PDA

View Full Version : Anti Dark elve with WoC, need it quick!!!

changer of fate
11-01-2009, 22:32
fellow WoC player, DE players, all WFB players plz give some advice and suggestions on beating DE with WoC in 1500pts. thank you.....plz be quick....

BattleofLund
11-01-2009, 22:54
1) Take Spawns to counter Harpies and Dark Riders who otherwise infiltrate your battleline and cause trouble. A fighty character alone on foot is also good at this, but more expensive. Try to avoid getting these units shot too much.

2) If your opponent likes to use magic, take a lvl2 Sorcerer with two Dispel Scrolls. Put him on a horse, then he is usable as an anti-Bolt Thrower torpedo too.

3) High probability of a Pendant of Kaeleth. Use Chaos Warriors for your main close combat unit, then they should make up for the zero wounds your Hero will cause on his Hero. I.e., while the Pendant may soak up one model's attacks, Chaos is fighty enough to win on their troops' superior characteristics. Chaos Knights are even better, of course - but not a core unit.

4) Take Chariots. Elves do not like facing well-armoured high-toughness units, and the impact hits are seriously worrying even for Manticores.

Hope that helps!

Dexter099
11-01-2009, 22:59
Hmmmm...

Well, let's see, it really depends on what kind of army your opponent takes. Generally, though, Dark Elves have:

Lots of Magic
A good amount of shooting
Cold Ones

Odds are he will take a few sorceresses. It's generally good to take two wizards at that point, one with MoN, and the other with MoT. Infernal puppet will allow you to kill his spellcasters when they miscast more easily, which they will do throwing all those power dice around. Don't forget that with the third eye of Tzeentch, your Nurgle Sorceror can use their generate power dice spell!

Heroes:

Sorceror of Chaos: Mark of Tzeentch, Lvl. 2, Infernal Puppet, Spell Familiar, Biting Blade. 190 points.

Sorceror of Chaos: Mark of Nurgle, Lvl. 2, Skull of Katam, Third Eye of Tzeentch. 210 points.

Core:

15 Warriors of Chaos: Shields, Mark of Nurgle, Full Command. 300 points.

12 Warriors of Chaos: Shields, Mark of Slaanesh, Full Command. 232 points.

25 Marauders: Light armor and shields, Mark of Slaanesh, Full Command. 150 points.

5 Warhounds: 30 points

5 Warhounds: 30 points

Special:

7 Knights of Chaos: Mark of Tzeentch, Full Command. 350 points.

Total: 1497 points.

I threw the biting blade in there because I had extra points.

The warhounds should pull his frenzied units away, bait, and march block his troops. The warriors fill the main thrust of the battleline, while the marauders form a large unit that can house the two sorcerors. The Knights of Chaos should support your main line and charge in at the same time as your warriros or threaten your opponent into bad situations.

W0lf
11-01-2009, 23:18
Take a scroll caddy, 2x 10marauders and as many khorne knights as you can fit.

Set ,match, win.

Shamfrit
11-01-2009, 23:23
Take a scroll caddy, 2x 10marauders and as many khorne knights as you can fit.

Set ,match, win.

Wolf beat me too it :cries:

3X 5 Knights of Khorne, no command = 690.

They'll do most of the work for you :D

Dexter099
11-01-2009, 23:44
Not against DE...

They can easily re-direct your knights and utterly smash them in cc or with shooting.

Jack of Blades
12-01-2009, 00:22
Not against DE...

They can easily re-direct your knights and utterly smash them in cc or with shooting.

Hardly at this point level with 3x5 Knights, it's worth a shot :)

Latro
12-01-2009, 07:04
Hardly at this point level with 3x5 Knights, it's worth a shot :)

Taking a pure Khornate army without any support for frenzy-control is a recepy for disaster. You could of course hope that your opponent is an utter nitwit though ...

;)

stonetroll
12-01-2009, 07:42
Taking a pure Khornate army without any support for frenzy-control is a recepy for disaster. You could of course hope that your opponent is an utter nitwit though ...

;)

Erh, don't have the book on me, but pretty sure that MoK no longer gives frenzy, just +1A... at least it doesn't make daemons frenzied anymore.

He can field maximum 2 bolt throwers at 1500. Throw in 2 sorcerors and he will still be utterly crushed by the 1.5 unit of knights that will arrive in his lines turn 2.

At 1500 pts I think only wood elves would be able to beat 3*5 knights (even without MoK). That would be by denying any form of combat and pure pints denial.

Makarion
12-01-2009, 07:46
Oddly enough, the Beasts of Chaos army would tackle that with little problem. Lore of beasts is great in dealing with cavalry. Admittedly, 3 units of knights is tough, but I am sure they can deal with one of those units in hand to hand, and leave the other two parked or magic missiled.

Latro
12-01-2009, 08:09
Erh, don't have the book on me, but pretty sure that MoK no longer gives frenzy, just +1A... at least it doesn't make daemons frenzied anymore.

In the Warriors of Chaos book it still makes units frenzied, they lost the extra dispel dice though.

:cool:

Draconian77
12-01-2009, 09:45
I'd be careful with relying on Knights, I'm a Druchii player myself and tooling to deal with fast moving and/or heavily armoured things(Aka: The majority of anything anywhere...) is what they should be all about.

I'd go for chariots supported by block infantry. Dragon Ogres are much better against DE than Chaos Knights. At least 1 mage will normally be required although Druchii magic is actually fairly naff(except for Black Horror...)

W0lf
12-01-2009, 11:53
how are DOs better then knights vs elves?

DO pros: S7
Knight pros: More attacks per frontage, higher WS.

S5 is nto all that diffrent to S7 when fighting T3. Hell the only units you have with good AS/T are hydras and Cold one knights.

Chaos knights will hand T3, 2+ save troops their **** and hydras arnt dealt with dragon oigres any better.

oh and 'pure khorne without support' - erm you can get like 20 hounds?

kroq'gar
12-01-2009, 12:08
Tzeench marked chosen and two warshrines.... march at them with blessings.
All characters on foot and take some scrolls

give chosen halberds and shields and then chose wisely in combat