PDA

View Full Version : Wood elves 2250 list! Woody needing some advice and constructive critiscms!

woody
07-01-2009, 19:40
right then, this is the list im aiming to complete for my wood elves.

Highborn, Great eagle, spear of twilight, helm of the hunt, talisman of protection, hail of doom arrow
Noble, great eagle, bow of loren, enchanted shield, spear, light armour

Spellsinger, level 2, dispell scroll, calaingors stave
Spellsinger, level 2, dispell scroll, divination orb

10 glade guard
10 glade guard
10 glade guard
10 glade guard
13 eternal guard, full command

10 wardancers, bladesinger, musician

3 warhawk riders
3 warhawk riders
3 warhawk riders

great eagle
6 waywatchers, shadow sentinel

2250pts total

any help would be appreciated, only reason there is champion in the waywatchers unit is becuase the waywatcher lord (which i will be using as the champion) is an awesome model and that i had 8 points spare.
Cheers
Woody

Vam2tic
07-01-2009, 20:07
I like it alot but maybe drop a warhawk unit and the eagle and get some more wardancers. The more you have of these guys the better.
Also why 13 eternal guard.Personnelly i run them at 18 with full command,warbanner and a noble to make them stubborn and to bring other perks.

Good list though and hope you do well with it

Vam2tic

woody
07-01-2009, 20:10
well, the whole plan behind the list is to have lots of fliers because they are awesome in my opinion, and don't really want to change the eagle/warhawks part of the list, the other plan behind the eternal guard is to have them 7 wide with 1 of the mages in them to protect the glade guard.
Cheers
Woody

Makarion
08-01-2009, 08:51
Your glade guard is probably better protected by a musician, so they can rally after they flee. It's quite a bit cheaper, too. Consider buying a unit of 5-6 Glade Riders (with musician but no other upgrades) with the leftover points.

I'd personally more or less swap your noble and highborn, in that I'd put the Bow of Loren on the character that has the most attacks. Add the Arcane Bodkins and the Stone of Crystal Mere and you've got a very useful character to hunt enemy cavalry and other problematic high-armour save models the rest of your army will struggle against.
The noble I would probably turn into a fairly standard Alter noble. It's a pity the Spear will have to disappear in the process, but I think you'll have a more effectice character as a result.

woody
08-01-2009, 16:47
Thanks for the advice makarion but i think im just going to stick with the original list, sounds ot me like a fun list to play.
Cheers
Woody

thrawn
08-01-2009, 17:01
ya try to swap something with some glade riders and maybe some more wardancers, just so you have something that can hit something somewhat. while i'm here, anyone got any advice for me. i'm going to play against DE and i know he's bringing a hydra. what is good in WE for DE hydra? thanks!

Vam2tic
08-01-2009, 18:30
I would try and charge maybe a ten man unit of wardancers with the +1 attack dance and see if it survived that. But i have only killed a hydra twice by using this method but twice in the two games i have played with my 2250 wardancer troupe list is really good i think

Vam2tic

Makarion
08-01-2009, 22:09
ya try to swap something with some glade riders and maybe some more wardancers, just so you have something that can hit something somewhat. while i'm here, anyone got any advice for me. i'm going to play against DE and i know he's bringing a hydra. what is good in WE for DE hydra? thanks!

Spellweaver with Lore of Beasts. If that hydra can't move, it's easily avoided. The Lore also is handy in crippling Cold One Knights.