PDA

View Full Version : Axe of Khorne supposed to be 45 points?

TroyJPerez
08-01-2009, 07:47
I was just curious if anyone else noticed that the axe of khorne was out of order in the Chaos Book. It is between a 40 point item and a 35 point item. Almost makes you wonder if the cost is right or if the axe is supposed to be between 35 and 40 points. Anyone else have an opinion? I know not really a question that can be answered without a FAQ, but seems suspicious.

Uukrul
08-01-2009, 09:10
How weird! I think its just a mistake that got into the book. Other thing I found weird is The dragons Ogres have will of Chaos but dragon Ogre Shaggoths do not.

TroyJPerez
08-01-2009, 09:13
Well thats an easy explaination. If you notice they didn't give the will of chaos rule to anything in the book that immune to psychology cause they don't need it. Never having to take a panic test and all.

Ivan Stupidor
08-01-2009, 13:05
There's also a similar points mix-up in the Gifts. That being said, the Axe's cost is exactly where it's expected to be based on its abilities, so I doubt it's supposed to be cheaper.

Lordmonkey
08-01-2009, 15:27
How weird! I think its just a mistake that got into the book.

What, you mean alongside the mistake that is WoC? :rolleyes:

Whitehorn
08-01-2009, 15:29
Phil Kelly is a mistake that got into the book.

Goruax
08-01-2009, 15:39
Regardless of suspicion, there's no reason to assume that it should be cheaper.
There is no RAI to argue it should be cheaper.

I noticed this myself, but the points cost is written down so is solid.

decker_cky
08-01-2009, 15:42
25 pts for killing blow + 20 pts for +ST is exactly right. You can't expect discounted abilities.

Geddonight
08-01-2009, 17:00
You guys realize they may have been arranged to fit on the pages better, right? If at the end of the day the writer feels he can't lose any more flavor text/rules, then maximizing space may take precedent to having points sorted.

TroyJPerez
08-01-2009, 17:02
I'm not arguing that it should be cheaper. I simply found it odd that it was between two cheaper items. lol.

Harwammer
08-01-2009, 18:31
I think it was priced at 45 points in a play test list, but was repriced for the released list. I also think that when it was repriced, the writer may have forgot to move the item to the place in the list that corresponded with the new price.

Thats one possible reason.

Goruax
09-01-2009, 02:21
I think it was priced at 45 points in a play test list, but was repriced for the released list. I also think that when it was repriced, the writer may have forgot to move the item to the place in the list that corresponded with the new price.

Thats one possible reason.

Except it is 45 points ;)
Though better fit is a more likely reason, IMO.

theunwantedbeing
09-01-2009, 02:28
In the VC book avatar of death is listed at 20pts between a 50pt power and a 25pt power...surely this should cost more then?

Or its just an error, one of hundreds GW makes all the time.

Sidorio
09-01-2009, 04:22
25 pts for killing blow + 20 pts for +ST is exactly right. You can't expect discounted abilities.

thats the exact point i was going to make. you get killing blow for 25pts, same as other killing blow weapons and +1 strength which is 20tps for most armies. really, you can't complain about the cost... i mean they have actually boosted the power of the weapon, what did you expect a 30pt weapon... you should be happy that they didn't make it 50.

any way that's my little comment and if it sounds wingy to any of yu abut your comments, sorry as it's not meant that way.

Harwammer
09-01-2009, 11:31
@Goruax: oops, oh yea :)

You are paying for magic attacks twice, but only loosing hw+shield bonus once though :)

Shamfrit
09-01-2009, 12:40
It also leaves room for Favour of the Gods on your champion/Lord killing character, should you wish to take it on an Exalted.