders

- Bows
- Musician

5 Spider Riders

- Bows
- Musician

19 Black Orcs (General goes here)

- Loaded to the Teef
- Shields
- Full Command
- Gorks's WAAAAGH Banner

Spear Chukka

- Bully

Spear Chukka

- Bully

Spear Chukka

- Bully

Spear Chukka

- Bully

Giant

i talked with a good friend about the list and he gave me some opinions. he would hit me on:

2 x max fanatics
4 x spear chukkas

but he said i would make points for having:

7 core choices
not using all special and rare
using arrer boyz
general on foot

he gave me a 4.75 outta 5 if he could use numbers like that.

what do you think?

Spoonie
07-01-2009, 09:20
I pretty much agree with him on the things you'd get hit for. Overall I don't think it's too bad, but also understand that if you stomp somebody, having multiples of something that screwed them over means they're not really going to count how many core you have.

Cambion Daystar
07-01-2009, 09:26
Very nice list. I'd give you max comp. Anyone whining over the 2x max fanatics and the 4 spear chuckas needs to bashed over the head. What's next, whining that you have 2 whole units of arrer boys. Soo overpowered...

Army comp doesn't mean gimping your army on purpose.

Nicha11
07-01-2009, 10:55
You're playing orcs and goblins.... max comp is almost guaranteed!:angel:

kris.sherriff
07-01-2009, 11:02
I would not even hit you for the fanatics as you have big units for them to go in, its not like they are min maxed.

Kris

jpf1982
07-01-2009, 11:29
Agreed with those above. Having played O&G against many if not all of the newer armies released over the last year or so this type of build doesn't even make me blink. I as consequence run a lot more fanatics and orcs; but still it's pretty much a giant farce that those will help us win games. I think the list looks fine and anyone hitting you harder than 4.5 out of 5 is a #%@bag....

Rodman49
07-01-2009, 12:29
You're playing orcs and goblins.... max comp is almost guaranteed!:angel:

Quoted for truth.

studderigdave
07-01-2009, 12:44
thanks for all the input. i understand that OnG are a soft army to play, especially in todays standard. i was inpsired by a local player who took OnG to 2 local tourneys and won them both. his list was sorta like mine

savage orc warboss w/ best basha, +1 T armor and -1 to hit in CC
goblin BSB makes gobbos in unit poison
2 lvl 1 shamans with a scroll each
3 x 30 night gobbos with full command, nets and 2 x fanatics each
4 spear chukkas with bullies
20 black orcs with full command
2 giants

i saw this guy face off aganst demons and then dark elves personally and win against them both.

anyways, thanks for the input. i sorta thought there was no way i would get hit on comp unless i went with 8 units of NG's with max fanatics and 8 x spear chukkas.

Wulfrik
07-01-2009, 13:15
I agree with the above sentiments. The list is more than fair, not heavy-handed towards anything ( except perhaps spider riders and spear chukkas, but that can't even be considered "heavy handed"!), the fanatics are in nice big blocks instead of min-maxxed, you've got a good mix of things, and the infantry characters. Anyone that gives you crap about that list needs to be slapped silly. Best of luck at your tourney!

Lucky24/7
07-01-2009, 14:56
good luck at the tourney!

Comp score should be fine but...I have feeling it lacks a littel umph.

You should get a top score tho and depending how much of the soft scores make up the comp then it may be worth while.

But peronally the U.K/world needs a standarised comp system that would prove fair and just. but thats a whole other debate

Felworth
07-01-2009, 15:27
19 Orc Boyz (BSB goes here)

- Big uns
- HW
- Shield
- Full Command

Comp score aside, don't do this.

At least once a game your BSB is going to murder D6 of your very expensive but strangely not particularly well armored Big'uns. The guys who are providing the ranks needed to keep your magic defenses up. With one loss your magic defense will plummet. Also, the enemy my be unkindly to say, shoot at this unit, further degrading your magic defenses.

This is not a good thing.

studderigdave
07-01-2009, 15:29
thats a good point, should i slide the BSB into the black orc unit?

Felworth
07-01-2009, 15:40
thats a good point, should i slide the BSB into the black orc unit?

See, the the problem here is Blorcs already attract an inordinate amount of firepower do to looking intimidating. So your going to be losing ladz from here quickly which will again affect your magic defenses.

I'd suggest either a large mob of cheap Orc boys for the BSB or place him in a Night Gob unit. With nets his chances of being harmed decreases and who is going to waste blasting away at Night Goblins when there are Blorcs, giants, Big'uns, etc on the battlefield?

Plus, comp wise, need someone to keep the lil runts in line...

Braad
07-01-2009, 17:48
Silly you...

Black orc BSB in a unit of Big 'Uns, where the black orc carries a 50 pt magic banner.
If you give that banner to the boyz instead, you allow for magic weapons, armour etc on the big boss, you don't loose the banner if the boss gets sniped, you can move your boss out of the unit if the BSB-effects are needed elsewhere without loosing the dispel dice.

Also, his black orc skills are not really necessary, and he starts to kick heads in a unit that needs its ranks for one of its more important purposes... Make him normal orc.

I'm not gonna calculate exact points, but other changes I would aim in this direction:
-Drop 1 or 2 fanatics (but not more than 3 total)
-Drop the 'itty ring
-Either drop 1 chukka, or drop 2 or 3 and add a lobba
-Add unit of 25 boyz

I don't see the fanatics being a mayor part of this army, so you'd better use them as harasment, not as a fully fledged tactic.
The itty ring is always a difficult one. The effect is nice, but if you do a wound on yourself in turn one, by the ring or another means, using it becomes dangerous. You could also put it on an orc shaman, to reduce the self-killing effects.
4 chukka's might be a bit overkill. Drop 1 to free up some points for an extra block of boyz. Dunno why, but I think you could use good big second block of boyz. You could also drop 2 chukka's more and take a lobba instead. I found that lobbo's are very nice against especially cavalry, since a good opponent will rarely expose their flanks to your chukka's. Always keep a couple though, as they are good at keeping opponents dragons where you want them.

studderigdave
07-01-2009, 17:57
i dropped the black orc BSB entirely, bumped the big uns to 20, gave them the spirit totem as a magic banner. then i added a night gobbo hero, made him a BSB with the raggedy banner that lets them (and all other gobbo units within 12 inches) re roll panic checks.