PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Points New Lizardmen

Kyte
11-01-2009, 17:51
I'm thinking something like this would be your average 2250 point list.

Slann with full lore, +1PD/spell and about 50 points of other stuff

Lvl2 Priest on engine with diadem

Combat tooled Scar Vet

4x10 Skink Skirmishers

2x12 Saurus with spears, shields and command

14 Temple Guard

2 Stegadons

3 Terradons

Seems fairly all round.

Magic phase is well above average for an army that's not completely magic dependant.

Fighting ability is pretty good

Annoyment factor is relatively high with Scarvet, Skinks and terradons

Most other armies will struggle against 3 large Terror Causers, as most armies include a max of 2 of these.

The army contains 85 models, so it's not a tiny army.

The great diversity will also make the army fairly fun to play.

What do you think?

Thanks

- Kyte

Frankly
11-01-2009, 18:42
Well ... the books not out and no-ones seen it performing on the table top ... especially units like the engine so ...... no comment.

bored1
11-01-2009, 19:15
I think you're going to get spanked by any magic heavy list. 6 dd + 1 scroll with the overall slowness of your army isn't really enough (the slowness can't be helped, it's inherent to lizardmen).

EDIT: and when I say any, I mean VC, DoC, and possibly DE and skaven.

Kyte
11-01-2009, 19:30
I think you're going to get spanked by any magic heavy list. 6 dd + 1 scroll with the overall slowness of your army isn't really enough (the slowness can't be helped, it's inherent to lizardmen).

EDIT: and when I say any, I mean VC, DoC, and possibly DE and skaven.

I'm primarily facing WE, Dwarfs, OK, Beasts, WoC, CD and O&G, so that won't be much of a problem.Could you please tell why do you think it'll struggle against magic heavy armies ?

Also, I have the diadem of power, which will increase my dispel pool to 8 dice whenever needed.

Thanks

- Kyte

Lotl Botl
11-01-2009, 20:22
looks pretty good but im not sure how durable those saurus units will really be, and with with banner in such a small unit that could be some easy vp for your opponent

blackjack
11-01-2009, 23:03
I have played 2 games with the new army.

[QUOTE]Slann with full lore, +1PD/spell and about 50 points of other stuff

I recomend buying a BSB for the Slann. The extra CR and reroll breaks are great for 25pts.

Lvl2 Priest on engine with diadem

Seems pretty standard, the hard part i keeping the engine out of HtH but within 2d6 inches of enemies to use the area effect damage ability.

Combat tooled Scar Vet

Well yes.. Your lack of specifics means I cant say much. The tried and true Jag charm, warrior with great weapon works if you give your slann lore of shadows so you can double up on steed of shadows.

4x10 Skink Skirmishers

Can't go wrong with skinks, even with the increased cost they still rock.

2x12 Saurus with spears, shields and command

Command on a unit of 12? I would not give up the VP's of a standard on such small units. Units of 12 are great. I pref units of 18, at 18 I would consider command.

14 Temple Guard

Why not take 16? with the Slann that makes a full 3 ranks. (yes the rules for displacement are in the new books and specify that a slann counts as 4 Saurus for determining rank bonus.)

2 Stegadons

I was not a fan of Stegs in the old book, in the new book they made them -1 movment. Getting off a charge with M6 is hard. Heavy cav will rape them IMO.

3 Terradons

New Terradons are cool but they die to ANY form of shooting. I can't see many scenarios where they make there points back.

Lotl Botl
11-01-2009, 23:58
i think terradons will quite easily earn there points back actually, considereing they can avoid shooting by hiding in woods and their first fly-by or charge into a war-mahine crew will allow them start earning thier points back also i think they are still t3 and 2 wounds
and stegs def used to be mv 6

blackjack
12-01-2009, 00:15
My bad on the steggies, don't know what i was thinking. However getting a charge off with M6 is still iffy and the charge is what Steggies are all about.

Kyte
12-01-2009, 13:23
Stegadons make great anvils IMO.

Also, I would gladly charge with the engine, as it can still use it's abilities in combat. D6 S4 hits with no save + D6 S6 Impact Hits + 3 WS3 S6 attacks + the odd chance a skink or priest might actually kill a model is fairly nasty.

We usually do not play with captured standards (Except BSB) where I come from, so it doesn't really matter with the standards in the small units.

Thanks

- Kyte

blackjack
12-01-2009, 13:52
But Your skinks and priest will die in HTH and I belive that the engine will not work without a priest.

Kyte
12-01-2009, 13:55
Both the stegadon and the priest can fight in challenges. Just challenge the enemy unit champ and kill him before they get to strike back.

Also. The engine will work without the priest, but the priest will go back to being Lvl2 if the steg dies.

Thanks

- Kyte

g0ddy
12-01-2009, 23:11
The engine is 'used' by the priest... If he dies.. pretty sure you 'cant' use the engines abilities anymore...

~ zilla

Dragon Prince of Caledor
12-01-2009, 23:29
I saw the new lizardmen playing the other day at my local gw the guy playing them is apparently the second best player in canada. It was an absolutely awesome game to watch. IMO when grown men are screaming and laughing over dice rolls GW has done its job! The thing where you pick a wizard within 24' that has all 6's discarded is disgusting. The machine makes the priest more like a L3 i believe that and the fact that the new stegadon model is AWESOME! I think its a good list. Looks like tough competition.