PDA

View Full Version : Amulet of Protectyness

Diremouse
10-01-2009, 01:13
Does the amulet give a save of: amour, shield, and parry bonus?
If yes does being mounded make a difference?
Example
If I have a chaos warrior with shield and hand weapon IE: save 2+/3+
What does the orc with the amulet use as a save?

Neckutter
10-01-2009, 01:15
it gives an armor save AND a ward save at the time of the orc taking a wound.

so if somehow the chaos warrior was in HtH with the O+G character and had a 2+ armor save, the O+G character with this would have a 2+ armor save(and not receive a wardsave from this item, as the warrior had none)

EDIT: also for example if the O+G character was fighting a tzeentch dude with the armor of morrsleib(4+ward from non magic but tzeentch mark makes it a 3+) the orc character would then have a 3+ ward. IMO though, if the chaos character had a magic weapon, the orc would NOT get a ward save, because the orc's 3+ ward would still have the condition from the armor of morrsleib. i.e "counts as having the same ward save" would mean the orc would still have the conditional "3+ ward from non magical attacks"

Diremouse
10-01-2009, 01:22
The warrior has a 3+ save , but with a parry bring the save to a 2+.
So does the orc get the 3+ because that his "amour save" or the 2+ because the warrior is able to parry?

Neckutter
10-01-2009, 01:24
2+ if the warrior is in close combat(to the front) because of the "parry"

Braad
10-01-2009, 11:54
2+ if the warrior is in close combat(to the front) because of the "parry"

I agree to that. Calculate the AS as if the wounder is in exactly the same situation. Otherwise you'll just be making things difficult.

theunwantedbeing
10-01-2009, 12:09
You get whatever save the other guy has.
You just flanked him? Your negating his hand weapon and sheild bonus so you wont be getting that either.

Simple.