PDA

View Full Version : WoC +Dragon Sorcerer!

VVar
09-01-2009, 15:56
Sorry for yet another WoC list, but at least this is the first dragon list I've seen!

Been playing with a lot of various all mounted WoC lists...and I've been aching to try a dragon out. It seems like an awful waste of points for an optimized list, but I really like the idea of a semi-powerful melee caster on a dragon, so here goes;

1 Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch @ 750 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; General; Magic Level 4; Chaos Armour
Collar of Khorne
Spell Familiar
Bloodcurdling Roar
Enchanted Shield
Sword of Might
Favour of the Gods
Chaos Dragon

1 Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle @ 156 Pts
Mark of Nurgle; Magic Level 1; Chaos Armour; Barding
Infernal Puppet [35]
Barded Chaos Steed

1 Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle @ 171 Pts
Mark of Nurgle; Magic Level 1; Chaos Armour; Barding
Power Familiar [25]
Book of Secrets [25]
Barded Chaos Steed

5 Chaos Knights of Nurgle @ 260 Pts
Mark of Nurgle; Barding; Ensorcelled Weapons; Chaos Armour; Shield;
Standard; Musician

Standard; Musician

Standard; Musician

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 91 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Flail; Musician

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

Casting Pool: 10

Dispel Pool: 6

Models in Army: 54

Total Army Cost: 2250

I could drop one unit of hounds and Favor of the Gods on my level 4 to get banner of rage on one of the nurgle knight units...makes them even more hitty...but in such a small list I prefer to have more screeners.

List will be played like any list with a dragon...very carefully. Nurgle casters pick off characters and draw out dispel dice, the one with power fam/book will throw two dice at a magic missile each turn (fire or death, depending on opponent).

Level 4 will be a magic/breath/shooting battery. Bloodcurdling roar, two breath weapons, and magic should be enough to hurt a unit or two pretty badly, and of course infernal gateway will be attempted nearly every turn. I'm still considering whether or not to exchange collar of khorne with golden eye....on a disc I would normally take golden eye but it seems like the dragon itself is a form of save for the level 4, and the MR2 will help him out a ton as well.

VVar
10-01-2009, 16:33
40 views and no critique?! Come on now, anything!

grhino
10-01-2009, 20:56
Looks rock hard. Have you used it in battle yet? Wander how it worked out. Not too many enemies will be able to stand against this one...

VVar
10-01-2009, 23:55
Haven't tried it yet, but I think against a good army/player I would lose badly. Not enough guys on the board...

Elazar The Glorified
11-01-2009, 08:37
Haven't tried it yet, but I think against a good army/player I would lose badly. Not enough guys on the board...

This would be my biggest worry about the list too. You have a very hard hitting, fast moving list but it's made up of only a few small units. Knights can punch through quite a lot but if you come up against an army with a couple of CR tar pits they might start to struggle and you haven't got the numbers to occupy units to get flank charges all the time. With the mark of Nurgle at least you'll be able to weather the worst of the enemy shooting phase and once you get into combat the knights will be hard to kill just CR that you'll have to worry about. I think the key to playing this army well will be combining your charges very well and obviously making the best possible use of that dragon as he's a lot of VP but you're going to have to get him stuck into the business end of things.

VVar
11-01-2009, 23:04
This would be my biggest worry about the list too. You have a very hard hitting, fast moving list but it's made up of only a few small units. Knights can punch through quite a lot but if you come up against an army with a couple of CR tar pits they might start to struggle and you haven't got the numbers to occupy units to get flank charges all the time. With the mark of Nurgle at least you'll be able to weather the worst of the enemy shooting phase and once you get into combat the knights will be hard to kill just CR that you'll have to worry about. I think the key to playing this army well will be combining your charges very well and obviously making the best possible use of that dragon as he's a lot of VP but you're going to have to get him stuck into the business end of things.

Couldn't agree more with just about all of that. I'm also wondering if the lack of scrolls will be an issue...6 DD is good but not being able to stop a clutch spell could be...bad...

Kalec
12-01-2009, 01:47
Drop the standard from two of the knight units and give the third the frenzy banner. Drop a unit of warhounds to upgrade the sorcerer with the book to level 2.

VVar
13-01-2009, 00:59
Drop the standard from two of the knight units and give the third the frenzy banner. Drop a unit of warhounds to upgrade the sorcerer with the book to level 2.

I'm a huge fan of rage banner+nurgle knights, but is it worth losing two standards? They always provide CR...