PDA

View Full Version : Does Teclis irrisistbly cast on triples? Or quaduples?

TroyJPerez
08-01-2009, 17:40
Ok this is just me nitpicking at the rules now, but Teclis High Loremaster rule says he casts with irresistable force on any roll that includes a double. So what if he rolls 3 of the same number? Thats not exacally a double. Does it have to be two of the same number and no more? I know most people I play with use him as any roll of two or more numbers that are the same. But if you look in the basic rule book it says that any roll of two or more 6's is an irrisistable force cast. Teclis rule says any doubles which implies roll of 2 dice with the same result. 3 would be a tripple. Kind of a funny argument. Any comments?

Asmodiseus
08-01-2009, 17:43
lol you must be bored mate:P obviously yes

TroyJPerez
08-01-2009, 17:47
I assumed so but you could totally rule lawyer it! "Sorry you rolled triple instead of double, which is what it says you need for irresistable force" lol. And the rulebook does say two or more 6's and teclis/book of hoth rule says any double, lol. I bet this has been rulelawyered at a game before, lol.

Asmodiseus
08-01-2009, 17:53
The sad thing is your probably right! Honestly we should have a contest for the best rules lawyer and the winnner could fly around the world charging enormous legal fees to represet their clients.

"Excuse me sir I am sorry but that is not a miscast as you clearly rolled a triple not a double as per HEAB page 54 section 2. My client now utilizes his Dispel Scroll to dispel the 15 you rolled with 3 fives and next turn fully intends to charge Teclis and rape him with the handle of his mace. Have a nice day!

Oh heres my card.

Lord Zarkov
08-01-2009, 17:54
Well, as any good cribbage player knows, three of a kind is simply 3 pairs

Condottiere
08-01-2009, 17:57
Gee, if you have three of a kind, you must have two.

Bac5665
08-01-2009, 17:58
"includes a doubles" Every triple includes a double. I am a RAW player more than most, and I am happy to tell you that that a triple is also a double.

TroyJPerez
08-01-2009, 18:15
Thats true a triple does include a double but as a whole it is not a double. I will admit it is probably written badly. Should have been "Any cast that includes more then 1 of the same number with the acception of a miscast.""

Although you can't get around this with miscast. I belive the rulebook says that miscast is on two or more rolls of a 1.

TroyJPerez
08-01-2009, 18:17
Totally missed something in the rulebook. I agree that doubles are any roll of 2 or more. As in the basic rule book (that I missed somehow) It describes as the heading "Rolls of Doubles" then procedes to describe rolls of doubles are two or more 1's or 6's. So case closed on this one.

Bac5665
08-01-2009, 18:19
The rule is "any roll that includes a double", rather than "any roll that is a double."

Includes is the key word here. It, plus common sense make this a simple, simple call.