PDA

View Full Version : Can the new armies take DOW units?

blackjack
07-01-2009, 20:14
The new army books no longer refer to DOW. Can DOW units be legally used with the new Lizzard man army for instance?

I have a fluffy idea for a lizzy army to dreg up some old Cannons from the swamp, make black powder under Slann tutlage and man them with skinks. (basically counts as DOW cannon).

Would this be tournament legal in 7th ed?

decker_cky
07-01-2009, 20:24
Depends on the tournament, but they're legal where the DoW rules give them permission. The DoW entries in the rare slot have been wrong since early 6th edition when they allowed certain special slot DoW units or whatever. The DoW rules contain everything you need to take them in a different army.

Condottiere
07-01-2009, 20:24
Ask the tournament organizers beforehand.

Originally, GW stated that the new books wouldn't mention DoW, and issued two PDFs listing the slots which each army had to utilize for each mercenary or RoR unit.

Griefbringer
07-01-2009, 20:41
As said, there is no need for the army book to make an explicit allowance: the DoW rules contain everything you need.

Shadow_Steed
11-01-2009, 19:18
So I can use ogres in my High Elf army as a rare choice?:)

Desert Rain
11-01-2009, 19:27
Yes, it says so in the Ogre Kingdoms book.

Kalandros
11-01-2009, 19:30
Yes, it says so in the Ogre Kingdoms book.

Watch out for RAWful interpretations - because the Ogre Kingdoms book says "any army with Dogs of War entry in their rare section" but with GWShop specifying that futur books won't have that entry because the details for DoW will be in PDFs - it can cause conflict.

So yeah, at tournaments, better ask the organizer, otherwise, I don'T think anyone would force you to keep the ogres off your list in a friendly game.

Shadow_Steed
11-01-2009, 20:06
Sounds good, my gored Iron Guts make good contrast to my haughty elfs