PDA

View Full Version : Druchii HORDE! - My version. 2250pts

Kalandros
10-01-2009, 03:36
After seeing W0lf's list in the Hydra-whining thread, I decided I had to make an army like his.

After discussion on Druchii.net, my current version of the list is:

[252] Dreadlord - Pendant of Kaeleth, Potion of Strength, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Sea Dragon Cloak, Great Weapon
Attached to Black Guard of Naggarond
My General. Ld10 to soften the Panic, Fear and Terror tests of the Warriors around him. He will be under the effect of the ASF banner so that is 4 S6 attacks and once per game, 4 S9 attacks (0+ Lords? 1+ reroll dwarf lord? Waltar? Pft! Begone)

[134] Master - Armour of Darkness, Ring of Hotek, Great Weapon
[128] Master - whip of Agony, Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak
Attached to a unit of 24 Warriors each. These guys help bring some more combat result and the very important Ring of Hotek for a list with ZERO magic, not even a scroll!

[225] Death Hag - Cauldron of Blood, Army Standard Bearer
Seriously.. I can't play without my Cauldron of Blood :[ I love it too much. Stubborn 9 and BSB, plus I will be able to shield my Black Guards or Buff up a unit that reaches combat. And its an excellent Tar Pit plus it causes Terror.

[208] 24 Druchii Warriors - Spears, Light Armours, Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer: War Banner, Lordling
[183] 24 Druchii Warriors - Spears, Light Armours, Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer, Lordling
One on each side of the Black Guards.

[240] 20 Druchii Warriors - Repeater Crossbows, Light Armours, Shields, Musician, Guardmaster, Standard Bearer
[235] 20 Druchii Warriors - Repeater Crossbows, Light Armours, Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer
These will take care of the Flanks most of the time, killing Fast Cavalry and whatnot, with enough spiky rain of doom to kill a Bloodthirster.. hah! Had 5 points left so one has a unit champion ;p

[055] 5 Harpies
[055] 5 Harpies
Warmachines are always annoying, especially for a slow moving Infantry army. Though these may be targetted very fast, I will keep them near the Ring of Hotek early on.

[335] 19 Black Guard of Naggarond - Halberds, Heavy Armours, Standard Bearer: Standard of Hag Greaf, Tower Master: Crimson Death
The usual army center eh?

[200] 2 Reaper Bolt Throwers
To support the army, if no hills, they will most likely be on each flank with the RxB Warriors, depending on what I'm facing of course

Models: 130 (Counting Warmachines and individual crew)
Power: 2
Dispel: 2 + Ring of Hotek
Deployments: 8

Fun Factor? Possibly High. No Hydra or heavy druchii magic, no dark riders, no assassins.

Frankly
10-01-2009, 11:44
Its a really hard list to read mate, if the edit it a bit so people see get a quick veiw of it, then maybe you'll get more posts.

Aurellis
10-01-2009, 11:51
Drop the Potion of Strength, it's too hit or miss for 30 points.
Bump both Warriors units to 29 models (30 with Masters)
Black Guard usually work best at 3x6 so I'd think about dropping to 18.
Take the Standard Bearers out of the crossbowmen as it's easy VPs if they get taken which will be easily if the crossbowmen get a charge.
Split the 2x20 into 4x10 with Musicians.
Any points left use to get an extra Harpy/Black Guard or two.

Other than that it's a great concept and a good start to the list :)

Kalandros
10-01-2009, 14:33
Its a really hard list to read mate, if the edit it a bit so people see get a quick veiw of it, then maybe you'll get more posts.

Everything is listed in order of Lord - Heroes - Core - Special - Rare
What the hell is hard to read in there?

If you can't be bothered to read it, just don't post.

blurred
10-01-2009, 15:05
Everything is listed in order of Lord - Heroes - Core - Special - Rare
What the hell is hard to read in there?

If you can't be bothered to read it, just don't post.

Dude, take it easy. He was just suggesting. The list is a bit of a mess with fluff and tactics crammed in there.

Anyway, it looks like a solid list. Good job.

theunwantedbeing
10-01-2009, 15:42
Erm.....the couldren is only making itself stubborn, the hag cannot leave the unit.
Seems a bit of a waste of points to me.

As a result 3 of the 4 character's you have simply arent needed at all.

The army isnt all that big really...sure you have the 2 unit's of 20 crossbowmen but people will be staying out of range of them and you'll have trouble getting all 20 into a position to fire with your 3 main units wandering around.
If your on a hill the enemy is simply going to sit out of range of you and make you come down off the hill.
So using them ranked up to fire at targets on hills seems like a more appropriate use for them.

You could do with more ranked units, or bigger units really.

Kalandros
10-01-2009, 15:43
Drop the Potion of Strength, it's too hit or miss for 30 points.
Bump both Warriors units to 29 models (30 with Masters)
Black Guard usually work best at 3x6 so I'd think about dropping to 18.
Take the Standard Bearers out of the crossbowmen as it's easy VPs if they get taken which will be easily if the crossbowmen get a charge.
Split the 2x20 into 4x10 with Musicians.
Any points left use to get an extra Harpy/Black Guard or two.

Other than that it's a great concept and a good start to the list :)

Hmm, not sure on dropping the Potion yet o:
As for the crossbowmen, I think 4x10 would be better as 4 RBTs and 2x10 crossbowmen, but I'll give a try to the blocks of 20 with full command. If they don't give good result then I'll consider splitting them up.
I guess I could make the Black Guards wider, I usually play them 7x2 - I guess they can get Ranks from supporting Warrior blocks. o:

Thanks for the advice~

Aurellis
10-01-2009, 15:50
Hmm, not sure on dropping the Potion yet o:
As for the crossbowmen, I think 4x10 would be better as 4 RBTs and 2x10 crossbowmen, but I'll give a try to the blocks of 20 with full command. If they don't give good result then I'll consider splitting them up.
I guess I could make the Black Guards wider, I usually play them 7x2 - I guess they can get Ranks from supporting Warrior blocks. o:

Thanks for the advice~

By 4x10 Crossbowmen, I meant 4 units of 10 :D

mattschuur
10-01-2009, 16:25
I like it. I disagree that the potion of strength is hit or miss. It depends on when you use it as to whether its worth its points. Pretty much never use it unless hatred is in effect and it will work well for you.

I agree that if you drop all the upgrades on the crossbows, make them 4 units of 10 with mus. then you'd have 55 points left to pick up another unit of harpies, thereby increasing your model total.

IMHO keep warriors 24 strong as with a master your opponent still has to kill 6 to negate 1 rank bonus and the increased bodies to 29 is of negligible benefit unless you are facing another heavy shooting army, and most likely the warriors will not be the primary target.

Personally, i think Black Guard are best used the way you have them, 5x4 as I always like the extra rank bonus to be there in case my guys struggle in the kill department. If a choice between 2 attacks or an extra rank i'll take the extra rank. Plus, the 6x3 needs only 2 guys to die to get the rank down to 1 while 5x4 needs 6.

A Cauldron of blood is always a good thing.

matt schuur