PDA

View Full Version : Motivation for a DIY Warband

Epic Thoughts
09-01-2009, 15:31
I've been doing a little work on the background fluff for my Chaos Warband lately, and I had what I think is an original idea, but I want to see if its even practical and/or plausible before I start any sort of serious effort with it.

Now, the idea starts with The Eldar Codex, and the painfully small snippet about Ynnead, the prophesized Eldar god of the dead. I love the idea that, in the last days of The Eldar race, when they all finally perish and are gone, that another being (a Warp being?) will rise from their ashes and, hopefully, destroy Slaanesh, thus vindicating the race from their greatest sin.

My question is; how plausible would it be for some intrepid Chaos Lord to have stumbled across a piece of this story, this prophecy, this lore, in the millenia since The Heresy, and for him to try and make his own Warp entity?

My thoughts are that one Nightlord, still loyal to The Night Haunter and those memories of the days prior to M'sheen striking down his lord, hopes in some sort of twisted fashion, that if he can somehow trigger the creation of a Chaos God of Fear, that it will be the reincarnated for of The Night Haunter. Understandably, from an out of game perspective, such a thing would take millenia in itself, and would require a massive amount of support that one rogue warband is unlikely to ever achieve, but, I think it'd serve as a great back story and good motivation for attacking and burning one Imperial world after another.

Does this idea past the sniff test? Does it have merit? Should I look at changing a few details?

willydstyle
09-01-2009, 15:40
Sounds sweet to me.

ankara halla
09-01-2009, 15:47
Well, it certainly isn't a bad idea IMHO. It's not a big leap of faith for me to imagine a Night Lord champion with such aspirations, the motivation is solid. However, the actual task is quite impossible. Even if a God of fear would be born (which again, would be next to impossible...), it wouldn't be the Nighthaunter. It would simply be the collective fear of the universe becoming self aware.

But then again, what self respecting Chaos champion would let such a triviality as an impossible task stand in his way! It's a great theme for a warband, original and inspired.

Epic Thoughts
09-01-2009, 19:37
That's exactly what I was thinking, Ankara. You would know it's not possible, I would know it's not possible, and even somewhere in The Champion's heart, he might understand it's not possible, but to hell with it!

Thanks for the support, guys!

Corrode
09-01-2009, 19:47
I think your username is rather appropriate for a warband theme like that. ;)

weissengel86
09-01-2009, 21:28
An alternative while keeping the same theme and adding possibility to the task would be instead of creating a chaos god of fear would be to ressurrect the night haunter utilizing stolen eldar technology for example. Instead of making a chaos god and hoping its the primarch why not have them actually try to get the primarch back himself.

They could search for his body or spirit and try to bring him back based on inspiration from the eldar prophecy and technology.

Epic Thoughts
09-01-2009, 22:06
I like your suggestion, weissengle. I'll have to do some thinking on it. Thank you.

Rutteger1
09-01-2009, 22:28
awesome idea man, but i like weissengel86's idea too. It makes more sense :p

Orkeosaurus
09-01-2009, 22:44
Sounds great to me.

It's just the sort of huge, not necessarily feasible plan that an aspiring Chaos Lord would have.

solvay
09-01-2009, 22:53
that idea is a really cool one and would give your army its own unique twist which is great to have