PDA

View Full Version : varghulf and regeneration question

woodulikeanother
08-01-2009, 04:07
ok so im uncertain as how the varghulfs regeneration works because of the combat resolution wounds they take if it loses in combat...

Example. varghulf is fighting a warrior priest and didnt wound at all, the warrior preist wounded 3 on the varghulf. Rules for regeneration you would roll the 3 dice before combat resolution is worked out because if you regenerate them you wouldnt generate any CR for the warrior preist, but say you only regenerate 1 of those wounds, ok now on the CR you lose by 1, so do you take another wound and are unable to regenerate that, or do you get a chance to regenerate that wound caused by losing combat as well?

Goruax
08-01-2009, 05:00
You do get a chance to Regenerate.
Check the Army rules, near the beginning of the Vampire Counts Beastiary, it will explain that you do not get Armour Saves, which in turn means you do get Ward and Regeneration saves.

Lord Dan
08-01-2009, 05:02
Let's say the warrior priest wounds 3 times and you regenerate 1 of those wounds.

CR comes up like this: You outnumber, he has done two wounds (as you regenerated one). You are at -1 to combat.

You take a wound, which you can try to regenerate as per the rules found on page 33 in the VC book.

Lordmonkey
08-01-2009, 07:22
Regeneration is treated as a kind of save. You either take the wound or you don't - theres no 'healing' going on per se.

Lordmonkey
08-01-2009, 07:24
ok now on the CR you lose by 1

If it is a 1vs1 fight then it's a draw, because the Varghulf outnumbers the Warrior Priest in terms of US.

so do you take another wound and are unable to regenerate that, or do you get a chance to regenerate that wound caused by losing combat as well?

Yes, you would get the chance to regenerate this wound.

woodulikeanother
08-01-2009, 20:32
ok thanks, the opponent was arguing that it doesn't seem fair to get to regenerate 2 times like that, but i tried telling him that it was because they are seperate sequence of wounds one from combat, one from CR, i guess i should just make him read my books rules

Neckutter
08-01-2009, 20:34
you are playing it correct.

i think it is a big difference, because other undead armies DONT get ward/regeneration saves vs combat res.

Lord Dan
08-01-2009, 21:04
By "other armies" I'm assuming you just mean "Tomb Kings". :)

Neckutter
08-01-2009, 21:06
army of the lichemaster is the same way. and while not an official list, its still an "army"
also the RoR unit has the same combat res system, and so VC have the best system currently.