PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points of Tournament/Squig Friendly O+G - Can The Ladz Still Play Competetively?

doomscape
09-01-2009, 13:58
Morning folks. Going to a rather small-scale, more relaxed tournament at my FLGS and in a fit of ineptitude misplaced my Empire rulebook. So, rather than attempt to create a list from my failing memory, Orcs and Goblins it is.

I wanted a list that would be a little different, able to handle all comers, and would be fun to play against and with. To this end, I present to you the following -

Skarsnik and Gobbla
lvl 2 Orc Shaman - 2 dispel scrolls
lvl 2 Goblin shaman - Staff of sneaky stealin'
Black Orc BSB - Gork's War Banner (+d6 charge)

25 orcs with 2 hand weapons, FC
30 orcs with 2 hand weapons, FC
30 orcs with 2 hand weapons, FC
Squig Herder Unit - 15 squigs, 10 gobbos
5 spider riders
6 squig hoppers
25 Black Orcs - FC, Mork's Spirit Banna
3 Spear Chukkas, bullies
Snotling Pump Wagon

This comes out, if memory serves, to exactly 2000 points. I know Black Orcs are expensive but I really like having a unit I can count on to crump stuff when it comes time. However, I've never played O+G in a tournament setting, so I'm not really sure what they can bring to the table, so to speak. I'm open to any and all suggestions and really appreciate the feedback. Please also note I am almost literally swimming in models so substituting stuff won't be an issue.

Thanks in advance!

Malorian
09-01-2009, 14:33
Well seeing as you said it's more laid back you can get away with the black orcs, plus with the BSB joined they can be really nasty.

I'd just trade the staff of sneaky stealing and a scrollfor the itty ring and some muchrooms.

Tonedogbf110
09-01-2009, 14:42
Thats one Hench unit of Black orcs!

No chariots though. this army appears slow, but its definitely going to be hitty.

doomscape
09-01-2009, 16:18
I'm a little afraid to use chariots, to be honest, though I could take two of 'em and drop the chukkas and pump wagon. I do like them but the S7 = instadeath bothers me a little more than I'd like to admit, especially with the prevalence of war machines.

Think I should drop the black orcs and take something else? Honestly it's been so long that any advice is really, really welcome. Are there good orc tourney lists or units that I'm missing out on? If it helps any I played mostly in 4th edition and am a bit out of touch with the newest editions :)

Malorian
09-01-2009, 16:48
Well if you put the spirit totem on the BSB the black orcs could be replaced with quite a bit.

If you want a really killy unit that won't break the bank, one that I'm starting to fall in love with is savage orcs with spears. You could have a good sized unit of them, add another spear chukka and a chariot for the same cost.