PDA

View Full Version : Improved 2k Lizzards.

blackjack
07-01-2009, 15:06
Ok feeling slightly more confident with this version.

16 Temple Guard full Command

10 Spear Saurus
10 Spear Suarus
10 Spear Suarus
10 Spear Suarus

10 Skirmish Skinks
10 Skirmish Skinks
10 Skirmish Skinks
10 Skirmish Skinks

6 Cold ones
6 Cold ones

Naked Slann with +1 power die per spell.
Level 2 Skink w Diadem
either a
Level 2 Skink w Scroll
or a
Scar vet w Light armor, Great Weapon, Frog Poison, Frenzy amulet.

2000pts even.

Malorian
07-01-2009, 20:11
I don't think it's worth putting the spears on the saurus. Most of the time you will be breaking your opponent on the charge, and with loses from shooting/magic (plus when you deploy wider than 5) you won't have many models actually using spears while you've made your save one worse.

Dropping those would save you 40 points.

For the scarvet the new nike saurus is the one on the horned one. You might want to look into that as well as putting a warbanner on your temple guard or make your slann a BSB (if you can).

blackjack
07-01-2009, 20:23
The problem is that the horned one is a 35pt MAGIC ITEM! Thats +15pts just to get rid of stupidity on a cold one..... Also you cant get Str 7 while riding anything with Scar vets. (GW only gives +1 str on mount), This list really needs a can opener which is why I put the Scar on foot.

I am not so sure about breaking things on the charge with 10 Saurus. I am more planning to force enemys to charge the skinks, take a stand and shoot then have the Saurus recieve the over charge. But you may be right, maybe I will have to glue my hand weapons back on, I will play a few games with spear saurus and see.

blackjack
07-01-2009, 20:24
Does anyone know if it is legal to take DOW with the new lists anymore?

Malorian
07-01-2009, 20:49
Isn't the horn one also faster than a cold one though? Personally I ignore the idea of the new jaguar charm and just see the horned one as it's replacement.

Str 7 is really only important for chariots. Str 6 (horned one and sword of might) with a 2+ save will still put the hurt on what ever you want. Plus it can run ahead and deal with wraiths.

Do NOT take the charge with the skinks. You took them as skirmishing so you can not control the overrun. You are better off either fleeing and setting up flank charges (and saurus will break blocks easily with a flank charge) or use your idea but have them as ranked up skinks and make sure you have a unit ready to flank.

They are still legal but it depends on the organizer if they are in tournaments (they are allowed in all of mine).

blackjack
07-01-2009, 21:20
horny and might go over the points limit for Scar vets (I think).