PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts of Nurgle fluffiness (WoC)

Tonedogbf110
09-01-2009, 12:09
This is my first draft army list for an upcoming tourney
this is intended as a themed army, I want to keep it Nurgle.

Any comments/advice would be really helpful. This will be my first Tourney and I dont really know what to expect.

Lord
Daemon Prince - MoN 330 pts

Heroes
Exalted Hero - MoN 155 pts
Battle Standard -

LvL 3 Sorceror - MoN 175 pts

LvL 2 Sorceror - MoN 140 pts

Cores
19x Chaos Warriors - MoN 364 pts
Full Command - Shields & Hand weps

19x Chaos Marauders - MoN 164 pts
Full Command - Light Armour - Shields

19x Chaos Marauders - MoN 164 pts

5x Chaos Warhounds 30 pts

5x Chaos Warhounds 30 pts

x5 Marauder Horsemen - MoN 86 pts
Flails - Light Armour - Musician

Specials
5x Chaos Knights - MoN 305 pts
Full Command - Lances

Rare
Chaos Spawn 55 pts

Grand Total 1998 pts

Magos Saphentos
09-01-2009, 12:12
isn't this force illegal, how did you get a level 3 sorcerer, isn't that a lord choice like the deamon prince. other than that nice

Tonedogbf110
09-01-2009, 12:36
I thought LvL 4 was a sorceror lord?
I will definitely need this clarified. thanks for flagging that up.

If it turns up Illegal I will simply drop him in exchange for another Exalted Champ and buy some additional items or scrolls.

Magos Saphentos
09-01-2009, 12:38
The lord choice sorcerer starts at level 3 and you can buy level 4, like most over armies you can only have lv 2 heroes

Tonedogbf110
09-01-2009, 12:56
Ah Right, thanks for clearing that up.

ok heres the edited list: this time with the full inventory of magic items and gifts.

Lord
Daemon Prince - MoN - 330 pts
Gifts: Distendable Maw - Diabolic Splendour - Stream of Corruption

Heroes
Exalted Hero - MoN - 155 pts
Battle Standard - Doom Totem
Gifts: Fury of the Blood God

Exalted Hero - MoN - 176 pts
Shield - Barded Steed
Magic Items: Chaos Runesword
Gifts: Acid Ichor

LvL 2 Sorceror - MoN - 150 pts
Magic Items: Skull of Katam, Dispel x2
Gift: Third Eye of Tzeentch

Cores
19x Chaos Warriors - MoN - 364 pts
Full Command - Shields & Hand weps (Blasted Standard)

19x Chaos Marauders - MoN - 164 pts

20x Chaos Marauders - MoN - 170 pts

5x Chaos Warhounds - 30 pts

5x Chaos Warhounds - 30 pts

x5 Marauder Horsemen - MoN - 86 pts
Flails - Light Armour - Musician

Specials
5x Chaos Knights - MoN - 305 pts
Full Command - Lances (Blasted Standard)

Grand Total 2000 pts

Ok dropped the spawn as well in favour for 1 more marauder and 2x dispel for extra magic defence.

Pilot Officer Tripod
22-01-2009, 14:16
LvL 2 Sorceror - MoN - 150 pts
Magic Items: Skull of Katam, Dispel x2
Gift: Third Eye of Tzeentch

Lvl 2 Sorceror is limited to 50pts of Magic Items, so, either Skull of Katam OR 2x Dispel.

Hospitaler
22-01-2009, 15:44
You can't use the blasted standard twice either.

Whitehorn
22-01-2009, 16:01
Marauders in blocks of 20 are a waste of time unless you're taking flails and not charges. 20 men won't weather much damage and will collapse. You really need 25-30. They're cheap enough.

Assumably your BSB will be with the infantry? he doesn't really need MoN, as the unit will cover the bonus for him. This goes for the other hero if he's to go inside infantry.

Fury of the blood god prevents you taking any magic items, yes? You took one.. Its also a Khorne gift, fluff-wise. Eye of Tzeentch? :P

The Red Scourge
23-01-2009, 05:17
You need more units and less characters.

Your daemon prince might scare off a few units, but if he's out there flying around on his own, then he will be easy pickings for a warmachine. And he has no real combat potential.

Also you need something dangerous with high strength. You have no chance against a steam tank or a dragon. S5 on a single knight unit is good for slaying infantry, but needs something extra to crack tough armor and high toughness.

Gramolarian
23-01-2009, 10:36
ahem ... you need to re-read both army book and rulebook. First of all your bsb is illegal. Fury of blood god states that character with fury of blood god cannot have any other magic items. magical standard as far as I know is magical item. so either off. Second of all all your point values are totally wrong.

for example daemon prince ... base is 300 mark of nurgle is 30, distentable maw is 40, diabolic splendour is 35 and stream of corruption is 25 IF I remember them right.
that would make it total of 430 pts... not 330

exalted hero with standard is base of 110 + bsb 25 + doom totem 75 ... mark of nurgle 20 pts ??? no sure if remeber it right. and IF you could use fury that way it would make another 25 extra ... so total cost is 255 and that without fury 230 and then its legal.

then troops: marauder horsemen for example. 16 base +2 flail +1 light armor +30 mark of nurgle. 125 without command.