PDA

View Full Version : Everything about Lion El'Jonson

Brizzle
29-11-2005, 10:22
I am plannning on making a 40k model of Lion El'Jonson (and maybe later of all the primarchs) and I would appreciate the help of everyone's collective knowledge, especially from the pre-third edtition days. I would like to hear everything there is to know about him (armour, weapons, hair color, facial hair, scars, tatoos, scabs etc.). Hopefully, with everyone's help, I can make an accurate model. Let's get some genuine fluff in here (Horus with a mace... WTF?).

Thanks in advance:D

Lion El Jason
29-11-2005, 10:26
Lion Helm, that was his.
He had a big power sword...
He was tall, not as strong as russ but quicker (May influence pose)

Brizzle
29-11-2005, 10:27
I'm not sure, but isn't the sword Cypher carries around LEJ's?

archangels uk
29-11-2005, 10:46
Its unknown if it is the same sword as cypher has never been witnessed welding it

ryng_sting
29-11-2005, 18:43
He had long russet hair, was pale and clean shaven. He had an aristocractic bearing with an aloof, disdainful manner. He wielded the Lion Sword and wore black power armour, as did all the original DA's.

Nazguire
29-11-2005, 22:12
Blonde too he was

He also had an arrogant and calculating manner, so any facial expressions should be Clark Kent in impersonation.

W007! 1000th post :angel:

feintstar
30-11-2005, 00:46
Oh, And he's also asleep in the heart of the Rock tended by the watchers in the dark.

And he's really quite big. Like a Lion. I would imagine he might have some lion motifs.

And his sword might have a broad spade like tend, like the DA symbol does.

cailus
30-11-2005, 01:26
And he drives a M.30754 model Toyota Camry, likes 80's pop music (especially Bananarama), is an avid golf player and likes Catachan food.

His wife is Gloria El'Johnson, who likes to knit socks for the Chapter and who is also a long serving member of the Caliban Rotary Club.

He has a couple of kids too. His daughter, Melanie, is a successful marketing executive for the Valhallan Happy Can Corporation, who produce festive tin can wrappers. She is married andh as 2 kids of her own.

His son, Josh, is a bit of a disappointment as he did not follow in his father's footsteps and became a Dark Angel Marine. He instead became a folk musician, playing traditional ballads from Grindcoria, whose population are descendants from the crew of the two decommisioned Imperial warships, Napalm Death and Carcass.

Nazguire
30-11-2005, 03:09
And he drives a M.30754 model Toyota Camry, likes 80's pop music (especially Bananarama), is an avid golf player and likes Catachan food.

His wife is Gloria El'Johnson, who likes to knit socks for the Chapter and who is also a long serving member of the Caliban Rotary Club.

He has a couple of kids too. His daughter, Melanie, is a successful marketing executive for the Valhallan Happy Can Corporation, who produce festive tin can wrappers. She is married and has 2 kids of her own.

His son, Josh, is a bit of a disappointment as he did not follow in his father's footsteps and became a Dark Angel Marine. He instead became a folk musician, playing traditional ballads from Grindcoria, whose population are descendants from the crew of the two decommisioned Imperial warships, Napalm Death and Carcass.

Oh God I love you :p

Damokles
30-11-2005, 19:49
cailus, you made my day!!!

haven't laughed that hard in.... well a long time!

Yandell
30-11-2005, 20:50
Will you be using existing models with GS etc. or sculpting it entirly out of GS

The Lobotomist
01-12-2005, 08:52
The Lion, after the Heresy, painted his armor green, and had the Marines under his command paint theirs as well. When he got back to Caliban Luthor, and the other Dark Angels with him were pissed they didn't get a call, or an email, or anything to tell them about the color change. They got super pissed, and fought the Dark Angels, and then were scattered into space.

Well, on Caliban, before discovery by the Emperor, the Lion was a knight, so some suitably knightly heraldry incorporating a lion would be great.

Brizzle
02-12-2005, 04:36
Will you be using existing models with GS etc. or sculpting it entirly out of GS

I'm not good enough to sculpt the whole thing out of GS, so I plan to use mostly bitz from existing models.

Icarus
03-12-2005, 00:53
http://redelf.h1.ru/w40k/ia/w40k_ia_da.html has a lot of info on Johnson and his chapter, if that helps.

HiveFleetEzekial
03-12-2005, 03:02
wow a nearly exact rip-off of the index astartes. :eek: :eyebrows: for the site owner's sake, i sure hope they know about GW's IP policies.... :evilgrin:

Khaine's Messenger
03-12-2005, 04:30
for the site owner's sake, i sure hope they know about GW's IP policies....

Oh, I think GW knows about Red Elf.

Anyway, Johnson is sadly not even one of the doodled Primarchs of the HHCCG (the DAs kinda got short shrift...although Astelan popped up ;) ). Mostly he's described as not possessing a good sense of humor, instead having both a calculating demeanor and a rather taciturn outlook on life. He's probably the sort of person who has to be told it's a joke when he's not "in the mood." Not overtly antagonistic, he has a cold "my way or the highway" approach to things when he's in charge that would probably freeze R. Lee Ermey's privates off; slow to boil, when his cool is gone he will not hold back unless you are a very close friend. He's also one of the few Primarchs who didn't try to beat the crud out of the Emperor when he showed his Anatolian butt up on his "homeworld," and in general he's described as one of the "best" Primarchs (in the realm of strat/tac abilities), iirc.

As for gear and appearance? Well, you could argue he would have a constant "hounded" look about him, I think. He grew up in the wilds, and despite the disciplined order of Knights he joined, he would probably always keep something of the jungle in his heart and reflect it in his behavior, as well as suffer its effects on his expressions. I'd expect his hair to look straw-blonde, with sideburns grown out as if he had a real mane. His countenance would be "classical haughty Brit," maybe with out-thrust jaw to match his kin in the chin area. He would bear the Lion Sword and have highly ornamented personal armor, quite possibly something a bit like Astelan's, very knight-y but also more decorated by merit of superior rank. A regal hooded cloak is also a must. I wouldn't be surprised if he also had a mace of some sort.

Wintermute
03-12-2005, 05:06
Just think of Lion El'Jonson as being King Arthur wielding Excalibur to give you an idea for his imagery.

BTW the reason Cypher hasn't been seen brandishing the Lion Sword? It was broken during the battle between the Lion and Luthor. This is reflected in the iconography of the Deathwing (the broken sword symbol).

ryng_sting
03-12-2005, 13:28
Btw: There's been no pic of Jonson in the sabretooth series, but there's been one of Roboute Guilliman. Anyone seen it, and/or can they reproduce it here?