PDA

View Full Version : Questions about magic

nwo
11-01-2009, 13:24
Hey all, so far ive always used dwarfs and khorne warriors of chaos and now im starting high elves but i got no clue about magic since i never used it.

Ive got some simple questions about some spells

( i dont have my rules book here so im reading the descriptions from army builder )

The Wall of fire spell from the lore of fire, it doesnt say anything about range or LOS, does this mean that i dont require the range or LOS to cast the spell?

Same question for Conflagration of Doom.

Bane of Forged Steel from the lore of metal, as rule of burning iron but affects 2d6 models within 24.

Do i have to choose a single unit or character to take the hit/hits or i can choose models from different units if they are within 24 of the caster?

Master Incarias
11-01-2009, 13:36
All of these questions are amply answered in the main Fantasy rulebook, so it might be against forum rules to simply cite them.

Sorry.

Wapniak
11-01-2009, 13:40
Remember that you always need LOS to cast a spell. <- Not true :cries:

Atrahasis
11-01-2009, 13:48
Remember that you always need LOS to cast a spell.

Rubbish.

Magic missiles require LOS, otherwise if a spell requires LOS, it will say so in the description.

Wapniak
11-01-2009, 13:52
Yup, Rubbish I just checked it. But this destroyed my whole world :D

Asmodiseus
11-01-2009, 13:53
Remember that you always need LOS to cast a spell.

Actually this is not true. You only need LoS if the spell says you need LoS. If a spell says "this spell may be cast at any unit within 18" then you do not need LoS. but if it says "Cast at any enemy unit within 18" and in Line of Sight" Then obviously you do. Also remember magic missles follow rules for shooting so you need LoS for those as well.

To the OP Wall of Fire does not need LoS but it does indeed have a range

Conflagration requires LoS and has no range

Bane of forged steel no longer exists in 7th edition as it is a sixth edition spell. I would highly recomend you invest in a 7th edition rule book.

Wapniak
11-01-2009, 13:55
Yes, I remembered it wrong, I admited it. I checked it because I had doubts about it. Do you want me to feel bad? :cries:

Asmodiseus
11-01-2009, 14:06
I was typing my post at the same time as Atrahasis and when I finished both of ya'lls had already been posted, if you want I can go back and edit it.

Wapniak
11-01-2009, 19:06
No it's OK! :D

nwo
11-01-2009, 20:49
Yeah it was clear in the rulesbook, conflagration has unlimited range and wall of fire is range 24, army builder just didnt have that.

Though i still dont understand how spirit of the forge works...

Guanyin
11-01-2009, 20:58
Yeah it was clear in the rulesbook, conflagration has unlimited range and wall of fire is range 24, army builder just didnt have that.

Though i still dont understand how spirit of the forge works...

It works as the metals first spell, except that it is 2d6 hits rather than 1. And you cant single out individual models with it. (note the s26 hits, not 2d6 models affected, the first BRB erata changed this).