PDA

View Full Version : 2.5k Empire, Please Comment

b4d0m3n
11-01-2009, 06:40
My second attempt at an Empire list. Let me know what you think.

Lords

General of the Empire

Griffin, Armour of Meteoric Iron, Mace of Helsturm, Sigil of Sigmar

380pts

Heroes

Master Engineer

Mechanical Steed, Hochland Long Rifle

Wizard

Level 2, 2 x Dispel Scrolls

Wizard

Level 2, Rod of Power, Ring of Volans

Core

25 x Swordsmen

Full Command, Banner of Valour

Detachment: 10 x Handgunners

Detachment: 10 x Free Company

25 x Halberdiers

Full Command

Detachment: 10 x Handgunners

Detachment: 10 x Free Company

30 x Free Company

Full Command

7 x Knights

Full Command, Steel Standard

Special

2 x Great Cannon

5 x Outriders [Master Engineer Sits Here]

Full Command, Hochland Long Rifle

6 x Outriders

Full Command, Hochland Long Rifle

Rare

Helblaster Volley Gun

Helstorm Rocket Battery

PopeAlexanderVI
11-01-2009, 06:48
Lose the Griffin, just a Manticore without killing blow. Keep the General if you want to be soft/fluffy or whatever, otherwise take a Pope with or without his mobile.

List needs a BSB, I'd switch out the Engineer for one. IF you want to keep a heavy infantry list I'd go Imperial.

Halberdiers are worse than Swordsmen, switch them out.

Giant Free Company unit is no good, make it into a Swordsmen unit with detachments.

Knights can be in a unit of 5

b4d0m3n
11-01-2009, 06:56
Lose the Griffin, just a Manticore without killing blow. Keep the General if you want to be soft/fluffy or whatever, otherwise take a Pope with or without his mobile.

List needs a BSB, I'd switch out the Engineer for one. IF you want to keep a heavy infantry list I'd go Imperial.

Halberdiers are worse than Swordsmen, switch them out.

Giant Free Company unit is no good, make it into a Swordsmen unit with detachments.

Knights can be in a unit of 5

No on the Pope, doesn't really play into my fluff. Can't swap out the Engineer for same reason. I really like the feel of Free Company. I need a unit of pressganged battle hobos. The way I figure it, they'll bog down enemy units. Will have a think about your other comments. Thanks, I appreciate them all.

Cambion Daystar
13-01-2009, 07:52
I'd reduce the size of the handgunner detachments. It can make the units hell to deploy because of their size. Consider dropping them to 5 models each, and then adding a separate unit of 10.
Good on the free company, i like them too as detachments.
If you have the models, you could try switching out the halberdiers for swordmen (but keep them if you like the models, try them first and see how you like them).

I'd switch one unit of outriders for pistoliers, and use them to marchblock / hunt warmachines.
I'd also drop the knight down to 6. Makes them easier to manouver/deploy.

I have no experience with the griffin, but he seems vulnerable to me. Let me know how he works out.

Frankly
13-01-2009, 21:38
I got to go, just bumping so I can reply tomorrow and not lose the thread.

I play the same kind of list, back tomorrow.

The Farmer
14-01-2009, 22:28
Your infantry line isn't supported at all, at this rate they'll crumble to anything without fighting characters, bsb's or the general's leadership as the general is on his overcosted underpowererd giant chicken.

Is there anyway you could like substitute the engineer like play "count as" because the engineer is the worst hero in the whole game, a goblin boss in a goblin unit is many many times better and costs cheaper to boot. Graham McNeil screwed the engineer up so bad that unless you are playing friendly games and you don't mind being the underdog the engineer is a no go. May I suggest using the model as a unit champion for something. In 6th edition nobody used the engineer, in 7th he went up in points and lost the ability to take magic items, hmmm what were the rule designers on when they did this.

The thing with taking a griffon is your army needs to be built around it, it needs to be fast and strike hard. When people take griffons they tend to be paired with other flyign heroes, if you can get robo horse to fly somehow a captasus would be a much better hero then an engineer.