PDA

View Full Version : Gorog's first go at Greenies

Gorog Irongut
10-01-2009, 11:32
Here's my first starter list. Basically, I like animosity and I have no interest in combatting it with Blorcs. I like Forest Goblins, Night Goblins, and Savage Orcs. I like chariots and the occasional squig. So here's my army:

Savage Orc Warboss
Akrit, Boar Chariot, L. Armour, Shield...............236
I would be tempted to give him the Effigy of Mork most of all but I currently have taken it off. Frenzied chariot goodness.

Goblin Big Boss
Wolf Chariot, Tricksy Trinket, Wollopa's, Collar of Zorga, LA, Sh...............144
This is a fairly familiar build. But it furthers my like of chariots. So far we're at 2.

Savage Orc Big Boss
BSB, Spirit Totem, LA, Boar............168
The only thing I'm not certain about with him is the boar. It increases his save which is great. But it increases his mobility which theoretically is great but when he's going to be stationed in a N. Goblin bunker and can be frenzied out into released fanatics, I get a bit leery. That said, he seems fun. Which I like.

N. Gobbo Shaman
Wolf Chariot, Dispel, Brimstone Bauble (or an extra scroll)...........160
He boosts my magic defense and provides me with an exploding chariot. My question is, can a N. Gobbo shaman be put in a wolf chariot? It says Goblin Shaman which could be the over-heading or refer to the subgroup of Night/Goblin Shamans. Part of me is tempted to just drop the bauble and chariot and make him as cheap as possible and leave him with a chukka to make it US5.

Characters.............708

21 N. Goblins w/ shortbow
mus, 1 fanatic..................92

mus, 1 fanatic..................92

These are great against for shooting (large targets) and fleeing... after having dropped their fanatic.

mus................................67

mus................................67
Same as above but they will leave my opponent guessing as to where I'm hiding the fanatics. These are meant to lead my opponent into movement errors such as failed charges.

41 N. Goblins w/ spears
nets, fc, 3 fanatics...........294
This will be the cenre of my battle line and will have my bsb in there. It should be surprisingly hard to shift with lots of combat res and the nets doing what they do. It should also provide me with a fully charged spirit totem for the entire game.

2 Snotlings..................40
These will have a multipurpose role. They and perhaps some spiders will provide a barrier in front of the netting unit and will be far enough away that when charged the fanatics will pop out. It will also protect the Savage Orc Bsb from being frenzied out of the netting unit.

5 Spider Riders w/ shortbows
mus............................76

I like spiders. Being goblins, these will be throw away units and will help me win the movement game through fleeing and mis direction.

10 Savage Orcs w/ additional choppa......100

10 Savage Orcs w/ additional choppa......100
These guys are some of my favourites. 15 S4 attacks in the first round. These guys can put out the heat. Sure they can be baited but a large portion of the units I've already got are there for preventing this and leaving me to charge when I want to. Also with 2 units, I have redundancy.

Core...................................1156pts

Spear Chukka w/ bully...........40

Spear Chukka w/ bully...........40
Easy to guess what these are for.

Orc Boar Chariot..................80
Again, I like chariots. This brings it to 4.

Squig Herd of 1 team...........30

Squig Herd of 1 team............30
These are my kamikaze squigs. They're meant to die. At 5 models strong they shouldn't ever survive, will definitely flee and then explode. Being as small as they are, I should be able to move them easily amongst all of my other units while still protecting them from fleeing when I don't want them to explode. 1 wound makes them immune to animosity.

Special.............................220

Pump Wagon.....................40

Pump Wagon.....................40
2 more fun chariots. My opponent has to take them seriously and when he dedicates energy towards getting rid of them, they'll have already made their points back. If they actually get the charge in, then they'll have made their points back. Win/Win.

Doomdiver........................80
Again this is fun and deadly when used properly.

2244 points
Models: 191 + characters
Warmachines: 3
Chariots: 6
Power Dice: 3
Dispel Dice: 6 and 2 scrolls

Pelskwig
10-01-2009, 12:42
I wouldnt put the BSB with The spirit totem in the Gobbos on a boar, as soon as he leaves that unit (which he will if playing an opponent who has half a brain), the spirit totem becomes useless.

Chadjabdoul
10-01-2009, 12:50
You might want to combine both svg orc units into one 20 strong.
Same with your squig herds. Greenskins always do better in big numbers.