PDA

View Full Version : Eltharion's 'Great Leap'

Major Defense
29-04-2005, 01:10
So I'm going to use blind Eltharion in a game on Saturday (see tactics forum) and I have a question about the wording of his 'Great Leap' ability. It says, "At the start of any round of combat, before attacks are allocated or challenges issued, Eltharion may be moved to anywhere in the same combat (even to leave one unit and join another or to becom an independent character)."

Does this wording of "anywhere" mean that I can micro-manage his movement to place his 20mm base inside a 25mm model's base to prevent attacks from anyone but that one model? Further, does this mean that he can move to the back of a unit to attack a Skaven character hiding out there?

BullBuchanan
29-04-2005, 02:32
you always must align against the most troops possible, but if you hop to the enemies rear, you shouldnt have to worry about two much anyway, considering he strikes first and is likely to waste them. As long as the skaven character is in the back row, I dont see why not. I think you'd also get the rear bonus as well if you hopped back there.It may be a better idea to challenge him if he's weak(dont know anything about skaven) as the overkill would probably be pretty nice to add to your CR.

Major Defense
29-04-2005, 03:35
you always must align against the most troops possible

According to what rule? Maybe you're thinking of something in the section on moving charges? This is not a charge. Anyway, I don't recall a rule with that kind of wording. Great Leap says "anywhere" and that's why I'm asking.

I think you'd also get the rear bonus as well if you hopped back there.

Eltharion has a unit strength of 1. 5 is required to take that bonus. Where is Sylass when you need him?

anarchistica
29-04-2005, 03:52
Does this wording of "anywhere" mean that I can micro-manage his movement to place his 20mm base inside a 25mm model's base to prevent attacks from anyone but that one model?
Yup. If you'd try it against me, i'd laugh and pulverise Eltharion/your elbows. ;)

Further, does this mean that he can move to the back of a unit to attack a Skaven character hiding out there?
Yup.

Major Defense
29-04-2005, 04:00
Yup. If you'd try it against me, i'd laugh and pulverise Eltharion/your elbows. ;)

???

My elbows?

I think I'll just read "Yup" and figure the rest out when I'm not tired.

anarchistica
01-05-2005, 20:31
I would bend them the wrong way, then smash them with a sledgehammer. :)

Moi
02-05-2005, 06:46
That's rude! How dare you do this to a fellow High Elf player?!? Are you a dwarf or something? Pathetic, short-sighted creature...

Just kidding! ;-)