PDA

View Full Version : 2K list for fun

Necromancer2
08-01-2009, 20:55
This list is to be fun/crazy and what to know if it could work. This would be my first HE list just to be crazy with friends. (I play skaven usually)

Heros- 2 Dragon Mages (don't know how to equip these guys but it can't be much)

Core- 3 x 10 Archers

Special- 4 Lion Chariots

Rare- 2 eagles

and 2 bolt throwers (or could I do more eagles for distracting/blocking)

Could this list be fun?

Thank You

NecronBob
08-01-2009, 21:02
You'll have to let us know whether it's fun or not. I'd be interested to hear both your and your opponents' reactions.

As far as equipping your dragonmages, consider the silver wand, guardian phoenix, and/or ring of fury as your points allow. Because of the way the dragon mage magic works, the silver wand basically adds an extra power dice. A ward save might help protect one of your very fragile mages. The ring of fury adds some consistency to your magic phase and gives your opponent some pause when tossing around the dispel dice.

You might consider dropping one of the archer units for reavers if you want something else for blocking and distracting.

woodulikeanother
08-01-2009, 21:04
what armies do you usually play against? this could be good vs orcs or maybe DE, ive tried an orc army like this with 4 boar chariots and 2 giants its fun and scary for the opposing player, just dont use it vs Empire...doh!

Marwynn
08-01-2009, 21:08
Drop the third Archer unit, unnecessary. Use it for points for the DMs, yes they require stuff.

Silver Wand + Ring of Fury or 2 Dispel Scrolls
Seerstaff + Dispel Scroll/Power Stone

Another option is to give one the Guardian Phoenix for a 5+ Ward.

This list of course is going to get shot up bad. The Lion Chariots are all well and good but it takes one cannon shot to break one, and they're not exactly as resilient as other chariots, being only T4.

Consider some DPs. Less vulnerable to being one-shotted, and against a heavy magic Chaos army you can be spared some of the fiery stuff.

Necromancer2
09-01-2009, 15:38
Well.. I'm also considering dropping one of the DM's for 2 regular mages.

Then drop 1 archer unit and 2 lion chariots for a unit of, 5?, DP's.

that actually sounds better.