PDA

View Full Version : Character on Chariot Challenge?

Tsinner
12-01-2009, 02:47
Need opinions on this ?

If a Character mounted on a chariot found himself challenged, would the mounts pulling the chariot be able to fight in said challenge? and if so what about the crewman as he is part of chariot? im just throwing it out there ...i myself think the chariot is the characters mount for all purposes so should be able to fight in the challenge along side the character...let me know what you guys /gals think ... i look forward to reading your responses.

havoc626
12-01-2009, 03:52
A chariot is a mount. Mounts fight in challenges. Therefore, all parts of the chariot fight in the combat.

GodlessM
12-01-2009, 04:05
No they can't fight because in the rulebook it states that a character in a chariot steps down from the character when in a challenge.

alextroy
12-01-2009, 04:19
A character in a chariot in a challenge fights, as do the chariots's mounts. However, the chariot crew does not. See the 6th Paragraph of Fighting A Challenge on page 77.

Neckutter
12-01-2009, 04:59
No they can't fight because in the rulebook it states that a character in a chariot steps down from the character when in a challenge.

youre thinking of 6th edition.

Condottiere
12-01-2009, 06:41
A challenge would involve all components of the model; however, I'd like to see the look on someone's face if they were informed that their dragon can't participate.

Guanyin
12-01-2009, 06:56
A challenge would involve all components of the model; however, I'd like to see the look on someone's face if they were informed that their dragon can't participate.

Onlt if you disregard the fact that the BRB p 76 says clearly that the chariot steeds may fight, the crew may not.

Neckutter
12-01-2009, 07:06
100% of the crew in my Tomb King's chariot fight in challenges.

Fellblade
12-01-2009, 07:07
Onlt if you disregard the fact that the BRB p 76 says clearly that the chariot steeds may fight, the crew may not.
Furthermore, the crew member doesn't get to fight anyone at all. Also, the steeds only get to attack to the front so if your chariot is flanked, only the hero fights.

EvC
12-01-2009, 11:58
You don't need our opinions on this, the rulebook is perfectly clear on the issue. The chariot steeds fight, the crewman does not, and those outside the challenge may not direct attacks onto the chariot.

I recently started using a Hero on a Chariot, who has to challenge all the damn time (since he's a Warriors of Chaos model), so I read up the rules on his this works in the main rulebook. It's surprisingly effective ;)