PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Heresy nightlords by Deadpool2345

deadpool2345
08-01-2009, 20:13
Hi all!
i have recently been inspired to do a pre heresy army by none other than Noserenda (the guy with the wicked alpha leigionarres:cool:) and as such i decided to do a alpha legion army but soon after i read about konrad kurze's batman-like vigilantism(apart from actually ripping apart the bad guys and ruling the entire world!)and listened to the dark king. This in turn made me want to do a Night lords army aswell, so while pondering the idea of an army in either pre heresy night lords armour or pre heresy alpha legion armour i came across a blog from the ledgendary doghouse and that clinched it for me.(i am CERTAINLY not saying that my army will be anywhere near as good as his abandoned force!!:eek:)

so of i went with a pocket full of christmas money and i bought-....well you'll just have to see won't you?

Lemme know what you think guys and pictures will be posted after a day of sheer painting(ie around 6 O'clock tomorrow night!!)
just to let you know, updates will be posted every weekend.(don't you just hate Real life and Work!:))

Yours sincerly Deadpool

projectkmo
08-01-2009, 20:46
This sounds like a great idea with a lot of potential. I must admit though that my knowledge of the Pre-Heresy NLs is very limited...but I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

deadpool2345
08-01-2009, 20:50
This sounds like a great idea with a lot of potential. I must admit though that my knowledge of the Pre-Heresy NLs is very limited...but I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Thank you for your kind words! as for pre heresy night lords they were ruthless,merciless crue-...bassically how they were post heresy, but without the chaos symbols and daemons!!!

tcraigen
08-01-2009, 22:14
interesting idea to bad your font colour is likely to deter me from reading it. Dark blue on the standar black is very hard to see.

Noserenda
09-01-2009, 02:01
Cool! I was very tempted by Night Lords Originally, but went with Alphas for being sneakier :D Looking forward to updates!

Its always nice to be described as having wicked models too! :D Thanks again!

LordKhaine
09-01-2009, 03:14
deffinetly keeping an eye on this one, love PH night lords and when i finish my many projects i have im going to do one

thats because i visited doghouse's long ago and they were amazing!

Dr. Zoidberg
09-01-2009, 15:57
I'll be watching, pre-heresy stuff is SO cool, do a good job on them! ;)

deadpool2345
09-01-2009, 16:54
Cheers guys for the votes of confidence!
also i willl TRY to answer each and every comment!

interesting idea to bad your font colour is likely to deter me from reading it. Dark blue on the standar black is very hard to see.
duely changed!

Its always nice to be described as having wicked models too! :D Thanks again!
i speak only the truth!

thats because i visited doghouse's long ago and they were amazing!
looks like im not the only one who speaks the truth!

I'll be watching, pre-heresy stuff is SO cool, do a good job on them! ;)
ill try my bestest!!
expect pics within the next 2 hours!!

your sincerly,DP

deadpool2345
09-01-2009, 19:28
Sorry fellows but i cant seem to upload my photos as the size is too big.Is there any way i can decrease the image size:confused:? most of them are 1.1-1.15 megabites.:cries:
I would love it if someone helped me as i don't want to let you guys down.:(

(sigh)
DP

Mewy
09-01-2009, 20:04
Make a photobucket account. It's free and you can tell it to auto size and res when you upload them.

deadpool2345
09-01-2009, 20:32
Make a photobucket account. It's free and you can tell it to auto size and res when you upload them.
i found a different method(that took ages ) but have made a account for future purposesso without further ado...
squad kai
heavily wip but was just experimenting with the colour scheme.:50393
squad sergent

deadpool2345
09-01-2009, 20:47
#FILES CORRUPTED#

#IMAGE DAMAGED#

more WIP Images tomorrow!

DP

tcraigen
09-01-2009, 22:32
cool the light blue works much better, achieves nightlord effect and colours while still legible. Good start, Im not up on my fluff for them completely but they are on a planet that never sees light of day? I would imagine them as being white or extremely pale flesh tones.

deadpool2345
10-01-2009, 16:36
cool the light blue works much better, achieves nightlord effect and colours while still legible. Good start, Im not up on my fluff for them completely but they are on a planet that never sees light of day? I would imagine them as being white or extremely pale flesh tones.

thanks! ve been looking up skin colours and i shall repaint them shortly. the next update can be expected later on tonight!
DP

deadpool2345
10-01-2009, 19:47
Hi!
i have made a lot of progress but ultimately, squad kai is going to be redone.i wasnt happy with the end result so have scrapped the squad ( by that i mean added to my vannila force)
PICS!
Assault terminators
Captain

Both heavily WIP but should get them done by next weekend.
anyway i just gots me some brown stuff and procraete of the internet and all next week i will be posting pics step by step at primarch making....
as for purchases, i have 2 red scorp upgrade sets arraiving shortly and today i just gots me a command squad(all in beakie armour bar the company champ who'll get mk3 armour) a combat squad,3 scout bikes,5 scout snipers,telion,a land speeder and a tactical squad.(my poor wallet.:( see?see what i do for you people!:D). so i should be fairly busy for a while!!
Yours sincerly
DP

Noserenda
11-01-2009, 16:47
Like the terminators, how did you do the first ones shoulders? Cool to see a horde on order too, good stuff!

Deus Ruinus
11-01-2009, 16:58
nice! intensively terrifying indeed for pre-heresy nightlords.

deadpool2345
11-01-2009, 20:13
nice! intensively terrifying indeed for pre-heresy nightlords.
I try my Best!!

Like the terminators, how did you do the first ones shoulders? Cool to see a horde on order too, good stuff!

Th captains sholder pads were normal blank space marine(i used a chaos one for his right shoulder as i thoght it looked cool)glue them almost awkwardly on top so that the bottom of the shoulder pad is facing outwards, and then getthe fantasy orc warboss curved shoulder pad and glue it on top.(had two from orc army :D)
have started work on Batman hiself and when i get mys grubby dark-blue-paint covered hands on my camera monkey(Noserenda knows what i'm talking about.thos damn monkeys....always running of and stealing the last bit of piz-....):oanyway as i was sayig...wen i find my monkey(probably tomorrow night!) i shall post WIP pics...

Till Then,i bid you adieu

DP

coalescence
11-01-2009, 20:31
I wanted to do some PH Nightlords, just some squads, but now I'm occupied with doing Praetors of Orpheus. Good thing to see someone is making them, keep on the good work! I'm curious how it will turn out.

deadpool2345
13-01-2009, 19:32
thanks coalescence! my camera broke so have taken funds from my night lords to buy another on thursday batman isgoing well and i have also decided to make a squad of the emperors guard, and am also sculpting a very special charachterwho shall be used as grey nights and a inqiusitor respectively (plus now my army shall be led by an even more special character along with batman.)

cookies for those that guess the characters clue-one of them may be bought by a man namediacton;)

k_c_e_l
14-01-2009, 14:54
just a tip: pre-heresy the only chapter wearing the aquila was the emperors children and if you got the patience you could try studding the shoulder pads for a pre-heresy feel.

saw another pre-heresy builder using fantasy chaos warrior helmet which looked really awesome

deadpool2345
14-01-2009, 20:09
just a tip: pre-heresy the only chapter wearing the aquila was the emperors children and if you got the patience you could try studding the shoulder pads for a pre-heresy feel.

hence my re-doing of squad Kai;)
i do plan on ,as i have custodes and special imperial charcters in my army, giving the chapter master i am working on an aquila, and the venerable dread an aqulia (remember in the third edition of the space marines collectors guide where a guy had a pre heresy ultra marines army and EVERY squad commander and capain had a aquila,)

saw another pre-heresy builder using fantasy chaos warrior helmet which looked really awesome
i've seen that too, but fluff wise,only the thousand sones had helmets like that.

BTW i know i might be slightly offputting to have a blog with barely any picture done by a guy who's name is not very well known, i promise all of you,by saturday, there will be an abundance of pictures!
heers and any comments are welcome!
DP

deadpool2345
18-01-2009, 18:22
hi!

as promised heres some pics

unfortunatly two tiny hands got hold of my kurze and he wen for a little trip outside a window.:cries: but i soon regained my composure and made a quick one out of some bits i had laying around.so withut further ado i give you batman!

ohh...
every time i try to upload anything it comes up with this page is currently unavailable.:(
<sigh.maybe i am just not ment to have a blog!:D
seriously tho nothing is going right... will try again later
DP:(

Noserenda
19-01-2009, 00:00
Stick with it dude, Uploading can be a nightmare :chrome: but its worth it in the end!

deadpool2345
22-01-2009, 18:33
Hi all
i have tried to upload but failed.
so with great regret.
i'll have to give up....

lol not really ^_^ (don't worry i realise that wasn't funny!)
Linky
http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/deadpool2345/
updates tomorrow!!
DP

deadpool2345
23-01-2009, 20:37
oh... it seems i'm talking to myself here...
maybe...
Painted updates would help!
just need to touch up loads of bits on them and shall be on my way...

Cheers DP
:D

Elazar The Glorified
23-01-2009, 21:03
Looking good so far. The Dred looks great and Konrad looks really promising!

k_c_e_l
23-01-2009, 22:33
i think the best fluff source on the net (apart from the all-knowing forum)
is this site: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

not sure if the link's right

Lord Zso Sahaal
23-01-2009, 23:41
Great work there Deadpool, I have one complaint.... everytime I see your avatar in these forums I think its me and I get confused lol. As a little tip for you, I am doing Pre-Heresy Ultramarines currently and I have found that for making studs on the armour.
Using something with a fine point but not too fine, such as a large needle, if you take this and dip the end into PVA glue.Then using the pin, dab onto the area you want the studs (such as the shoulder guards), it comes out looking like the studs. And of course you can always layer it aswell.

The Tech-Marine with the bolter in the image I used this technique for making studs
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/3525/dsc00284oq6.jpg

Consider me subscribed and awaiting more!

Sahaal

deadpool2345
24-01-2009, 09:26
Cheers Guys!!

Looking good so far. The Dred looks great and Konrad looks really promising!
cheers! have started work on sculpting curze as you can see...
http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/deadpool2345/(also HWIP scout bikers have been added and corvus chapter master)

i think the best fluff source on the net (apart from the all-knowing forum)
is this site: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
cheers K-C-E-L!already knew of the site but thanks for trying to help!
not sure if the link's right

Great work there Deadpool, I have one complaint.... everytime I see your avatar in these forums I think its me and I get confused lol. As a little tip for you, I am doing Pre-Heresy Ultramarines currently and I have found that for making studs on the armour.
Using something with a fine point but not too fine, such as a large needle, if you take this and dip the end into PVA glue.Then using the pin, dab onto the area you want the studs (such as the shoulder guards), it comes out looking like the studs. And of course you can always layer it aswell.

The Tech-Marine with the bolter in the image I used this technique for making studs
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/3525/dsc00284oq6.jpg

Consider me subscribed and awaiting more!

Sahaal
thanks Zso! or do you prefer talonmaster?
really appreciate the help with studs.now i can make heresy mk Armour!
good to see another night lord out there!although you collect smurfs.but still!:D
also you needn't be confused anymore.
also my avatar might come in useful for my company banner...

cheers
Deadpool:D

Lord Zso Sahaal
24-01-2009, 22:42
To be honest I did think about Pre Heresy Night Lords but im crap at lightning effects and if I was to do a Night Lords army it would have to include lightning on the armour so.....
Also as another tip, has anybody suggested the Forge World Red Scorpians?? They use Mk. 5 armour I believe. I ordered some myself (still yet to arrive), but ive seen them used for Pre-Heresy purpose and they seem to work. Just another pointer for you.
Also how is the remake of our Primarch coming allong, sad to hear it got a test flight. Also have you got any plans to make the Tallonmaster?
Awaiting more from you!

Sahaal

deadpool2345
25-01-2009, 19:09
To be honest I did think about Pre Heresy Night Lords but im crap at lightning effects and if I was to do a Night Lords army it would have to include lightning on the armour so.....
i thought they hd lightning AFTER the heresy:confused:

Also as another tip, has anybody suggested the Forge World Red Scorpians?? They use Mk. 5 armour I believe. I ordered some myself (still yet to arrive), but ive seen them used for Pre-Heresy purpose and they seem to work. Just another pointer for you.
read post #17 ^_^

Also how is the remake of our Primarch coming allong, sad to hear it got a test flight. you aren't the only one. sculpting is on my photobucket album http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/deadpool2345/
Also have you got any plans to make the Tallonmaster?

i don't know wether i could do him justice.:D

cheers!
pics will be added soon hopefully depending on how much i can get done
Cya
Deadpool

Zothos
25-01-2009, 20:08
Night Lords had lightning before the Heresy as well. It was just paint at that time and not actual lightning as it is on post heresy Night Lords.

Lightning effects are quite simple by the way....just paint enchanted blue or a similar color on the armour first and then paint a thin line of white on top of it without covering the blue completely. This will create a "glowing" effect. at least thats how I do it on my Post Heresy Night Lords. Just remember not to over do it or it will detract from the model as a whole(make it to "busy" so to speak).

ventris94
26-01-2009, 18:38
Pretty cool stuf, i especialy like the techmarine, hes cool!!!

deadpool2345
27-01-2009, 19:13
Pretty cool stuf, i especialy like the techmarine, hes cool!!!

its a shame hes not mine ;)
illness strikes me at the moment so i am having to take a raincheck on updates.
i cant even get out of bed,(im using my itouch to get on here!)
sorry,
i swears to give you updates by the weekend. I SWEARS IT!!
deadpool:(

deadpool2345
31-01-2009, 09:14
WIP updates.

enjoy!
DP

Lord Zso Sahaal
04-02-2009, 16:54
Well brother, im as i was before impressed. Any hint as to what the update is??
How much snow you had as an off topic note?

Sahaal

Raellos
05-02-2009, 00:21
Peep!

I looked through the log last night, there's some very cool stuff in here.

Is the axeman an old techmarine model?

deadpool2345
06-02-2009, 19:52
Well brother, im as i was before impressed. Any hint as to what the update is??
How much snow you had as an off topic note?

Sahaal
HINT:
don't look down....:evilgrin:

Peep!

I looked through the log last night, there's some very cool stuff in here.

Is the axeman an old techmarine model?
cheers raellos!
the axemisn't mine but i assume it is a techmarine.
visit Zso Sahalls pre heresy ultramarines blog for more info!

Can't wait for the big updates!

well now you dont have to!!:p
ps sorry for the smudgeyness.

LINKY!!! http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/deadpool2345/
BTW the reason for the dante sculpt is because i love devil may cry and i plan on making a nostramo militia with him at its head
(using the catachan models as escaped prisoners and phsycopaths. and it will be a legitimate swarm guard force.{like i'll ever use it as a seperate army:D})
plus the militia have their own official theme song.
imagine the gears of war trailer as a background,but with a gang of catachans(but pale and with navy/black clothes.) and this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL4mywCOJXA

hehe!
(sorry im bored.)

DP

deadpool2345
08-02-2009, 09:17
hi evryone!
jus a quickie, bought a box of catachans and would have bought the battleforce but then the new ones coming out with more prettys so i stayed myself and settled with a 20 man box. they arent primed yet but i surely will in due course.
i had to sell my pre heresy terminator captain for a handsome 30 (to much of a good offer!)so shock horror now i am down to 1 HQ!! (plus primarch.)
upon this horrifiying realisation i've decided to make a libraian thx to the Tempus fugitives caracter update. :D

anyone have a idea for a pose?
best pose will be scuplted!!

cheers
DP

Marshal Caligula
09-02-2009, 22:15
Sorry no ideas for the pose at the minute, but I'll think about it. Anyways, nice nightlords. I really like the guy with the wings and lightening claws and the dread with the autocannons. Oh and haha nice song.

deadpool2345
14-02-2009, 18:36
Update !
have been really busy this week but look what i got!!52495
i know i said that i wouldnt but i had exactly 50 and i couldnt help myself!
will be making these up shortly...

DP!

OutOfContext
16-02-2009, 15:26
I'll bite :D

Just had a look through your photobucket, and there's some very very nice stuff in it. I'm really liking the guy with the pale face and black hair with the skull on his chest. Which is really specific...

Keep it up :)

deadpool2345
16-02-2009, 21:25
I'll bite :D

YAY!

Just had a look through your photobucket, and there's some very very nice stuff in it. cheers!!
its weird. more people on the internet like them than in real life.(yay?)

I'm really liking the guy with the pale face and black hair with the skull on his chest. Which is really specific...
is the end bit a complement?:eyebrows:

Keep it up :)
{sigh} if you say so.....;)

UPDATE!
just a few updates,nearly finished Terminator-excecution squad sahhal(5 man terminator assault squad) and firing-squad Y'so (10 man tactical).
Fear-squad scarecrow is in the midst (5-man combat squad) as is firing-squad D'yoll (10 man tactical)
Recruit battalion Noh'j is still in the priming stage.(45 guardsmen 2 sentinels and a heavy weapons team so far,but will be bolstered with new guard.yes, i have BIG plans for Noh'j....:evilgrin:
anyway....
enjoy!
DP
oh! BTW!
made a heavily converted 5 man primarch honour guard and scout squad today...
when made completely pics will be added...

OH!!! aswell,can anyone recommend a cheap and good camera to buy for miniature taking?
cheers!

OHHHH!!!!!
due to a very Looooonnnnggggg story i ended up with 100.
any ideas what to spend it on?
DP(i'm finished now. i SWEAR!) :D

Col. Wales
17-02-2009, 00:22
Nice stuff so far man. nice clean job on the lightning.

deadpool2345
19-02-2009, 21:49
minor update.
sorry for quality of pics. i need to get my hands on a tripod!
anyway.
librarian added.
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/deadpool2345/IMG_0352.jpg
ASURMANDOS:
a terran born, ibrarian asurmandos was a veteran of the unification wars and as such wears armour addorned with eagle honors.Like his primarch asurmandos suffered from foresight but upon meeting his primarch on the night world of nostramo,a new power manifested in asurmandos.Asurmandos could now sense the fears of those around him and through his phsycic powers,create a halucagenic effect that only those targetted by his power could see.These halucinations incorporated the fears sesnsed and often drove those victims to the point of insanity.

check out the album for sneakyness.........;)

DP

deadpool2345
22-02-2009, 22:26
No replies?

I'm visitin my dad at the moment so dont have any models ATM.

Buuuuutt,
I do have money.....

I bought the golden knight model (resembles a certain emperor) via a freind and he should arrive soon.
pm me for details on other great crusade knights (resemble certain demi gods) and I can give links,

So I'll post again on sat cus I gots skool durin the week.
Cya

Dp

Elazar The Glorified
25-02-2009, 18:49
He looks quite promising but it's not the easiest picture to tell from. You shouldn't get too disheartened by a lack of replies on your plog. Happens on mine all the time and then suddenly there'll be a surge of activity before another lull in the number of visitors

OutOfContext
25-02-2009, 19:16
is the end bit a complement?:eyebrows:

Heh, no, it's just laughing at me being detailed in description. 'That guy with the black and white face isn't' particuarly specific :p

Anyway, I like the looks of the Librarian. I'm very interested in his jump pack. I can see it's the exhausts of the current one flipped upside down, but I want to see more!:D

deadpool2345
25-02-2009, 20:38
replies ^_^!!!!!!!

He looks quite promising but it's not the easiest picture to tell from. You shouldn't get too disheartened by a lack of replies on your plog. Happens on mine all the time and then suddenly there'll be a surge of activity before another lull in the number of visitors
sorry my pic skills arent good.
in fact they are crap.
cheers for the kind words.

Heh, no, it's just laughing at me being detailed in description. 'That guy with the black and white face isn't' particuarly specific :p

Anyway, I like the looks of the Librarian. I'm very interested in his jump pack. I can see it's the exhausts of the current one flipped upside down, but I want to see more!:D
its just the vanguard red scorp jump pack(the one with the aquillas) with the front parts replaced with the back engines of another
simple really..:p

pics on sat as promised ^^
(wanders of happy...)

OutOfContext
25-02-2009, 20:44
So it is! Note to self: remember that.
I'm looking forward to seeing more :D

deadpool2345
01-03-2009, 15:26
Raise your hand if you h8 it when your camera breaks.

{raises hand}

:(

Dp

Col. Wales
02-03-2009, 07:27
Dude that sucks hope you can get it fixed soon.

deadpool2345
02-03-2009, 13:41
I'll have to buy another.

It's tottaly screwed up.

Updates as soon as I have the money to buy another camera .

:(