PDA

View Full Version : Mark of Nurgle characters in units

Jerrus
08-01-2009, 15:55
If a Character with Mark of Nurgle joins a unit does his Mark of Nurgle affect shooting directed at it?

For example, a Nurgle Sorceror in a unit of Chaos Warrior with the Mark of Khorne being shot at by Empire Handgunners at short range. Would they be hit on 4+ or 5+?

Nationalmaverick
08-01-2009, 16:09
I can't find anything in the book that says no.

Id say yes.

Neckutter
08-01-2009, 17:07
when you shoot you target the unit, and not the character.
if the character is in the unit, he isnt being targeted=his MoN doesnt kick in.

Asmodiseus
08-01-2009, 17:10
So would this apply to magic missles vs magic resistance as well? ie would a character with a MR of 2 allow a unit targeted by a magic missile roll on extra 2 dice to dispel it even though there is 0 chance the character will be effected?

lord mekri
08-01-2009, 17:16
regardng MR, the rules for that specifically state if a character has it, it will beinfit any unit he joins. i dont have my rule book with me, but will post a page number when i can.

Neckutter
08-01-2009, 17:17
magic is a different story. if the character has MR, then you can use his. the BRB gives this specific example and says you can.

Asmodiseus
08-01-2009, 17:19
Ah ok, dont worry about the quote mate I believe you. IMO then if a character can use his MR to protect a unit versus a magic missile I could definitely understand a chaos player stating the -1 should apply. Not saying this is how it should be played, just saying I could see their point.

Neckutter
08-01-2009, 17:27
believe me, i play nurgle WoC and i wish this is how it was worded.

its kinda funny, the way MoN is worded. my units are nurgle, but none of my characters(except for one sorcerer) are nurgle.
explaination:
for shooting purposes only the unit's MoN is targeted. the character's doesnt stack.
for HtH purposes if you are in contact with my unit, you have -1WS, and it is irrelevant that my lord is nurgle, as nurgle doesnt stack(at least that is the consensus on this forum). therefore why would i spend 30pts for all of my characters to have no in-game effect?

teleologica
09-01-2009, 20:59
The way we play it at my club is: if the shooting can hit the character (i.e. less than five rank and file in the unit) then the MoN -1 applies. Otherwise it doesn't. Not saying this has any in-rulebook authority, it just seems like a fair compromise between always applying and never applying.

theunwantedbeing
09-01-2009, 21:13
Unless you are targetting the model you dont suffer the -1 to hit.
If he's in a unit there are very few thing that can actually target him (hochland long rifles being one exception, so would suffer the -1 to hit).

He certainly doesnt give his -1 to hit to the unit.

Goruax
09-01-2009, 21:17
Sounds like a good compromise teleologica :)

Neckutter
10-01-2009, 01:12
i sure wish they covered this in the new FAQ.
they seemed to have fixed 5 HUGE loopholes, which i sure give them a round of applause for. but this mark of nurgle situation still bugs me.

Goruax
10-01-2009, 01:24
That'd be 'cause this is a Warriors-only problem, not a rulebook/general rules problem :p

Neckutter
10-01-2009, 01:26
i still want to whine. :)

that being said, im HUGELY happy they fixed these rules-loopholes. HOWEVER it means me and shamfrit will haveta fight about something else now.